MFT Update | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update

Hi Rebecca,
I have a motorola Atrix. It worked great with the MFT before. Since the upgrade the messaging doesn't work anymore. Everything else works. Phonebook, pics etc...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

She might still be exhausted from that road trip you took her on! ;)

Hehehe! Maybe so. Speaking of the trip, I have a few of the missing pics to post, so keep an eye out the next day or two :)

So 4 days after the 3.2.2 update my 13 Ex has now started to keep the radio on after ignition shutdown and doors opened.

Also the Steering Wheel Heat icon on the MFT HVAC GUI shows "ON" but the wheel isn't heated.

Anyone else having this?

Question for you guys and gals:

Have any of you noticed that after you press the voice command button and then give you command, Samantha is taking a REALLY long time to reply/acknowledge? It's weird. It's long enough that you think that it didn't work, but if you are a patient soul (I am so far, but even I have my limits... any word on the 4th quarter update yet? ;)), she does finally come around.

Thanks

No word yet! Have you tried a reset of any kind, Vince?

Hi Rebecca,
I have a motorola Atrix. It worked great with the MFT before. Since the upgrade the messaging doesn't work anymore. Everything else works. Phonebook, pics etc...

Thanks! I'm looking into it.

So 4 days after the 3.2.2 update my 13 Ex has now started to keep the radio on after ignition shutdown and doors opened.

Also the Steering Wheel Heat icon on the MFT HVAC GUI shows "ON" but the wheel isn't heated.

Anyone else having this?

Did MFT shut down after another ignition cycle, and are you able to turn on the heated steering wheel by pressing the "button" for it again?

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca

Yes, on the next ignition cycle "OFF" the radio did turn off.

Yes, you can shut the Heated Wheel Icon off manually but on the next ignition cycle "ON" it came back on.

Im going to try a Master Reset today and then maybe a battery disconnect.

**Update** Master Reset cleared it for now, all is good

Rebecca, we haven't been driving the Ghost much lately, so I haven't gotten around to doing a reset. I kept the reboot file on a USB handy, so I'll try that when I get a chance.

I have noticed that it reboots on its own much more frequently now, which I find especially odd since the car is spending so little time on the road :dunno:

Hi Rebecca

Yes, on the next ignition cycle "OFF" the radio did turn off.

Yes, you can shut the Heated Wheel Icon off manually but on the next ignition cycle "ON" it came back on.

Im going to try a Master Reset today and then maybe a battery disconnect.

**Update** Master Reset cleared it for now, all is good

:thumbsup: Awesome! Let me know if it happens again please.

Rebecca, we haven't been driving the Ghost much lately, so I haven't gotten around to doing a reset. I kept the reboot file on a USB handy, so I'll try that when I get a chance.

I have noticed that it reboots on its own much more frequently now, which I find especially odd since the car is spending so little time on the road :dunno:

Keep me posted! :)

Rebecca

Something else funny. I was listening to my usb stick and it jumped to the other one for about half a minute then jumped to the radio then back to the usb. Really wierd.....

Yup, mine has rebooted three times in the last week. Never did before....

Syncmyride.com and IE 8

Hey everyone,

I've tried various times on the 'updates' secton of my SMR site but my browser continues to lock up. I can see history and other areas of the site but the ford.cab install box usually spells the end. Is there a setting to change, cookie to accept or some other way to allow the site to work better with my browser? I generally have security turned up high but this doesn't work when I need to get an update. Any advice would be most helpful...thanks!

HELP! Tried to do the 3.2.2 update this weekend on our 12 EX. When I plugged in the thumbdrive into the running vehicle, after just a few minutes, it locked up on "loading item 6 of 19" (I think is was). Now I know it said it would freeze and or go black occasionally, but this continued for an hour and 15 minutes! I finally gave up and turned off the vehicle and pulled out the drive. After the rest stop, started the car back up and plugged in the drive again. It started over the installation, got past loading all the items, it then did a re-start. Came back up and started installing the items. It was on "installing 6 of 9" I believe, I saw the screen kind of flicker and say "restarting" and that was it. It never restarted and has been black ever since. The vehicle was running and the drive left in for an hour and a half after that happened. I had to shut off the vehicle at that point. Next day went out and tried installing the drive and nothing happened. I tried pulling the #29 fuse (and what a joke getting to the fuse panel with the black underdash plastic trim that you have to unbolt to be able to get the panel, what if I'm stranded on the road and don't have a socket set to unbolt the thing?!?!). Pulled the fuse twice and reinstalled it with the motor off, then started the car and still nothing on the MYT screen. Do you have to have the motor on when you pull the fuse? My wife is missing her XM, I need to get this running. Any suggestions? Jeff

I had similar experiences but mine froze 3X at a different spot then yours.

Eventually I solved it by trying a new USB drive and using a PC instead of a MacBook.

I grabbed my Performance Upgrade USB and plugged that in too, it grabbed 3 files and then said my Upgrade was already installed. Then I tried the 3.2.2 USB drive and it worked.

If that doesn't work your going to the dealership tomorrow.

I had similar experiences but mine froze 3X at a different spot then yours.

Eventually I solved it by trying a new USB drive and using a PC instead of a MacBook.

I grabbed my Performance Upgrade USB and plugged that in too, it grabbed 3 files and then said my Upgrade was already installed. Then I tried the 3.2.2 USB drive and it worked.

If that doesn't work your going to the dealership tomorrow.

