2013 Truck Haven MLK Weekend Explorer Ranger run Jan 19-20 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Truck Haven MLK Weekend Explorer Ranger run Jan 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quartzsite is going to be full of a few hundred thousand people because its their annual swap meet weekend. My parents are heading over there.

We usually stop by the swap meet on the way back from T-haven. Lot's of cool stuff from across the country.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah tire prices are just crazy. Just spent $1400 on tires for the Pumpkin. Let my last tires rot in the sun while the Dart was being built. Bad move...:banghead:

rick (and anyone else here in phx) check out Dutchman's tire warehouse. They are a small distributor for foreign tires. Many of the tires they sell are the generics of big name tires. I have tires from them on my mountaineer, my commuter car, and my boat trailer. The tires on my car are made on the michelin line, just stamped with a different brand for sale in china. They dont mount or balance or install, just sell tires, so I use the little Mexican tire shop down the road to mount up for 10-15 per tire.

For my 31" falkens on the truck... $500 all the way around after tax.
My car's little 14" ers. $200 all the way around.
My trailers big heavy duty trailer-specific tires, $280 for 4.

They have a huge business with the drifters, as those guys destroy tires fast.

rick (and anyone else here in phx) check out Dutchman's tire warehouse. .

The largest tire they show is a 33. Not going to cut it ;)

Call them. They dont keep the website updated. They can also get anything. They carry this Australian brand of mud radials. I think I remember seeing 35's there when I was there once.

Just bought a set of BFG Muds from Discount Tire. They beat the Tire Rack's on line price.
I pulled the old tires off the Explorer and found a busted leaf on right-rear. Crapola, got to hit the junk yards for a new to me set.

Im "In" Also

I guess since my dad posted that he is going, i should post that i will be there as well:D:thumbsup:

...Make sure your Dad brings my table...:p:

...Make sure your Dad brings my table...:p:

Yea Ted......I got your table.:bsnicker:

I'll wrap it up and bring it out for you. :D ........... No really:salute:

Attachments

• Teds Table.JPG
    Teds Table.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 220

Sarah used to have one of those when she was six. So cute, so cute..

I have a technical question I should ask on another thread, but since I have gathered all of these great minds in one spot..here goes:

I got a new/old set of stock Explorer leaf springs to replace the old broken set. I was looking at them and usually I just turn the overload leaf upside-down so it does not inhibit flex, but keeps the right ride height. Okay, here is what I was thinking of doing. Taking the second leaf out of the old springs and adding it to the new spring pack, then removing the overload leaf. Is it okay for two leaf springs to be the same length, one on top of the other?

Sarah used to have one of those when she was six. So cute, so cute..

I have a technical question I should ask on another thread, but since I have gathered all of these great minds in one spot..here goes:

I got a new/old set of stock Explorer leaf springs to replace the old broken set. I was looking at them and usually I just turn the overload leaf upside-down so it does not inhibit flex, but keeps the right ride height. Okay, here is what I was thinking of doing. Taking the second leaf out of the old springs and adding it to the new spring pack, then removing the overload leaf. Is it okay for two leaf springs to be the same length, one on top of the other?

You could cut the leaf back an inch or 2 or whatever it takes on both ends. On my old springs I cut 2 inches of both ends of the overload with no ill affects. I did that mostly because they liked to "walk" under extreme flex and get close to rubbing my tires.

On Mr Mud Norm took the three lower springs from an old set added them to the new set and flipped the overload. It works great pics should be in Muds thread

You could cut the leaf back an inch or 2 or whatever it takes on both ends. On my old springs I cut 2 inches of both ends of the overload with no ill affects. I did that mostly because they liked to "walk" under extreme flex and get close to rubbing my tires.
Mine walk all over the place so I want to do away with them.

SO, Zuk, does that mean it does not matter if you stack same sized leaf springs on top of each other?

Potluck!

Please don't forget to sign up for the potluck.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377241

BRING FIREWOOD! It's going to be cold at night.

Christmas trees are of course welcome, BUT they won't keep us warm. I know, they sure do make an awesone bonfire and spectacular show, if only for a few minutes. :D

Ben (blee1099) is going to be jealous!

TAKE IT TO THE TECHNICAL FORUM :p:

Some people are sôooooo bossy!

Weather is looking great!! Looking forward to a week from right now!!:bounce:

..It's that time already?..:eek:

..Sadly my X has been sitting since the last run and I pretty much haven't been home since then either..:(

..It will sure be nice to get away from the big city..

BTW...Are there any noobies coming out to ride along, camp, or hitting the trails?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am IN at this point. I have new Falken tires (which I am not overly happy with) that I need to get dirty. I will sign up on the potluck asap. I am planning on being there on Friday before the sun is gone and staying till Sunday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back