New MFT Update - Old Problems persist | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New MFT Update - Old Problems persist

dco43054

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
cmh
Year, Model & Trim Level
20 XLT
So - what did upgrade 3.02 do other than add the temp back to the main display?

I updated yesterday. No issues, took a little more than 30 minutes. I then re-paired my iPhone 4S. I was listening to XM when I parked the car and shut it off.

Last night, I had started a call on my iPhone in the house, then I entered the Explorer and started it. When I finished the call, instead of being on XM, MFT had switched to AM/FM.

WTF Ford? Is this your Better Idea?

So - what did upgrade 3.02 do other than add the temp back to the main display?

I updated yesterday. No issues, took a little more than 30 minutes. I then re-paired my iPhone 4S. I was listening to XM when I parked the car and shut it off.

Last night, I had started a call on my iPhone in the house, then I entered the Explorer and started it. When I finished the call, instead of being on XM, MFT had switched to AM/FM.

WTF Ford? Is this your Better Idea?

doc43054,

I have noticed the same thing with the iPhone, after disconnecting it goes AM/FM, BUT this is someting that has been there since before the performance upgrade, SO, if you were listening to Sirius and plug the iPhone, upond disconnecting is goes to AM/FM.

Bobby.:scratch:

doc43054,

I have noticed the same thing with the iPhone, after disconnecting it goes AM/FM, BUT this is someting that has been there since before the performance upgrade, SO, if you were listening to Sirius and plug the iPhone, upond disconnecting is goes to AM/FM.

Bobby.:scratch:
If you are in the car, and start a call, it keeps whatever source you had.

If you start a call outside of the car and continue inside upon startup, it goes to AM/FM.

You are right that this has been acting like this since v3. I started a thread here, and put a bug out on the fellow's bugtracker. I would have thought that the IVT team would have fixed this for the current release.

Yeah, I've noticed bugs that aren't fixed. The wallpaper bug (add three wallpapers and then delete the middle one) still persists. So does the Orange buttons bug (buttons turn orange randomly).

Back