Vendor for Standard Explorer Parts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vendor for Standard Explorer Parts?

hokiesport

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Anyone know if there is a reliable vendor for trim pieces for the standard Explorers?

I want to convert my Sport to a an XLT. So, I'd be looking for the grille mainly. I think I can chrome paint the other parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone know if there is a reliable vendor for trim pieces for the standard Explorers?

I want to convert my Sport to a an XLT. So, I'd be looking for the grille mainly. I think I can chrome paint the other parts.

i can trade with u... i have a limited

As expr13 already spoke up, look into this. There is a high probability you would be able to swap out trim pieces with someone.

Out of curiosity, what is making you want to do the change? Trying to make it more of a sleeper, or just prefer the chrome grill, rear trim, and roof rails?

You don't want the silver colored roof rack rails do you???? I want the black ones for my Limited!

I'd suggest first talking with the Explorer Forum vendors who support this site, here's the vendor directory http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/dto_vendor.php?view=alpha

This Ford parts dealer has been helpful to me in the past http://www.fordparts.com/hellerford

Thanks, that is actually super useful advice.

As expr13 already spoke up, look into this. There is a high probability you would be able to swap out trim pieces with someone.

Out of curiosity, what is making you want to do the change? Trying to make it more of a sleeper, or just prefer the chrome grill, rear trim, and roof rails?

I dunno, I was thinking I wanted something more unique.

I think the sport grille is bigger to support the inter cooler.

I think the sport grille is bigger to support the inter cooler.

I thought the intercooler was at the bottom of the truck, behind that cut out in the black plastic piece beneath the bumper (I think its called the air dam?).

I am hearing what you are saying. There is definitely better airflow with the Sport grille which may be necessary to support the larger radiator that we have. It may also support the oil cooler??

But, I am thinking this stupid idea is just getting stupider.. lol

I dunno, I was thinking I wanted something more unique.

That makes perfect sense! Best of luck with the search. I haven't done anything yet, but have another car to work on for that bug.

Back