• Register Today It's free!

New to the Forum

tomk1960

Reaction score
City, State
Worcester, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer
Hello members. I just joined the forum since I'm the owner of a 2002 Explorer that I've had for approx. 7 years. I love the truck and it has truly been a sport utility vehicle. For years I used it to tow an enclosed landscaping/motorcycle trailer multiple times a week. It never let me down. The back seat is folded down most of the time because I'm constantly hauling stuff around in it.

One of the reasons I joined was because my 4WD has stopped working and I wanted to find possible reasons and fixes for it. I think the issue is electronic, since it doesn't even try to engage automatically like it used to. In addition, if I put it in neutral and put it in 4WD low, the light doesn't come on and nothing happens.

If anyone has suggestions, please feel free to share them, or point me toward a thread that might have already addressed this issue. In the meantime, I'll start searching here to see what I can find.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard to a fellow Worcesterite!! :salute:

When I was having this issue, I replaced the 4x4 Module only to find out it was a bad ground on the shift motor located on the transfer case. Worth a look.

I'll post up some more info when I get home tonight.

Welcome aboard to a fellow Worcesterite!! :salute:

When I was having this issue, I replaced the 4x4 Module only to find out it was a bad ground on the shift motor located on the transfer case. Worth a look.

I'll post up some more info when I get home tonight.

Hey Neighbor - thanks for the suggestion! I'll look forward to your pictures later today.

Tom

Back