2000 5.0L Radiator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 5.0L Radiator

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
Does anyone have any experience with this radiator? I looking for a CHEAP replacement.

Amazon:

Shepherd Auto Parts 1 Row w/o EOC w/ TOC OEM Style Complete Replacement Radiator
by Shepherd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: $91.36
Free Shipping
Lifetime Warranty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you get a radiator for your 5.0 get a double row. You will appreciate the cooling effects rather than the chance of over heating. I forget where I ordered mine from but I have a double row with a lifetime warranty against any defects, only had to replace it once due to a leaky end tank, and I have had the radiator for close to 4 years now.

I'm guessing this radiator is for the Eddie Bauer. If you go to auto parts warehouse.com(I had to space it out cause it wouldn't let me post the link) that will be the best place to get your radiator. The one I found for you is part #P1824. Like I said, get a 2-row radiator to avoid overheating problems.

I'm guessing this radiator is for the Eddie Bauer. If you go to auto parts warehouse.com(I had to space it out cause it wouldn't let me post the link) that will be the best place to get your radiator. The one I found for you is part #P1824. Like I said, get a 2-row radiator to avoid overheating problems.

actually it's for the Mountaineer, which doesn't have the EOC.

the 2-row for $123 sounds interesting. i bookmarked it for now. i don't know how many row rad the truck originally came with. most of the replacements i'm finding are 1-row. if it came with a 1-row, that's good enough for what i'll need. i'll have to check the one that's in there. -thanks

I used a Spectra Premium CU2308 radiator in mine, not sure if its single or double row but it's supposed to be a factory replacement type...done about 2000 miles with it, no overheating or any other problems so far. It looks like it's $140 on amazon but I paid $116+ shipping for it on rockauto.com

Rockauto is another good place to check. The 2308 is a single row.
I personally prefer the 2 row radiator just so I don't have to worry. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, figured it was a single row since it looked exactly the same as the one that came out. But yeah definitely check rockauto!!

I thought by 99 the 4.0 and 5.0 rads were the same? I've got a few and they look identical...

Si

I just checked rockauto, they list 2308 for the 5.0 and 2309 for the 4.0 for a 2000 model year

Yeah, figured it was a single row since it looked exactly the same as the one that came out. But yeah definitely check rockauto!!

first place i looked was RA, but don't want to pay their shipping. the auto parts warehouse 2-row is only $123 with free shipping and 2 out of 3 good reviews. no reviews anywhere on the sherman rad.

I just checked rockauto, they list 2308 for the 5.0 and 2309 for the 4.0 for a 2000 model year

was it a SOHC or OHV 4L. the sohc rad i had in my truck was identical to the 5L rad when i did my 5L swap. i was even going to use the v6 rad, till i put a hole in the tank, and had to use the 5L one.

was it a SOHC or OHV 4L. the sohc rad i had in my truck was identical to the 5L rad when i did my 5L swap. i was even going to use the v6 rad, till i put a hole in the tank, and had to use the 5L one.

It was for the 4.0 SOHC, and yeah it looked exactly the same in the picture as the 5.0 one but it is a different model number so something has to be different lol

Yeah I have noticed the interchangability between a majority of parts between different model explorers and sport tracks etc. In all reality it all comes down to researching for the best price for the better made parts.

It was for the 4.0 SOHC, and yeah it looked exactly the same in the picture as the 5.0 one but it is a different model number so something has to be different lol

Don't always go by the photo's as many of them are file photos.

wait a min. i know what it was now. in a 5L, the a/c condenser clips to the rad. a 4L it doesnt. so i 5L rad will have the slots on the sides of the tanks.

it does? it didn't on the 2000 I had... same as the V6 I think... tbh... just use a 4.0 SOHC... I'm pretty ure they're the same

Si

my condenser clips to the rad. and even if it didn't, i don't see the point in taking a chance with the 4.0 rad and getting the wrong part.

My condenser clips to my radiator. I looked at a friends explorer that has the 4.0 and his is separate. Don't go the cheap route, get what is made for your vehicle. If there are upgrades (ie: 2 row vs 1 row) go with the up grade if you can afford it.

My condenser clips to my radiator. I looked at a friends explorer that has the 4.0 and his is separate. Don't go the cheap route, get what is made for your vehicle. If there are upgrades (ie: 2 row vs 1 row) go with the up grade if you can afford it.

i will absolutley go with a radiator specifically indicated for my vehicle (thought i made that clear in my last post) and will most likely go with the 2-row autowarehouse rad for $123/free shipping, as no one has any experience with the Sherman radiator. i'm in no huge rush to change it, as mine leaks at the top of the passenger side tank, but only if i fill it all the way. once it's leaked about a quart it stops leaking and has never shows any signs of overheating. the truck isn't driven very much right now (<100 miles a week). it's kinda a spare vehicle at the moment, until my daughter's SOHC XLT dies. i just want to fix it before summer gets here. -thanks for your input.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey it all sounds good to me. Mine is sitting for now until I get the money together to replace my water pump bolts since I broke one.

Back