Another 2013 Sport Ordered | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another 2013 Sport Ordered

It still seems unbelievable that you can buy loaded Limited for around the same price as a 400A Sport even after bargaining. The purchase price of the Limited will absolutely plumet once the Sport is there for people to test drive. For anyone that knows what the Otto Cycle is, this is a no brainer.

But you can't get some of the options on the sport that make it "luxury". There is no active park assist, no HID lights, no 2nd row center console, stiffer suspension, etc. There will still be a huge market for the limited model regardless of the price comparison. Most people buying in this price range are looking for luxury, not performance. Ford is offering two very different vehicles for the two very different groups.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was not able to get my wife to agree to putting in an order after many a long heated discussions. Looks like we will wait until it shows up - she could not understand why I was so excited about what will be her get-around.

Good news is that in the meantime, we need a 2nd vehicle, so we agreed to look for a new/used 2011/2012 F150 4X4 CrewCab (my get-around). I test drove an FX4 Ecoboost V6 (365hp, 420ft-lb) 2012 today and it was impressive overall. I was not blown away by front end get up at 5-20 mph, but at 30 and up, it feels very very nice. No turbo lag to speak of, and no engine strain when you really get on it. I did not completely drop the hammer. Considering the F150 is ~800lb heavier, and the Sport will have additional gearing loses due to the AWD, I feel the straight line performance will be comparable. Handling with the stiffer suspension and unibody of the Sport, as we know, will not be comparable.

Hey Cory,

any updates???????????

In my F150 Ecoboost searching, I have been asking all the dealers about the Ex Sport. They all say production has begun but "on a very limited basis" and one told me "I can have one for you in 3-4 months."

I realize this is more qualitative than Cory's input, but it might shed some light on how dealerships are anticipating the roll-out.

A local dealership here in the Houston Area told a freind of mine the exact same thing.

Oh boy.

A local dealership here in the Houston Area told a freind of mine the exact same thing.

Oh boy.

Hey there fellow Houstonian! As for the availability, I wonder if they underestimated the continuing demand for the Ecoboost F-150 and are having a rough time delivering enough engine blocks and the like? Let's get those engine plants cranking boys!

Hey there fellow Houstonian! As for the availability, I wonder if they underestimated the continuing demand for the Ecoboost F-150 and are having a rough time delivering enough engine blocks and the like? Let's get those engine plants cranking boys!

I have no doubt EcoBoost engine availability/allocation is a factor here. The Cleveland engine plant has already been running 3 shifts, 20 hours per day, 6 days per week in an effort to meet the demands of the F-150 and others. Now add demand for the Explorer on top of that... :eek: They also produce the 3.7L there as well.

...I realize this is more qualitative than Cory's input, but it might shed some light on how dealerships are anticipating the roll-out.
I heard you made a friend with Natasha on Facebook, JoeDewi. :D Enjoy truck shopping!

Cory

FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER!

The wife and I are extremely excited to announce the pending arrival of our new 2013 EX Sport!

Black
402A
Adaptive Cruise
Splash Guards
Moonroof
Power Liftgate
Roof Cross Bars
Tow Package
BLIS
2nd Row Buckets
Charcoal Black/Sienna Perf Leather

As you can see, I am extremely excited. In the end, I was prepared to push the X Plan button but needed it not. My dealer came below invoice by knocking out 60% of his holdback. On top of that, the $1,500 retail customer cash and $1,000 competitive lease conquest. Sadly, we determined that the $750 X Plan Partner Recognition and $750 private cash are not combinable with the lease conquest. However, if anyone has ideas on additional rebates at FMC's expense, I'm all ears. Especially considering my disappointment over the fuel charge, advertising assessment and D&D ($1,634.87 all in).

The deal was done on Friday before quarter-end, submitted yesterday. I've got the VOC but I'm anxiously anticipating that DORA Priced invoice with VIN (I'll be PM'ing you Cory as soon as I've got it!).

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me with my inquiries at this forum. Much appreciated.

Congrats!!!!!!!!! cant wait for pics!!

Cory, you out there?

Any updates?

And to add to this thread, "another Explorer Sport ordered"

Ordered mine last night, I can't wait to get it in.

...(I'll be PM'ing you Cory as soon as I've got it!).

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me with my inquiries at this forum. Much appreciated.
I’m not sure how I missed this post, gobronx. LOL I see my tracker says your order is in production as I type. :D

Cory, you out there?

Any updates?
Mikie1,

Yes, I am! Your Explorer is in transit. :) The ETA to the dealer is Halloween, but keep in mind this is subject to change.

And to add to this thread, "another Explorer Sport ordered"

Ordered mine last night, I can't wait to get it in.
Congratulations on your fresh order, Mdanielswv18! Shoot me a PM with order number + dealer info (because you won’t have your VIN yet) and I’ll keep tabs on it. :thumbsup:

Cory

Picked it up yesterday. At home It was all the talk amongst the parents of the trick or treaters.

Another Sport Ordered!

I ordered my new 2013 Sport Explorer on Saturday, so hopefully I will get lucky and have it here by Christmas.

I ordered it with:
Black
402A Package
Storage Area Cover
Bumper Protector
Bucket Seats
Sienna/Black
Adaptive Cruise Control
Hood Rails
Tow Package

Had the X-Plan and 2500 Incentives, so great deal!

New here but wanted to ring in as I just ordered a '13 Sport on 2yr lease.
Coming out of a '10 SHO ( 3yr lease ) which I hate to give up and almost bought.
Being from Motown and in the industry its hard to pass on the discounts.

Went with:
Silver Birch
Charcoal

Plan on some cosmetic only mods ( due to lease ) as I did with SHO.
With Livernois Motorsports in my back yard and the great feedback from customers over on SHO Forum I have SO wanted to pull the TUNE trigger on the '10.
Wish Ford would sanction as there have been ZERO problems reported "so far" on this seemingly bulletproof power plant.

New here but wanted to ring in as I just ordered a '13 Sport on 2yr lease.
Coming out of a '10 SHO ( 3yr lease ) which I hate to give up and almost bought.
Being from Motown and in the industry its hard to pass on the discounts.

Went with:
Silver Birch
Charcoal

Plan on some cosmetic only mods ( due to lease ) as I did with SHO.
With Livernois Motorsports in my back yard and the great feedback from customers over on SHO Forum I have SO wanted to pull the TUNE trigger on the '10.
Wish Ford would sanction as there have been ZERO problems reported "so far" on this seemingly bulletproof power plant.

Welcome!! I see where you say you ordered on a 2 year lease. By any chance did you discuss pricing & what your rate would be? I am thinking about leasing, so was just curious.

Thanks for the greeting Nola20.
I wont have final figures until we close the deal as I'm on the fence with which mileage limit to go with.
I'm also eligible for "A" plan which is about as good as it gets and is really a no haggle arrangement.
I can tell you in "ball park" terms , the residual I was quoted was north of 50% and the "rate" was in the sub 1% arena = monthly figure that helped ease me out of the SHO.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the greeting Nola20.
I wont have final figures until we close the deal as I'm on the fence with which mileage limit to go with.
I'm also eligible for "A" plan which is about as good as it gets and is really a no haggle arrangement.
I can tell you in "ball park" terms , the residual I was quoted was north of 50% and the "rate" was in the sub 1% arena = monthly figure that helped ease me out of the SHO.

Ok, thanks! I'm not real good with the leading lingo, but at least I can use those figures as a reference.

Back