Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport

Funny I hit submit, and they called at the exact same time to tell me the car is ready for pickup.... a fitting came loose on the turbo side (as I expected)... quick fix, no problems!

Happy to hear it was nothing to serious!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When the MY13 came out, some people had a wait. Those of us that pre-ordered the sport had a bit of a wait depending on when it was ordered. That was only because they didn't go into production until September and some ordered in June when the pre-order became available. My Sport was 8 days shy of 3 months from order to delivery. Of course it seemed like 6 month :)

I think typical times are around 6 weeks but they tell you 8-12 because it could get hung up and take that long. Depends on options, parts availability, delivery times, etc...

Awesome! Can't wait! Thanks for the help

That is exactly what that means. Mine was accurate too. Unfortunately there is no way to really track the delivery date. Cory can check it somewhat so make sure you check in with him...
Thanks a bunch for the recommendation, kaelin. :):thumbsup:

For those who haven’t yet: Please pass along your new ride’s information via PM (including the VIN and/or order number + dealer name/state). Either Gina or I will reply with the latest progress!

Cory

We got our Sport.. Finally

We recieved our sport 5 days earlier than the estimated delivery date from Cory. We got it on the 6th and delivery date to the dealer was supposed to be on the 11th. It is a nice ride. I drove it for the first time last night and was very impressed with pick up. Ours is black, no sunroof, no nav. Pretty much base model with added bucket seats. It was worth the wait, my wife loves it much better than her 06' equinox. Other than the paddle shifters having very sluggish response the car is pristine. The other person in our town that got a sport already has it back in the shop due to a massive oil leak, i hope ours will escape any shop visits for a while. Thanks Cory and everyone else for all the help and input.

Chris

Louisiana

Just picked ours up.... 2 days ahead of schedule. Have to driven it yet, but it looks great. The wife is currently running some errands in it.

Chris

We waited about 4 weeks to receive our Sport from placing the order. They estimated it would arrive the week after thanksgiving. So happy to have gotten it last week!

We waited about 4 weeks to receive our Sport from placing the order. They estimated it would arrive the week after thanksgiving. So happy to have gotten it last week!

That was fast. I ordered July 5, and it is scheduled to be built today.

how do we track it after the build date? How can we estimate delivery date?

...Thanks Cory and everyone else for all the help and input...
Just picked ours up.... 2 days ahead of schedule. Have to driven it yet, but it looks great. The wife is currently running some errands in it...
It’s awesome you’re enjoying the new rides, guys! Pics are expected. :):thumbsup:

That was fast. I ordered July 5, and it is scheduled to be built today.
Mine is also scheduled for build today. I ordered on 9/20
WiEx & JarHead1833,

My tracker says yours are already built. :D

how do we track it after the build date? How can we estimate delivery date?
The ETA to the dealer doesn’t update until it starts shipping, drakitin.

Cory

Im glad to see these are coming in pretty quick. Hopefully we will get ours before Christmas.

Got my vin today. It is expected to roll off the line the first week of next month.

Thanks for keeping me up to date Cory!

Ordered my Sport on 10/25/12 and the dealer says they have no information on the order. I am having Back surgery on the 5th of December so I most likely won' be able to drive my new baby for a few weeks. Well a least my wife will get some use out of it. I ordered Black with sienna inserts, 402a, Moon roof and trailer tow. I sent a pm to Cory and am patiently waiting a reply I think I might have neglected to to add the state of purchase.
So if you see this Cory the info is Iowa order# n000 Dealer F41201.
(sorry for the double post I started a thread with this same post)

ordere 10/31
Mine has been built since 12/4
still sitting waiting for to be shipped
wow I thought they would want product moving fast
ordered a Wrangler Unlimited a week after this and it will be here this week and they have a cool website to track it btw

My eta was for today but it did not happen.

mine to, but i just heard mine changed from 12/10 to 12/16. guess thats part of the game. im hoping it comes before then...at least i know it has been built before the holidays.

ordere 10/31
Mine has been built since 12/4
still sitting waiting for to be shipped...

Hi gang!

I know it's frustrating having to wait, but I promise you that it'll be worth it! As I've mentioned before, ETAs can move since they are subject to change. Feel free to contact me via PM or give your dealers a call for the latest and greatest news on your vehicles.

Thanks!

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope so as I have never waited so long for a domestic car before

Back