2000 Mountaineer Build Thread. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Mountaineer Build Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think paint the doors black, or get black doors to make the whole car match, an exhaust system and maybe some nice wheels would make it a sharp looker.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dude I'd make that charger look as much like a cop car as possible. My friend ('03 Crown Vic, blacked tint, standard beige color, oddly large police style antenna on the trunk) says that his favorite thing is seeing people speeding behind him in other lanes and then watching them slow down and riding next to him cause they think he's a cop car. It'd imagine it's fun looking undercover.

Dude I'd make that charger look as much like a cop car as possible. My friend ('03 Crown Vic, blacked tint, standard beige color, oddly large police style antenna on the trunk) says that his favorite thing is seeing people speeding behind him in other lanes and then watching them slow down and riding next to him cause they think he's a cop car. It'd imagine it's fun looking undercover.

YES! haha thats my look im going for. id like to add a cheap push bar to the front :) tint windows black. plasti dip doors (dont feel like paying for a paint job just yet... probably will in the spring or summer... im putting my scanner and cb in there which will give me 2 antennas on the rear deck hehe! yea im going im going for the look of a police car as much as i can. people already slow down behind me on the highway especially at night time. driving 70 on the highway and dropping down to 60 someone would not pass me. and riding behind people in the city someone slowed down to 30 in a 45! haha so funny

rmqs68.jpg

so sexy!

Just get some before and after shots of your leds and the uca install!

I wanna see your reverse lights and your turn signal bulbs too if you can

hey so FINALLY got the LEDs in the front turn signals. brake lights. reverse lights (my favorite) and rear turn signals.

what you guys think?
dc807n.jpg
Rear turn signals
1q4uok.jpg
front turn signal (looks brighter in pic)
hvxvnt.jpg
reverse lights (my favorite by far!) with tail lights

overall i like them. they all seem a lot more brighter then halogen stock besides the front them seem less bright. but at night time will show

nice man! I wanna see some shots at night, maybe a video??

My main concern is the brake lights but they work correctly and theyre dual element? I.E. your taillights and brake lights work?

nice man! I wanna see some shots at night, maybe a video??

My main concern is the brake lights but they work correctly and theyre dual element? I.E. your taillights and brake lights work?

yea i will try and get a shot of atleast running lights/ turn signals. i will see what i can do for reverse lights. but yea they all seem to work pretty good. i will take pics tonight

Man you love your stickers! The new lights look good by the way, keep it up!

haha that is an understatement right there! but yes i do.

also i forgot to take pics tonight. it got too late. i will do it soon though.

Those things affect your vision out back any? Can't imagine have that many on the rear window. :eek::thumbsup:

you should see the front/ side windows too. the zombie response team on the front by far is my favorite! and honestly everyone asks me that and i see just fine. i use my side mirrors the most. and i think i have 40 stickers total :)

you should see the front/ side windows too. the zombie response team on the front by far is my favorite! and honestly everyone asks me that and i see just fine. i use my side mirrors the most. and i think i have 40 stickers total :)

I'm sure you get used to it after a bit. Nice man, I've got a few stickers (mirror images of each other) on my rear windows. I think I've got a total of 16 stickers aside from my base tags on my Ex.

Nice man! Yea once I started driving that was what I had always wanted to do. But I love the look of the truck. Its pretty funny because I just bought that charger and everyone's first question was what about your truck? So its funny cause they give me a hard time lol but all love it

Nice man! Yea once I started driving that was what I had always wanted to do. But I love the look of the truck. Its pretty funny because I just bought that charger and everyone's first question was what about your truck? So its funny cause they give me a hard time lol but all love it

Now you've got another ride while you work on the ex!

Now you've got another ride while you work on the ex!

that was half the plan! now if i could just find some time where im not committed to work or school.... hmmm but thankfully i just got a promotion and that should free some time up.
my UCA are still sitting in a box. and i still need an alignment...

Night pics from hunting!

2eqck92.jpg
Running lights/ hazards 10 yardish
34r93ld.jpg
same thing 40 yardish away
2i0t0zp.jpg
all my front lights
wjug6h.jpg
doe my friend got

Mag Lite Flashlight mount

havent posted in a while. been super busy with school and work. also with the charger now im not as high flowing on cash.. BUT i got a nice raise and promotion which will help! so here is a little mod i did. first did this in the charger and was so happy that i knew i had to do it in the mountaineer.

24vs4u1.jpg

realize thats a crappy pic. but its on the drivers door A pillar

Hey guys! so hopefully i am going to bring this thread back to life! I am hopefully selling the car today so that will open up a lot of money and time!

i hope to start knocking stuff off this list i have which doesnt seem to be shrinking any time soon but i am trying! hope to start with getting some 32" tires and black rims :)

Replacing my upper ball joints!

IF anyone wants a how to do this let me know and i will post one in here.

with the assitance of a friend from work we replaced my upper ball joints on both sides. i knew they were due because the alignment shop told me but little did i know they were this bad. they were so far gone that im surprised they didnt blow up.
2r3v6hi.jpg
This is the drivers side as you can see its PRETTY GONE!
2upyfya.jpg
Passanger side with literally no pressure on it.

So this project took be about 5 hours. the drivers side took 4 hours, we had a lot of problems because there is so much stuff on this side and its hard to get to bolts. we ended up having to cut the bolts on both sides, and we had to cut the left side end because it would not come out. This ended up causes a smidge of a fire!!!! oops :)
xn6789.jpg
as you can see we had to cut it up quite a bit.

and the passanger side took a total of 45 minutes. so much easier cut both bolts pulled out put in boom done!
2gx0h9w.jpg
this pic is of some of the smoke after the doors being open for a while.

So next project is either lights/ HIDs.... or tires/ rims. just got to get the car sold which hopefully i will this week!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the charger was short lived, lol. but it'll be nice to see the ex get some decent looking rims and larger tires :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back