• Register Today It's free!

Replacement struts

Astrok

Reaction score
City, State
Mahopac,NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Merc
40,000 miles ago replaced my strurts and springs with monroe quick struts. The family is complaining about ride being too sponge. If I replace again would like to get some feed back on other brands would not do monroe again. Our family likes sporty frimer ride type. We all have to replace these at some point may be a sticky with the brands and ride type would be a big help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

40,000 miles ago replaced my strurts and springs with monroe quick struts. The family is complaining about ride being too sponge. If I replace again would like to get some feed back on other brands would not do monroe again. Our family likes sporty frimer ride type. We all have to replace these at some point may be a sticky with the brands and ride type would be a big help

Many in here like the "Strut tek" brand from "Prime Choice auto parts". They have a web site by the same name. They cost around $78 each for the Quick Strut, or half of what Monroe's cost. Strut Teks are made in China.

KYB will give you a sporty frimer ride.

I'm running the StrutTEK's on all four corners and have nothing but good things to say about them! The ride is awesome and the price is right.

The rears were installed on 11/29/2010 & the fronts were installed on 2/20/2012. The ride is nice and firm.

Click here to find out more about the StrutTEK Struts.

Struttek1Custom.jpg

Struttek2Custom.jpg

I love them. The ride is great. I can't compare them to factory since both rear springs were broken and both fronts were leaking when I bought the Ex.

One thing I can tell you is you definitely won't be going down the street like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!!

picture.php

One thing I can tell you is you definitely won't be going down the street like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!!

[/IMG]

Hey BR,

is the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in the pic, really Pats NT Vince Wilfork in disguise? :D I just had to! ;)

Hey BR,

is the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in the pic, really Pats NT Vince Wilfork in disguise? :D I just had to! ;)

Good one!! The big man can move a lot faster than the marshmallow man!!!!

Good one!! The big man can move a lot faster than the marshmallow man!!!!

LOL You ain't $hittin! You think he's fast on the field, but you should see him move in the buffet line! He's like greased lightnining! :D

Back