Second Row Bucket Seats Rattle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Second Row Bucket Seats Rattle

Dmanny

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer
Hello all, First post,so go easy on me :) I have 2013 ford explorer limited with second row captains chairs.. I get an odd rattle occasionaly from the second row passenger seat. When the seat is normal,and I ride over a mildy rough bump it rattles. When I fold the seat completely,no rattle,when I fold the seat flat,no rattle,,, when its all the way up, rattle... I looked at the seat and banged on it,it doesnt seem to rattle.. The drivers side second row seat,... No problems at all.... Its odd to me because I can go over a bump and sometimes it rattles and most of the time it doesnt rattle.. Dealer said they didnt hear any rattles, but I know I did,and I dont see dead people either..

Ideas ? thoughts ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello all, First post,so go easy on me :) I have 2013 ford explorer limited with second row captains chairs.. I get an odd rattle occasionaly from the second row passenger seat. When the seat is normal,and I ride over a mildy rough bump it rattles. When I fold the seat completely,no rattle,when I fold the seat flat,no rattle,,, when its all the way up, rattle... I looked at the seat and banged on it,it doesnt seem to rattle.. The drivers side second row seat,... No problems at all.... Its odd to me because I can go over a bump and sometimes it rattles and most of the time it doesnt rattle.. Dealer said they didnt hear any rattles, but I know I did,and I dont see dead people either..

Ideas ? thoughts ?
Welcome to the Forum Dmanny.:wavey:
Congratulation on your new Explorer. I don't have the 2nd row buckets. Have you checked to see if it could be the headrest. I'm assuming the like mine with the bench seat, the headrest has to be folded first when folding the seat. Try folding the headrest, or remove it, and then do your test drive and see if the rattle is still there. I have also found that sometimes it can be the seatbelt latch that vibrates against the frame or seat back. If none of these suggestions help, maybe try sliding the seat forward or back and then try your test drive again with it in a different verticle position.
Does it rattle if someone sits in it as well or have you tried that?
Good luck.

Peter

those are some good ideas. I had'nt thought about removing the head rest. The headrest doesnt fold in my case but I can remove it. Also trying the diffrent maybe try sliding the seat forward or back .

thanks !!!

My 2nd row bench seat rattles behind the driver side. When someone sits on the seat and you drive on bumpy roads does it still rattle?

Took vehicle back to deal,they said it could be the guides where the headrest goes into in the second row seat. they ordered the part... We shall see

Took vehicle back to deal,they said it could be the guides where the headrest goes into in the second row seat. they ordered the part... We shall see
It’s good to see your dealer taking care of you, Dmanny; thanks for posting the update. I’m sure they’ll get to the bottom of it. :)

Welcome to the Forum Dmanny.:wavey:
Congratulation on your new Explorer. I don't have the 2nd row buckets. Have you checked to see if it could be the headrest...
These are great suggestions, Peter; thanks for being an awesome part of the community. :D

My 2nd row bench seat rattles behind the driver side...
Have you tried going to the dealer to pinpoint the noise, zed512?

Cory

Back