So is the Dec 2012 MFT Release V4? v3.6? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So is the Dec 2012 MFT Release V4? v3.6?

dco43054

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
cmh
Year, Model & Trim Level
20 XLT
http://news.consumerreports.org/car...ologists-it-truly-is-a-reliability-issue.html

Rebecca also mentions the new December release in other threads.

As noted in the Consumer Reports article, most people I've seen just want the damned thing to work 99% of the time. Will this new release get it there? I sure hope so. I'm tired of camera freezes, screen freezes, the phone doing whatever it pleases.

We'll see what they've accomplished this time. Wonder who their beta testers were :rolleyes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Rebecca also mentions the new December release in other threads. ...

It was my impression that Rebecca, in the A4 Navigation card thread, meant V3.5.1 was the release that was upcoming.

I think that the v3.5.1 update being available for download on SMR in December is what is being referred to. Those with NAV will be able to order the new A4 NAV sd-card and update the system from SMR.

Perhaps there is some confusion with the pending SYNC/MFT updates being announced at CES in early January?

Yes perhaps that CR guy is a douchebag. Not that he's wrong. I just think he should be ........

Ya they have every right to be critical because the system doesn't work as designed or promised. But they are no where near as hard on a system from a vehicle built outside North America.

Also if you watch their video reviews the reviewer is usually an older guy who isn't very tech savvy. It's frustrating to watch someone who doesn't under something, being critical of it.

I gave up on CR impartiality years ago.

Yes perhaps that CR guy is a douchebag.
Eh? I generally don't read their stuff, but in this case, he's 100% correct. MFT has been a bug infested kludge from the start. Ford hasn't done proper development or testing, and if they say they have, they are liars.

Ya they have every right to be critical because the system doesn't work as designed or promised. But they are no where near as hard on a system from a vehicle built outside North America.
The only other systems I have had direct experience with have been those in BMW's and Mercedes. They've worked flawlessly.

I just want a system that works. Other than that, I love my new Explorer. And my JD Powers survey said exactly that. The Explorer, except for MFT, is a great vehicle.

Eh? I generally don't read their stuff, but in this case, he's 100% correct. MFT has been a bug infested kludge from the start. Ford hasn't done proper development or testing, and if they say they have, they are liars.

The only other systems I have had direct experience with have been those in BMW's and Mercedes. They've worked flawlessly.

I just want a system that works. Other than that, I love my new Explorer. And my JD Powers survey said exactly that. The Explorer, except for MFT, is a great vehicle.

As I said he isn't wrong. He's just a ******. CR are a bunch of bias assholes. IMO

As I said he isn't wrong. He's just a ******. CR are a bunch of bias a******s. IMO

While I agree with your sentiments, this is a family board and appropriate language would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

My apologies.

http://news.consumerreports.org/car...ologists-it-truly-is-a-reliability-issue.html

Rebecca also mentions the new December release in other threads.

As noted in the Consumer Reports article, most people I've seen just want the damned thing to work 99% of the time. Will this new release get it there? I sure hope so. I'm tired of camera freezes, screen freezes, the phone doing whatever it pleases.

We'll see what they've accomplished this time. Wonder who their beta testers were :rolleyes

Hi, dco43054!

This article is referring to version 3.5.1.

I think that the v3.5.1 update being available for download on SMR in December is what is being referred to. Those with NAV will be able to order the new A4 NAV sd-card and update the system from SMR.

Just to clarify what Vince said, the update is now available on SYNCMyRide.com for non-NAV vehicles, and will be available in January for NAV vehicles. Customers will also be able to order a new A4 SD card in January.

Rebecca

E

And how long did it take them to get there? You can google to see how many complaints there were about iDrive...and all the horrible reviews, how hard it was to use, etc.

While I agree with your sentiments, this is a family board and appropriate language would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Not that I don't think appropriate language is appreciated, but I can't find anywhere that lists the board as a family board, and I can't find anything in the terms about using curse words in posts. I don't think any of the content on the board is "family" subject material either.

Not that I don't think appropriate language is appreciated, but I can't find anywhere that lists the board as a family board, and I can't find anything in the terms about using curse words in posts. I don't think any of the content on the board is "family" subject material either.

Just for future reference:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_board_rules

Item 1

Flaming, the act of berating, provoking, or giving someone a "verbal lashing" in a public forum will not be tolerated on this board. DON'T DO IT! Abusive and foul language is also not tolerated. This is intended to be a family site, so keep it clean.

So now that the term "v4.0" has been mentioned, when can we expect the real deal v4.0 to be released?

Hmmm...... Rebecca...... hmmmmmm.........

(and yes I know, I know. You can't comment on blah, blah, blah... :))

So now that the term "v4.0" has been mentioned, when can we expect the real deal v4.0 to be released?

Hmmm...... Rebecca...... hmmmmmm.........

(and yes I know, I know. You can't comment on blah, blah, blah... :))

LOL I'm all out of good quotes to use. I can't speculate on v4.0, but we're always working on enhancement! :D

Rebecca

And how long did it take them to get there? You can google to see how many complaints there were about iDrive...and all the horrible reviews, how hard it was to use, etc.
So, does that mean Ford is excused from rushing their system to market?

LOL I'm all out of good quotes to use. I can't speculate on v4.0, but we're always working on enhancement! :D

Rebecca

Wait for Ford SYNC/MFT announcements at CES January 8-11th 2013

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just to clarify what Vince said, the update is now available on SYNCMyRide.com for non-NAV vehicles, and will be available in January for NAV vehicles. Customers will also be able to order a new A4 SD card in January.

Rebecca

No update available on syncmyride.com for my non-Nav running 3.2.2. Am I missing something?

Back