2013 Sport on order...woohooo!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Sport on order...woohooo!!!!

rellyrooly

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ex Limited 4WD 302A
Hi all-

I am new here so forgive me as I have posted this somewhere else on the forum.

I ordered my 2013 Explorer Sport about 3 weeks ago. Tuxedo Black with Charcoal/Sienna interior, 402A package, Dualpane-roof, 2nd row buckets plus some other smaller accessories. I am going to be trading in my current baby, a 2009 BMW 335i Convertible. I am extremely sad to let go of it but it just isn't working size-wise for me any longer.

I have a VIN number that I got pretty quickly from my dealer but I have not gotten a build date yet. I did call Ford CS and was told my estimated delivery date is 2/18/13 and that it is listed as "in production" but she also couldn't get a build date. Is this normal? I am really excited about getting my new Sport and am getting anxious.

Hi all-

I ordered my 2013 Explorer Sport about 3 weeks ago. Tuxedo Black with Charcoal/Sienna interior, 402A package, Dualpane-roof, 2nd row buckets plus some other smaller accessories. I am going to be trading in my current baby, a 2009 BMW 335i Convertible. I am extremely sad to let go of it but it just isn't working size-wise for me any longer.

I have a VIN number that I got pretty quickly from my dealer but I have not gotten a build date yet. I did call Ford CS and was told my estimated delivery date is 2/18/13 and that it is listed as "in production" but she also couldn't get a build date. Is this normal? I am really excited about getting my new Sport and am getting anxious.

Hi rellyrooly!

I know that you and I have already been in touch over PM, but I wanted to make sure you didn't have any other questions. If so, just let me know!

Crystal

Bye Bye Bimmer

Hi all-

Congrats rellyrooly!!

Welcome to the forum. We ordered our Tuxedo Black Sport three weeks ago today, similarly equipped, and are anxiously awaiting delivery. We are also trading in the bimmer with sad hesitation. It has been a good car for the most part. We'll trade a 2009 Z4 hardtop convertible with 30k miles on it. It has worked well, except for a hall-effect sensor on the convertible top. That stumped the BMW techs for days. That is the smallest quality problem we've had with our three BMW autos, the others were much worse. But when the top won't go down, you've got a problem...even here in Arizona.

We also are having problems with limited space, as you might imagine in a two seater. We have three large dogs and normally we use the F350 to cart them around. Lately, though they are getting alot more outings than before (since we're working a TINY bit fewer hours) and dragging out the Crew cab everytime we want to take a dog somewhere just got impractical beyond our patience.

This will be my wife's car and I'm much happier having her in a 5-star crash rated vehicle, too. Especially since I got rear ended in the F350 by someone texting a few months back on the freeway. They never hit the brakes.....but they DID hit the trailer hitch. Ouch. What a mess. Ruined a perfectly good pathfinder.

Anyway, enough OT. Welcome aboard. You are on the same time-schedule as us so far. We have a VIN but nothing else definate yet. Our dealer promised 6 weeks and we have been buying cars from them for decades now, so I think we'll be pretty close. We'll get an update later this week from Crystal and let you know. We were showing in 'Production Scheduling' last week as I recall. Nothing very exciting there.

Welcome aboard!

Scott

Back