2000 Mountaineer Build Thread. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Mountaineer Build Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the use of spray on bedliner can be easily over utilized.

At some point, might as well just spray the entire truck.

yea i agree. ive considered the whole truck... but not yet haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well here is an update.
1. i have been working on her all week. i got the door panel off. i have figured out that it pretty much HAS to be the regulator. I also established that the window track is broken. havent figured out a fix there yet. but i will before the window regulator gets fixed.
2. now that the panel is off i am going to order a new drivers lock switch to fix the fact that my doors dont unlock when using drivers panel.
3. i started installing LEDs. I have my leds in the license plate, and reverse lights. I started doing the inside lights. i have the middle lights red. but need to order the right lights for the rear cargo area. and figure out some sorta of a redneck way to do the map lights since well i broke the actual system. this may consist of a switch putting some LED panel up there and tapping into the wiring harness. also the taillights, and turn signal leds are coming in mail. i wil work on pics once i get the other lights in.
4. i installed the LED turn signal bulb flasher. got it from superbrightleds.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247220 used this thread. cost me 12.99 was a great part

Update- all my parts are ordered.
so this weekend i will be replacing UCA, camber kit, wheel spacers, drivers door lock, window regulator, LED lights inside (if they come in). finish painting badges green (v8, rear emblem). tint tailights. headlights. plasti dip rims (if im really really lucky and time flys by)

NICE! Looking forward to those pictures

thanks man. it a long work in progress. is there anything in particular you want pics for? so i make sure to take some?

Just get some before and after shots of your leds and the uca install!

I wanna see your reverse lights and your turn signal bulbs too if you can

Just get some before and after shots of your leds and the uca install!

I wanna see your reverse lights and your turn signal bulbs too if you can

okay will do. i will definetly do some before/after of the UCA.
the LED's may not be this weekend. for the inside red ones.
but the reverse lights are in and the licenses plate ones and they are awesome!

i havent got the turn signals installed yet (ordered different ones)

NICE! Looking forward to those pictures

well i have a problem. i wont be doing the upper control arms. i ended up running into some problems this weekend. 1. dont have big enough tools. 2. i have alot more problems with my truck to worry about. 3. im so fustrated with this truck.

Disaster Saturday

So i started the day off with thinking. id replace my regulator, upper ball joints, and do a few other fun things to the truck.
i ended up working on the truck for 7 hours... and have the old window regulator in there. we established its not the switch thats malfunctioning, the motor new and old both work. the regulator is fine. so what it has to be is a wire somewhere thats broke or something. there is also a weird clicking noise when you push the switch from under the dash. I also just about lost a finger when removing the power window motor.

I went to do the upper control arms and came up with the fact that i dont have a big enough socket. im too fustrated. the front one looks so tight that i dont even think i could get a socket on it.

so i am back where i started pretty much. for the power window i am considering running maybe an external rocker switch mounted with my other switches to operate my window... anyone have thoughts on that?

i also decided to say screw it i dont care about an alignmnet that much to spend all this money to get it "right"

and i want to sell this truck now...

any help???

So i started the day off with thinking. id replace my regulator, upper ball joints, and do a few other fun things to the truck.
i ended up working on the truck for 7 hours... and have the old window regulator in there. we established its not the switch thats malfunctioning, the motor new and old both work. the regulator is fine. so what it has to be is a wire somewhere thats broke or something. there is also a weird clicking noise when you push the switch from under the dash. I also just about lost a finger when removing the power window motor.

I went to do the upper control arms and came up with the fact that i dont have a big enough socket. im too fustrated. the front one looks so tight that i dont even think i could get a socket on it.

so i am back where i started pretty much. for the power window i am considering running maybe an external rocker switch mounted with my other switches to operate my window... anyone have thoughts on that?

i also decided to say screw it i dont care about an alignmnet that much to spend all this money to get it "right"

and i want to sell this truck now...

any help???

1.)Well first off I know that there IS supposed to be a click from under the dash when you push the window button. When I replaced the bushings in my motor I heard this clicking too. you said "Yea it makes noise. and goes up and down about 1 inch maybe" So again i believe its those bushings. Both of my front window bushings went out within two weeks of each-other; both were original bushings im sure.

2.) Glad you didn't lose your finger

3.)Its alright. slow down and take a breath. We've all had days like these where you plan to get so much done and end up getting nothing done because problems arose. Go down to the store and buy yourself the proper socket. It'll be a few bucks but imagine the relief when you get those UCAs off!
Go look up some threads on how to remove the UCAs. I'm sure it will have socket sizes and any tips/ricks you might find helpful.

