My 2013 Ford Explorer Sport was ordered today | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2013 Ford Explorer Sport was ordered today

NY1PR2012

Reaction score
City, State
Queens, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
After serious consideration I made the decision today to go to my Ford Dealer and ordered my 2013 Ford Explorer Sport in White Platinum Tri-Coat with the Charcoal Black Sienna interior.

Equipment Group 402A
Adaptive Cruise Control
Trailer Tow Package
Dual Panel Moonroof (aka Panoramic Vista Roof)
Roof Cross Bars
Molded Splash Guards
Cargo Security Shade

As you may all know it will take from 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. My salesman Danny whom I have been doing business with him for the past 15 years told me that as soon as the dealer gets the vin# he will call me to give it to me and track the progress of the car. My dealer gave Ford " top priority" to get this car built ( whatever that meant) so it may be here in less time.

This was a difficult decision for me because as some of you know I am the proud owner of a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited Fully loaded in white platinum Tri-coat which I purchased last year in September. It only has 9000 miles and when I took it to the dealer today the General Manager came out to look at the Explorer and he could not tell the difference between a 2013 limited and mine because it is in show room condition. They will definitely take mine back on a trade and put me on the 2013 Explorer Sport.

The are two features that the Explorer Limited has that the new Sport does not have not even as an option. The New 2013 Ford Explorer Sport does not come with "Power Fold " third row seats. They have to be manually folded. And the other feature not available is the "Park Assist" (not that I will need it to park my explorer) In fact I have that feature in my current Ford Explorer Limited and I have never even tried it. The power fold third row seats is something that I use but ill guess I will have to give that up for now. I think it will be offered on the 2014 model year or later on.

I will posting pictures of a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport that I saw at the dealer today and also of my 2012 Ford Explorer Limited that I also took today.

Best regards to all and a Happy Holiday Season!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Based on everyone else including myself your looking at 6-8 weeks.AFIK nobody has gotten one in 4 weeks. I have never heard of top priority for an order so unless someone from Ford can verify this I am gonna call bs on the dealer. Also there is a holiday shut down that will slow your order down as well.
On the positive side congrats. I hope it get to you swiftly

Thank You Sciond. I know exactly what you are saying. However I do remember that when I was asked to review the order form to make sure that the order was correct and exactly how I wanted the Explorer Sport to be built I did see an area at the top of the page that said "Priority Level" and it had a number next to it which I don't remember what it was but when I asked my salesman what that meant that is when he told me that the dealer gave the order a top priority level.

I'm just going to seat and wait just like all my peers from the forum and hopefully we can all get them in a swift and timely manner. My dealer had two Explorer Sports in their inventory but neither one was the way that I wanted mine so that is why I had to place mine on order and still take advantage of all the incentives offered at this time. In the meantime I will continue to enjoy my beautiful 2012 Ford Explorer Limited.

After serious consideration I made the decision today to go to my Ford Dealer and ordered my 2013 Ford Explorer Sport in White Platinum Tri-Coat with the Charcoal Black Sienna interior.

Equipment Group 402A
Adaptive Cruise Control
Trailer Tow Package
Dual Panel Moonroof (aka Panoramic Vista Roof)
Roof Cross Bars
Molded Splash Guards
Cargo Security Shade

As you may all know it will take from 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. My salesman Danny whom I have been doing business with him for the past 15 years told me that as soon as the dealer gets the vin# he will call me to give it to me and track the progress of the car. My dealer gave Ford " top priority" to get this car built ( whatever that meant) so it may be here in less time.

This was a difficult decision for me because as some of you know I am the proud owner of a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited Fully loaded in white platinum Tri-coat which I purchased last year in September. It only has 9000 miles and when I took it to the dealer today the General Manager came out to look at the Explorer and he could not tell the difference between a 2013 limited and mine because it is in show room condition. They will definitely take mine back on a trade and put me on the 2013 Explorer Sport.

The are two features that the Explorer Limited has that the new Sport does not have not even as an option. The New 2013 Ford Explorer Sport does not come with "Power Fold " third row seats. They have to be manually folded. And the other feature not available is the "Park Assist" (not that I will need it to park my explorer) In fact I have that feature in my current Ford Explorer Limited and I have never even tried it. The power fold third row seats is something that I use but ill guess I will have to give that up for now. I think it will be offered on the 2014 model year or later on.

I will posting pictures of a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport that I saw at the dealer today and also of my 2012 Ford Explorer Limited that I also took today.

Best regards to all and a Happy Holiday Season!!

Congrats on ordering, NY1PR2012! I'm happy to track your order for you; just send me a PM with your order number and dealer name/state. I'll give you weekly updates on your vehicle's journey from the plant to your dealership.

Have a great weekend!

Crystal

Well mine is two weeks in and i Don't even have a vin yet

I just ordered a '13 Explorer last Mon with a Priority 10 (lowest possible for a dealer order) and it was scheduled with a build week and I was assigned a Vin 3 days later. If it wasn't the holidays I could have it built in about 2 weeks.

Many factors play into when you will get scheduled, such as what priority your dealer assigned to your order, dealer allocation and if any holds/constraints are on your particular option choices.

As promised here are the photos of the 2013 Ford Explorer Sport that I saw at my Ford Dealer in Ingot Silver. My Ford dealer is Quality Auto Mall in New Jersey.

2013Sport2.jpg

2013Sport1.jpg

2013Sport.jpg

and here are the photos of my 2012 Ford Explorer Limited,

MyExplorer.jpg

MyExplorer1.jpg

MyExplorer2.jpg

I am probably cancelling mine tomorrow.

