Compatible parts for 1993 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Compatible parts for 1993 Explorer

mange1234

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Exployer
Can some one please tell me which parts on other cars are compatible with my Ford Explorer, 1993. 4x4. Vin no. x. pushrod.

For example are the PCM interchangable with my Explorer and other Ford Vehicles.

Thanks,

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The PCM is year, model, and vehicle option specific. If you have a 1993 Ford Explorer with an auto transmission, you need the same exact PCM code as what yours has stock for it to function correctly.

There's a long part number code beginning with F37F-12A650-XX, ending in two letters.

You have to match the part number code, as well as the four digit code on the top right of the PCM sticker, to get an exact match.

If you need another PCM, you can get used ones fairly cheap on ebay, or buy them refurbished through Rockauto or Advance Auto Parts. If you're lucky, you might find a local AAP store that has the PCM with the code you need in stock, and can use one of their online coupons to make it cheaper and pick-up in store. Otherwise you can still use a coupon code, have it shipped for free since it'll probably be over $75, and have it in a few days.

...There's a long part number code beginning with F37F-12A650-XX, ending in two letters.

You have to match the part number code, as well as the four digit code on the top right of the PCM sticker, to get an exact match....
We have 3 Explorers, two '92's (one for parts) and a '93. All 3 PCM stickers are slightly different formats.
The PCM in the '92 (parts) is remanufactured 9-91, F2PF-12A650-XA and has a 3 digit code R2Z.
The '92 looks normal, F27F-12A650-XB, code U2U1.
The '93 must be late (5 1993), F47F-12A650-DAA (yes, ends in 3 letters), code R1M0.
All codes are top center on the sticker if these are the "four digit codes".
Gotta love Ford's consistency.

We have 3 Explorers, two '92's (one for parts) and a '93. All 3 PCM stickers are slightly different formats.
The PCM in the '92 (parts) is remanufactured 9-91, F2PF-12A650-XA and has a 3 digit code R2Z.
The '92 looks normal, F27F-12A650-XB, code U2U1.
The '93 must be late (5 1993), F47F-12A650-DAA (yes, ends in 3 letters), code R1M0.
All codes are top center on the sticker if these are the "four digit codes".
Gotta love Ford's consistency.

Thank you very much for the information. I alway appreciate it when members of the forum take time out to help me and others, who know less about their cars.

I have learned a lots about my Ford Explorer, 1993, 4x4, pushrod. And, am having fun working on it.

Reason for the question is, I will be making a trip to pick and pull, and dont want to pull and pay for parts that will not fit.

I am retired with a fixed income. So, have to be careful . lol

Mike in Virginia Beacch

Will97 explorer parts fit a 93 and my explorer will be driving down the road then loose exceleration does anyone have that problem

Will97 explorer parts fit a 93 and my explorer will be driving down the road then loose exceleration does anyone have that problem

Some parts will fit, but not many. The best parts compatibility will be 91-94. It depends on what parts you are talking about, what are they?

As for your acceleration issue, check your fuel pressure. Fuel pressure issues can indicate a failing fuel pump or clogged fuel filter.

Back