Update 3.5.1 first problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Update 3.5.1 first problems

cnsheets

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explemoner
I know, many of you look at who the poster is and are not surprised I'm having problems.......still.....

So I have had my system updated, reset, updated, reset so many times already, not to mention have the APIM module replaced twice already as well, most recently 2 weeks ago.

6 Days ago I had the new update 3.5.1 completed along with the new A4 NAV card because I was still having problems.....

Well I thought thinks were going good until today........

Anyone else with 3.5.1 experience this?

And yes, I have done the full series of resets, master reset, fuse pull, etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that a continuous problem, or does it show up intermittently?

I get mine updated today I will try to replicate when I pick up from the dealer.

Is that a continuous problem, or does it show up intermittently?

Depends on how you look at it....I found that if I change to one of the other quads like Nav, phone or climate, then switch back to entertainment that it corrects itself. However it does this quite frequently.

Depends on how you look at it....I found that if I change to one of the other quads like Nav, phone or climate, then switch back to entertainment that it corrects itself.

I have an active sirius subscription, and I have had this happen multiple times, it always corrects itself when switching to another quadrant and then back, given how stable MFT has been otherwise on 3.5.1, at this point I'm willing to accept a few glitches (though shouldn't have to) such as this.

Sometimes when starting the car if I immediately switch to entertainment (and was on Sirius before exiting the car last) it will have the sirius display, but the HD Radio audio. Presets act as you show in the video.

given how stable MFT has been otherwise on 3.5.1, at this point I'm willing to accept a few glitches (though shouldn't have to) such as this.

Agree that we shouldn't have to.

Tried to replicate that bug....couldnt do it.

Sirius command is back BUT........

Last Friday I picked up my EX from the dealer and low and behold I saw some improvements. My biggest issue to-date at the time was that MFT was not recognizing the voice command for Sirius. After many attempts (prior the 3.5.1 update) uploading the BT4T-14D546-GA (Sirius file) and doing the 3.2.1 update, the problem was still there. My dealer call me ASAP they received the TSB for the new update and my EX went in for update last Thursday.
After doing the update, Sirius voice command is now recognized BUT the stations are not recognized, so when I say the word Audio... Sirius... station name or channel # there is no further action. It only recognizes the presets stored.
Since this week is kind of dead (Thanksgiving holiday, short week (dealer will be closed Thursday, Friday & Saturday) they asked me to bring my EX next Monday 26th.
I talked to the guy in charge of programing MFT and he thinks there was a flaw downloading the update to the car (??) and asked me to bring the car again to see if they can fix the flaw.
I have not uploaded the BT4T-14D546-GA Sirius file as the dealer left the job order open until the flaw is corrected.
(Note: I do have an active Sirius subscription w/no Travel link).:salute:

(Note: Edited for grammar corrections)

After being on 3.5.1 for a view days I agree with the others this is a much more stable version. Only issues Im seeing still are;

- No iPhone text to speech through MFT, also hangs with "sending messages" in upper phone quadrant.
- Mapping shows the red X "No GPS" icon for 5-10 minutes still and GPS tracking is off.
- Traffic Services from Sirius Travel Link takes 5 minutes before showing up.
- Fuel Prices on Travel Link just continue to show spinning icon for updating.

After doing the update, Sirius voice command is now recognized BUT the stations are not recognized, so when I say the word Audio... Sirius... station name or channel # there is no further action. It only recognizes the presets -GA

I think you can just say 'Sirius <channel>'
You don't need AUDIO in front...

Example 'Sirius Hits' takes me to channel 2
And 'Sirius 100' takes me to Howard stern

Just a thought, maybe it is getting confused with your command?

I think you can just say 'Sirius <channel>'
You don't need AUDIO in front...

Example 'Sirius Hits' takes me to channel 2
And 'Sirius 100' takes me to Howard stern

Just a thought, maybe it is getting confused with your command?

Thanks 13Sport for the suggestions, but I have tried (also the programmer) all combinations. Apparently MFT does not have the voice listing for the channel names and channel #s BUT the Sirius Channel line up is there when I hit browse channels. Weird, ah??

After being on 3.5.1 for a view days I agree with the others this is a much more stable version. Only issues Im seeing still are;

- No iPhone text to speech through MFT, also hangs with "sending messages" in upper phone quadrant.
- Mapping shows the red X "No GPS" icon for 5-10 minutes still and GPS tracking is off.
- Traffic Services from Sirius Travel Link takes 5 minutes before showing up.
- Fuel Prices on Travel Link just continue to show spinning icon for updating.

I can't duplicate any of these concerns (thankfully)

I just came back from my dealer after having the 3.5.1 update installed. I haven't noticed any problems yet...the MFT does seem a bit more responsive, and browsing the Sirius channels was faster. I also liked the new iPhone pairing routine...faster and easier than before.

I haven't tested the text messaging yet, but it sounds as if it's not working for most people.

If anyone WITHOUT an active Sirius Subscription could try this.........

1. Switch to the entertainment Quad
2. Tune to either AM or FM
3. Press the "i" (information) at the bottom of your screen next to the home button
4. If the "alert" screen does not come up, press "alert" from the left side.
5. Because you have no active Sirius subscription, you should have an alert listed for Sirius because you have no active subscription, highlight the alert and press "VIEW" to view the alert
6. Once the Sirius message box opens up, press the "cancel" button

This should automatically take you back to the entertainment quad, and if your system is acting like mine, it will result in what my video above shows.......

Let me know if you experience the same, or if its just mine.

Back