I was wondering if I should delete the files off of my USB drive and try re-installing it back on it and then back to the car, but if the screen is black, will putting in a fresh USB turn it back on?

Hey everyone,

I've tried various times on the 'updates' secton of my SMR site but my browser continues to lock up. I can see history and other areas of the site but the ford.cab install box usually spells the end. Is there a setting to change, cookie to accept or some other way to allow the site to work better with my browser? I generally have security turned up high but this doesn't work when I need to get an update. Any advice would be most helpful...thanks!

Have you added SyncMyRide.com to your Trusted Sites list, and which browser are you using?

I was wondering if I should delete the files off of my USB drive and try re-installing it back on it and then back to the car, but if the screen is black, will putting in a fresh USB turn it back on?

Hi, Jeff!

Unfortunately, if your screen is black and a fuse pull doesn't bring it back, you will have to visit your dealer. They will need to run tests on your APIM to determine the cause and fix it. BTW, your vehicle must be off when you pull any fuse. Keep us posted on the outcome!

Rebecca

Hi, Jeff!

Unfortunately, if your screen is black and a fuse pull doesn't bring it back, you will have to visit your dealer. They will need to run tests on your APIM to determine the cause and fix it. BTW, your vehicle must be off when you pull any fuse. Keep us posted on the outcome!

Rebecca[/QUOTE]

Awesome, to put an exclamation point on the weekend, I got a rock chip right on the edge of the windshield and a crack spread from it 4" !

No beep/bong/dong anouncing ok to speak

Vincel (& pass on to Rebecca pls)
This problem just happened 2 days ago.
The last update, new sd card, was done at & by the dealer in July.
My sync page shows:
Sync VersionGen2 - V3.0.2
Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AG
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
BT4T-14F603-AG

Car is 2011 limited.
The ding or dong sound that indicates it's ok to speak stopped sounding? The "ear" does show up in the bottom left of the display as does "listening" & it will dial the correct #.

1)What happened & how to fix it? (I dont think there is a mute? is there?)I did increase the response sound & it says "LOUDER" REALLY LOUD!!!!!
2)If I do a master reset is there a way to backup my favorites that I have mapped?
3)I did see your post for a newer version 3.2.2 but my page doesn't show a download for it?
4)Is this download (#3) for some other vehicle? I do like having the temp & time! But what I'd like to see is the date & time together!
5)There are lots of poi's available in the cloud, can we some how download these to sync?

Thanks Kelly/ordered 01152011
PS I plan on downloading & running the status checker in the AM Tues.

So I just checked out my SMR account and said that an update was available. Going to install it and let you all know how it goes...

EDIT:

Downloaded and installing... Started at 10:15am... Finished some time before 10:41 (cuz it was finished when I went back to check on it).

And look what it has for all of you big whiny babies ;)

DSC_0190.jpg

edited.jpg

I can't wait to turn it off! :D

Haven't run any testing of course, but a quick review doesn't seem to show any differences. I'll update when I get more time to play.

Version shows: Gen2 - V3.2.2

Vincel (& pass on to Rebecca pls)
This problem just happened 2 days ago.
The last update, new sd card, was done at & by the dealer in July.
My sync page shows:
Sync VersionGen2 - V3.0.2
Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AG
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
BT4T-14F603-AG

Car is 2011 limited.
The ding or dong sound that indicates it's ok to speak stopped sounding? The "ear" does show up in the bottom left of the display as does "listening" & it will dial the correct #.

1)What happened & how to fix it? (I dont think there is a mute? is there?)I did increase the response sound & it says "LOUDER" REALLY LOUD!!!!!
2)If I do a master reset is there a way to backup my favorites that I have mapped?
3)I did see your post for a newer version 3.2.2 but my page doesn't show a download for it?
4)Is this download (#3) for some other vehicle? I do like having the temp & time! But what I'd like to see is the date & time together!
5)There are lots of poi's available in the cloud, can we some how download these to sync?

Thanks Kelly/ordered 01152011
PS I plan on downloading & running the status checker in the AM Tues.

Hi, Kelly!

Please send me your VIN in a private message and I'll see why you're not able to see 3.2.2. Now to answer your questions:

1. Check to make sure you're set to NOVICE in the Voice Control Settings, and your Confirmation Prompts are set to ON:

MENU > SETTINGS > VOICE CONTROL > INTERACTION MODE > NOVICE

MENU > SETTINGS > VOICE CONTROL > CONFIRMATION PROMPTS > ON

2. There's currently no way to back up your settings before performing a Master Reset.

3. Please send me your VIN and I'll check to see why you can't.

4. This update is for all MFT vehicles except Focus and Escape.

5. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the cloud, but you can use the POIs in SYNC Services as well as the in-vehicle Navigation (if you have it).

Rebecca

Hi, Jeff!

Rebecca[/QUOTE]

Rebecca, took the rig in last night, today they called and said the APIM (Sync computer) is toast. They are blaming me for removing my thumbdrive when it was obviously locked up after more than an hour. However, it is under warranty and no charge, but really? My fault? They also are not sure when the part will come in because it isn't ordered through the normal Ford parts network???

Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Rebecca

Just an update on the recently identified heated steering wheel icon issue after v3.2.2 update.

The bug is still there.

Ignition cycle ON the Heated Steering Wheel icon shows ON (no user activation) but wheel is not heated.

Upon user touch of the icon the wheel heats.

Only way to clear it is Master Reset but then it returns after a few ignition cycles.

Please pass on.

Back