4.) As far as the separate rocker switch, I dont think its necessary. Use the switch thats made for it; thats why its there!
If the problem really isnt the bushings, and you hear the clicking front the dash then you know the switch isnt the problem. I dont see why you would replace it then!

5.) Get the alignment when everything is done. I know its some money but in the long run its worth it. I got one when i replaced my tires and did a tt, even though I didnt wanna pay for one haha

Keep your head up man, its not the truck's fault! Don't hate it

Keep us updated on how it all went :usa:

1.)Well first off I know that there IS supposed to be a click from under the dash when you push the window button. When I replaced the bushings in my motor I heard this clicking too. you said "Yea it makes noise. and goes up and down about 1 inch maybe" So again i believe its those bushings. Both of my front window bushings went out within two weeks of each-other; both were original bushings im sure.

2.) Glad you didn't lose your finger

3.)Its alright. slow down and take a breath. We've all had days like these where you plan to get so much done and end up getting nothing done because problems arose. Go down to the store and buy yourself the proper socket. It'll be a few bucks but imagine the relief when you get those UCAs off!
Go look up some threads on how to remove the UCAs. I'm sure it will have socket sizes and any tips/ricks you might find helpful.

4.) As far as the separate rocker switch, I dont think its necessary. Use the switch thats made for it; thats why its there!
If the problem really isnt the bushings, and you hear the clicking front the dash then you know the switch isnt the problem. I dont see why you would replace it then!

5.) Get the alignment when everything is done. I know its some money but in the long run its worth it. I got one when i replaced my tires and did a tt, even though I didnt wanna pay for one haha

Keep your head up man, its not the truck's fault! Don't hate it

Keep us updated on how it all went :usa:

1. well the thing is i tried the old drivers window (after almost loosing finger....) on the passanger door and it worked perfectly fine. leading me to believe it a wiring issue.

3. yea i may just do that. just need to find time to do this now.

4. the reason im thinking of replacing switch and hardwiring is because the window only goes up (motor when not attached) the down part of the switch doesnt function at all (but does click under dash). so basically if i hit the down button on the door the window acts like its going to go down "releasing tension" but then doesnt go anywhere. if u push up. you have to push it multiple times then it slowly goes up.

5. yea i may eventually if i do UCA

since you have the motor out it sounds like, check on those bushings it takes 3 minutes. I still think its the bushings dude!

since you have the motor out it sounds like, check on those bushings it takes 3 minutes. I still think its the bushings dude!

i did check on the bushings previouslly... and nope all good. no plastic pieces or anything. plus i hooked it up to the other side and it worked fine!
and i hooked the new power motor/ regulator up and it did the same thng
leading me to believe its a wiring thing

well if it goes up fine and when you hit the down button it wants to move, then its getting signal for both up and down when you press the button, meaning the signal is getting to the window motor so it couldnt be wiring.

next time when trying to roll it down, help push the window down and see if it goes down then.

well if it goes up fine and when you hit the down button it wants to move, then its getting signal for both up and down when you press the button, meaning the signal is getting to the window motor so it couldnt be wiring.

next time when trying to roll it down, help push the window down and see if it goes down then.

well idk. but i will try that

New car!

well i decided to buy a dodge charger... im very happy with it. got it for 7250... worth 13,000 109k miles. things in good shape too! fun car to drive. v8 hemi! and its really nice. ex police car out of evart michigan.

34gkq3r.jpg

2diq25z.jpg

so now this means i can actually leave my truck in the garage with it apart and be able to work on the darn thing without putting it back together every single night if it doesnt get fixed! which is sweet.
so the charger is DD. got my insruance through geico today
and then the mounty will be used for winter/ offroading and when i want to mix it up :)

what u guys think!?

saw the second pic on FB. Looks awesome! so it's got the police package? hopefully it wasn't beat on too hard.... the crown vics weren't worth the headaches after the cops ragged on them...

Those hemis seem to be pretty reliable, i bet they can take a beating. My uncle has 230k+ on his hemi ram.

Hell I drive my car like its a cop car, not a week goes by where my foot hasn't been planted down half dozen to a dozen times. It handles those 6k rpm shifts like a boss.

Any plans for the charger? Leaving the paint like that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those hemis seem to be pretty reliable, i bet they can take a beating. My uncle has 230k+ on his hemi ram.

Hell I drive my car like its a cop car, not a week goes by where my foot hasn't been planted down half dozen to a dozen times. It handles those 6k rpm shifts like a boss.

Any plans for the charger? Leaving the paint like that?

kazer yes police pursuit pacakage :)

i havent decided yet. maybe a push bar to the front. add my cb radio, and scanner in there. red leds (already have) into map lights.

i still plan to work on the truck. just can do it slower and stuff now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back