Say it aint so ! I'd give it until Monday ( your dealers are open Sat ? ) as its likely the plant will have pushed any built ones out before their shut down.
My ETA went from 12/10 to 12/17 but I'm pretty confident it will be in first of week.

I just ordered a '13 Explorer last Mon with a Priority 10 (lowest possible for a dealer order) and it was scheduled with a build week and I was assigned a Vin 3 days later. If it wasn't the holidays I could have it built in about 2 weeks.

Many factors play into when you will get scheduled, such as what priority your dealer assigned to your order, dealer allocation and if any holds/constraints are on your particular option choices.

Cool, glad to hear you jumped on the band wagon.

Congrats on ordering, NY1PR2012! I'm happy to track your order for you; just send me a PM with your order number and dealer name/state. I'll give you weekly updates on your vehicle's journey from the plant to your dealership.

Have a great weekend!

Crystal

Thank you so much Crystal. I will call my Dealer and ask them to give me the order # and I will send you a PM with the information. I hope that in the near future Ford will offer the 3.5 Ecoboost engine in the Ford Explorer Limited as well even if it is offer as an option. It will be so nice to see the Luxury Limited Explorer with that engine.
It would have been nice if I had been able to order my Explorer Sport with the 'Power Fold Third Row Seats", "Lane Departure Warning" and "Heated Steering Wheel" but I am pretty sure that Ford will probably offer it in the 2014 model or later year.

I agree with SHOnSUV, don't cancel the order(unless there is a more personal reason). Like the saying goes,
"GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT" and I am one for sure who is willing to wait as long as it takes.

Say it aint so ! I'd give it until Monday ( your dealers are open Sat ? ) as its likely the plant will have pushed any built ones out before their shut down.
My ETA went from 12/10 to 12/17 but I'm pretty confident it will be in first of week.
I will before I pull another trigger, but I will find another vehicle so far I have found a Durango that would work and another Enclave.If they can't guarantee delivery this year and how don't see how they can, if they have not shipped it yet and then we have the holidays in between. I was told it would be here Monday and it has not been shipped and was originally told by December 20th it would be here. Either day would be have been acceptable and neither can happen.

For those wondering on lead times of Explorers, ordered a Base 4WD Explorer on 10/12, it was built 11/19 and on ground a my dealer 11/27 for my business. Unfortunately there was a snafu in the order and it was a 2WD (had ordered a 4WD). I then proceeded to order myself an Explorer on 11/14 and was given a M3 build date (still no VIN) on that one. Ordered the replacement for Base Explorer was placed on 12/5, and was given a build date of A4 (still no VIN).

Other Ford leadtimes:
Also ordered an F350 on 10/12 and it was built on 11/12 and on the ground at my dealer by 11/16. That too had an order snafu (wrong color), and placed the reorder on 12/5, build date of A2 (1/7/13) and VIN assigned.

We also have an order in for a 2013 Lincoln MKZ ordered on 8/28 and given a K5 build date. Still not VIN....waiting for production to be started up on that one...

my car ordered 10/31
vin on 11/18
build 12/4 off line
was told eta was 12/17 which was great
still sitting to be shipped
I spoke to my dealer and they still know nothing.. since I leave for vacation on Tuesday and return on 27th I will not have time before the 31st to find a car that works for me.
So I need to here something solid for me to keep moving forward.. this is terribly disappointing

For those wondering on lead times of Explorers, ordered a Base 4WD Explorer on 10/12, it was built 11/19 and on ground a my dealer 11/27 for my business. Unfortunately there was a snafu in the order and it was a 2WD (had ordered a 4WD). I then proceeded to order myself an Explorer on 11/14 and was given a M3 build date (still no VIN) on that one. Ordered the replacement for Base Explorer was placed on 12/5, and was given a build date of A4 (still no VIN).

Other Ford leadtimes:
Also ordered an F350 on 10/12 and it was built on 11/12 and on the ground at my dealer by 11/16. That too had an order snafu (wrong color), and placed the reorder on 12/5, build date of A2 (1/7/13) and VIN assigned.

We also have an order in for a 2013 Lincoln MKZ ordered on 8/28 and given a K5 build date. Still not VIN....waiting for production to be started up on that one...

With those codes on the build dates it sounds like yours are Fleet orders. Fleet are totally different in ordering and scheduling. They don't use the dealer allocation system.

Thank you so much Crystal. I will call my Dealer and ask them to give me the order # and I will send you a PM with the information. I hope that in the near future Ford will offer the 3.5 Ecoboost engine in the Ford Explorer Limited as well even if it is offer as an option. It will be so nice to see the Luxury Limited Explorer with that engine.
It would have been nice if I had been able to order my Explorer Sport with the 'Power Fold Third Row Seats", "Lane Departure Warning" and "Heated Steering Wheel" but I am pretty sure that Ford will probably offer it in the 2014 model or later year.

You're welcome, NY1PR2012! I've responded to your PM with some news; let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Crystal

My update was not shipped and my dealer answer is it should be here.. it may rain tomorrow too...
Worst experience I have ever had when ordering a new car. I will never order a Ford again as I don't see how a car ordered in October can't be here in December.....
I do have a Durango I like luckily that will be here Thursday. I pretty sure I will get it based on non answers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Based on everyone else including myself your looking at 6-8 weeks.AFIK nobody has gotten one in 4 weeks. I have never heard of top priority for an order so unless someone from Ford can verify this I am gonna call bs on the dealer. Also there is a holiday shut down that will slow your order down as well.
On the positive side congrats. I hope it get to you swiftly

I woudnt say nobody. I ordered my Sport October 15 and had it Novermber 3rd. So that would be about 3 weeks. And the kicker there is the dealer doesnt put orders in until Friday so the order didnt even get submitted until the 19th.

Back