XLT Ordered | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XLT Ordered

greenespeed

Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga, TN
hey everyone, new to the forums and Ford in general as this is our first Ford vehicle. We just recently ordered a 2013 Explorer XLT from Charlie Rogers Ford in Dayton, TN. Can't wait till it arrives. We ordered it in tuxedo black metallic paint with charcoal leather interior, 202A package, 2nd row buckets, 20" wheels, power liftgate, navigation, and dvd headrests. Just got a vin last week and waiting for a build date and window sticker. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PM Cory or Gina @ fordcustsrvc and they can assist with the build date and such. Congrats!

How long after you get a vin till you get more details on the build date, window sticker, etc.

Generally, about 5 days til the window sticker shows up, which will contain the build date and such. Then, it's nail biting until it actually gets to you. But, you can see when it's built and waiting for transport if you have sync, as you'll be able to use your vin to set that up and it will tell you if it's installed in the vehicle yet.

Hope that helps.

...Just got a vin last week and waiting for a build date and window sticker. Thanks
You’ve got a PM from me waiting in your inbox, greenespeed. :D

PM Cory or Gina @ fordcustsrvc and they can assist with the build date and such. Congrats!
maple39,

I appreciate the shout-out! :thumbsup:

Cory

Thanks Cory. I'll be patiently waiting and checking for the window sticker to pop up.

Hey Cory,
Any updates to my order yet? Thanks

Once your sticker is available it will have the built date on it. It will not be built until the sticker shows up. So keep looking for your sticker, usually 2 weeks after you get a VIN. Then 5 or so days after the sticker shows up it will be built. Then give it 1 to 2 weeks for delivery. Mine was built the 11/14 and I'm waiting on delivery.

Remember there are no updates such as 1500 more to go till mine or its getting its engine is installed or anything like that.

Hoping you get yours soon Jarhead! you have been a big help on here! :thumbsup:

Hey Cory,
Any updates to my order yet? Thanks
greenespeed,

Yours is still set to roll off the line early next month. Start checking the window sticker URL this Friday. :D

Here it is again in case you “forgot” ;):

Code:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN Here>

I try to do my part...
Good news, JarHead1833! :) Your order is shipping and has an ETA to the dealer of 11/28/12, but this is still subject to change.

Cory

greenespeed,

Yours is still set to roll off the line early next month. Start checking the window sticker URL this Friday. :D

Here it is again in case you “forgot” ;):

Code:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN Here>

Good news, JarHead1833! :) Your order is shipping and has an ETA to the dealer of 11/28/12, but this is still subject to change.

Cory

Thanks Cory!!

Thanks Cory! And awesome news for you JarHead1833, looks as if your wait is coming to an end.
On another note got a message from my dealer today and they stated an ETA of Dec. 17th. Not sure where they got this info but hope it's true.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Window sticker is now showing up. Now the real wait begins.

Hi greenespeed,

I just checked on your Explorer again; it's holding steady at December 17th. Feel free to touch base with me next week and I'll see if there's been any movement on the date.

Have a great day!
Crystal

Back