Consumer Reports Article on MFT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Consumer Reports Article on MFT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did see that writeup earlier today. While "stinks" is a harsh word, I can't disagree with much of what they said.

Who cares about Consumer Reports? I certainly do not, never have signed up to the silly magazines are whatever it is that they sell. :D

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/why-the-myford-touch-control-system-stinks.html
To answer your question 1.6 million subscribe to the online edition while 4.1 million are paid print subscribers. Hope that helps. :)
Those were 2006 figures and growth continues.
I've been a subscriber for, I guess, about 20 years and have found it very helpful on many ocassions. They don't really sell anything other than their magazine or online subscription.

Peter

Cant argue to much with what Consumers report says here about MY FORD TOUCH. I have had the update , and while touch commands are much better still not great , the voice recognition for commands etc still sucks large, and does not recognise what is said 80% of the time . I was at the GM dealer around the corner the other day looking at a Cadillac ATS , and the cue system is right on , with both voice and touch command. This system IS WHAT WE WERE PROMISED FROM DAY 1.

I enjoy reading Consumer Reports when at my in-laws house.

Cant argue to much with what Consumers report says here about MY FORD TOUCH. I have had the update , and while touch commands are much better still not great , the voice recognition for commands etc still sucks large, and does not recognise what is said 80% of the time . I was at the GM dealer around the corner the other day looking at a Cadillac ATS , and the cue system is right on , with both voice and touch command. This system IS WHAT WE WERE PROMISED FROM DAY 1.

I have very few (if any) issues with MFT. Touchscreen or voice command (but then again I am not swearing at it, so it likely recognizes my voice commands).:D

Mine has been working great. I find when it is using Navigation it tend to slow down alot. When I'm not using Nav it works pretty much as advertised.

Mines also has been working great a few hiccups but all and all i love it, by the way i read consumers report when i go to the bath room it helps all come out ok !!!

Ditto on that! :salute:

On numerous occasions I have been tempted to put my fist through the *****es screen. That's truly how much I agree with the report.

I agree with most of what the article said. But I have a 2013 and have never had many problems except a few times I had to resync my phone to make the voice commands work right. I think the biggest issue they brought up is that you can't touch-feel any of the buttons. Other than volume you have to look down to change anything on the main console.

Doa

On numerous occasions I have been tempted to put my fist through the *****es screen. That's truly how much I agree with the report.

I came to this forum tonight because MFT screen went blank tonight and I have only had this car for five days. I found a couple of suggestions on how to reboot the system. I will try them in the morning after a good nights sleep.

I love my MFT. Use it every day...dozens of commands per hour while driving. I control everything in my Ex with voice commands. I have no issues if I speak clearly at a consistent speed.

Mft thinks my car is amphibious.

20120824_174936.jpg

Back