Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport

Nice, thanks. What was the MSRP on yours? I am in the 460 range including taxes on a 47765 MSRP, 0 down. But seems dealers are not willing to move much on these because of limited quantities in my area. I am assuming they are just selling them to people walking in saying yea ill take it for 500 a month and 3000 down. I have negotiated with several dealers and they all just seem like they dont want to sell it. I get the typical " I can get you into a limited or def a loaded xlt". Might have to make the switch to a Grand Cherokee Limited.

$460 sounds pretty good to me. I think my MSRP was $44k or so. But it looks like ppl are getting better deals now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe i am just not used to it yet, but the acceleration pulls my steering wheel to one side, do i just have to get used to it because im coming out of an xlt? Stepped on the gas and it pulled me into another lane

Sounds like you got an AMZING deal @ $425/month. How many months? But in any case, it should not pull to the right, get it checked out.

There is definitely some torque steer in the Sport. I think that's what you're experiencing. It's present even in 3rd and 4th gear...

Sounds like you got an AMZING deal @ $425/month. How many months? But in any case, it should not pull to the right, get it checked out.

Lots of TQ steer unfortunately. Makes me think the front wheels are still doing all the work.

Jbrewha74,

Stock vs stock they're pretty close in acceleration, but once the 335 was tuned... That car was transformed. Plus, it's a lot lighter than the Sport. Two very different vehicles, but I like the flexibility that the Sport provides and it is still fun to drive. The 335 was small and was RWD...

I've driven a 328 before, and I'm almost certain the Sport is decently faster, but definitely not as nimble.

If by close you mean not at all...then yes. I too have a 335 (2010) and stock vs stock it destroys the sport.

I guess when I took all of the mods off of the 335 if didn't feel quite that fast... I didn't run them against each other...

Lots of TQ steer unfortunately. Makes me think the front wheels are still doing all the work.

If you watch the 4WD display you can see that in normal mode, most of the power is being allocated to the front. The only thing is that it's pretty evenly distributed between both wheels, so if you hold the wheel straight, it goes straight, if you turn it, it pulls you. I've been in cars with torque steer which is usually caused in FWD cars where there is one driving wheel, so you're constantly being driven one direction or the other.

The jist is, if you want to hot foot it, you likely should put both hands on the wheel to keep it straight. It took some getting used to, but I don't notice the car steering me at all anymore.

Sport

36 months 10,500 miles( i gave my 2 yr lease back with 8k UNDER) I still think i got a great deal 425 a month for a 48k vehicle with practically nada down.

It just needs some getting used to, coming out of an xlt, the acceleration is so much different. Although it isnt the high end fast BMW, my wife has the 328xi, and after driving my sport, i would say the speed is very close.

I noticed several of you guys are experiencing steering issues. As for myself I too have got issues with steering, this past Friday 3/8/13 I took my Sport back to get the alignment checked. To my suprise they didn't put it on the alignment rack they just took it to a service bay and hooked a computer up to it, wow what a way to align a vehicle up. It didn't really happen all that way but the computer did show 2 codes reguarding steering issues. Ford doesn't have a fix for it, according to the tech the fix is very expensive. The dealership is to send Ford the info and request a fix...

BY the way mine usually pulls to the left most of the time and at times it seems harder to steer to the right. I have got 3000 miles on it and I use 93 octane in it all the time and get 20 MPG AVG city and highway.

Factory 265-45ZR-20 tires.

I noticed several of you guys are experiencing steering issues. As for myself I too have got issues with steering, this past Friday 3/8/13 I took my Sport back to get the alignment checked. To my suprise they didn't put it on the alignment rack they just took it to a service bay and hooked a computer up to it, wow what a way to align a vehicle up. It didn't really happen all that way but the computer did show 2 codes reguarding steering issues. Ford doesn't have a fix for it, according to the tech the fix is very expensive. The dealership is to send Ford the info and request a fix...

Hi burnettetf,

I want to look into your case and see how I can help. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll get to work!

Crystal

Picking up Sport tomorrow

I will be picking up my Ex Sport tomorrow - black on black, 402a, tow, moon. Replacing a 02 Dakota Quad that was a good truck but time to move on.

Any tips - comments from current Sport owners would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnettetf

Hi burnettetf,

I want to look into your case and see how I can help. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll get to work!

Crystal

Crystal,
I would like to thank you and team for assisting in resolving the issues with my vehicles alignment.

Have a Great Day.

...Crystal,
I would like to thank you and team for assisting in resolving the issues with my vehicles alignment.

Have a Great Day.

You're welcome, burnettetf! Feel free to reach out to me if you need any assistance in the future. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Whenever you are quoting monthly payments for a lease, yes initial payment has an impact, but a factor too is the per year miles... for instance, a 10,500 /yr will be significantly less than our 19,500/yr miles !

We were coming out of a nice Audi Q5 - a smaller suv, but true awd and a few features the Sport doesn't have, but yet the Sport has some the Q did not...

All in all the wife is happy with the sport and I am happy with the $200/mth savings...
NOW, if she would just let me drive the sport some time this week...... :)

on edit, Crystal I will probably be bugging you about the Nav, mft as I hate reading manuals :)

Hi everyone! I just ordered my first Ford! WooHoo! My Uncle being a retiree of the Company and offering his discount sort of pushed me over the edge. We drove six vehicles in this class before we decided on the Explorer Sport. To be honest the dealer didn't even have a Sport available to test drive. We drove the limited and I read the reviews on the new sport and I was sold! I'd list the options but it's easier just to say Red with the full middle seat (3 Kids) and every other option available. :D

Hi everyone! I just ordered my first Ford! WooHoo! My Uncle being a retiree of the Company and offering his discount sort of pushed me over the edge. We drove six vehicles in this class before we decided on the Explorer Sport. To be honest the dealer didn't even have a Sport available to test drive. We drove the limited and I read the reviews on the new sport and I was sold! I'd list the options but it's easier just to say Red with the full middle seat (3 Kids) and every other option available. :D

Congratulations, MaXberN! I responded to your message and provided you with your Explorer's current status. Let me know if you have questions! :)

Crystal

Ok so I've received my VIN but the links I found to show me the window sticker don't work. I just ordered on 01 April. Is it too soon?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered my Sport on 2/25. Just got an email from Crystal that it will be delivered around the 30th of this month.

Back