Love our 2013 Explorer! Wanted a Sport, but think we made right choice with Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Love our 2013 Explorer! Wanted a Sport, but think we made right choice with Limited

kc2dc

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited
Well, I thought I would post an update. I joined the forum and have been reading it for about a year now. About this time last year, we could not decide if we wanted a new 4runner or EX. Last summer, we decided to trade in the 4R and we bought a grey limited. It is LOADED. I don't think it could possibly have any other options from the factory.

I thought I wanted a Sport with the bigger engine, but we didn't want to wait, but now after having the Limited for about six months and seeing the Sports in real life, I think we made the right choice.

One of the things I didn't think I wanted was all the technology, the adaptive cruise control, park assist etc. I can parallel park, I don't need that stuff I was thinking, but now I think it's one of my and my wife's favorite things about the ex. We travel all over the country and live in a very urban area and are always in big cities and that park assist is just amazing. We use it all the time and it works perfectly. The lane assist and adaptive cruise control is great, especially on long trips. I think the Sport lacks some of that, but I'm not sure. I would choose the Limited over the Sport if the Sport doesn't have park assist or adaptive cruise technology and I never thought I would ever say that. The Limited has the auto folding 3rd row seats which is nice too.

We got the second row buckets and love those. The moon roof is great, the sound system is nice. We have had zero problems with the MFT and again, we travel all over the country and have really put it to the test. The only problems we have had is sometimes the flash memory card gets bumped and pops out without us knowing it and it shuts down the navigation. Now that we know that can happen, it's the first thing we check.

The only thing I think I might be missing is the power of the sport, but I think the Limited is just fine. I'm a very aggressive driver and I do just fine, no problems what so ever getting up to speed, passing etc. My other car is a loaded and quite fast late model nissan maxima sport, so I do prefer a more aggressive and faster car than average at least, but we ended up really liking the Limited. I think we would have really regretted getting a 4runner. I was really worried about going from a truck frame to a uni-body too. I'm not really a fan of trucks, but figured if you are going to have an SUV, it may as well be on a truck frame. I load the ex down with mountain bikes etc and so far so good. I have not towed with it yet, but I don't anticipate any issues. I think I prefer the car feel on the highway and for that reason I'll deal with any minor issues I might have when I need to use the EX for more truck type stuff.

Never thought I would own a domestic vehicle again, let alone pay over 45k for one. But I gotta give credit to Ford. The Explorers are nice, high quality vehicles. I might have to trade it off though if they start offering ecoboost in a Limited or if the sport gets upgraded with some of the technology options.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree with all of your comments. We are glad we go the limited instead of waiting for the Sport. We love all of the bells and whistles

...Never thought I would own a domestic vehicle again, let alone pay over 45k for one. But I gotta give credit to Ford. The Explorers are nice, high quality vehicles...

Congratulations on the new Explorer, kc2dc! When you're not out enjoying yourself in the new ride, I recommend spending some time at http://owner.ford.com. You can download free copies of important vehicle documentation, schedule a maintenance visit, and print out valuable money saving coupons.

Crystal

Here is a pic of our explorer

ex_02.jpg

Great looking Explorer! Congratulations!

Sharp looking Ex....will look good in my rearview mirror lol....kidding, well sort of lol anyways.....they are great vehicles...I have a 2013 Sport and love driving it.....my wife has an 2013 XLT with every option and she loves hers....having driven both of them.....the Sport engine is definitely a different animal and a whole lot more fun.... The best part I believe is that Ford allows you many different price points with how you outfit these things....unlike other mfgs who require you to go to their most expensive models to get certain options. Happy Motoring

Back