Backup Camera screen cancel button - did it disappear in 3.5.1? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Backup Camera screen cancel button - did it disappear in 3.5.1?

dco43054

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
cmh
Year, Model & Trim Level
20 XLT
So I finally updated to 3.5.1 on Saturday.

Haven't noticed any significant changes. Bluetooth phone link seems to be a bit better. Had to reprogram all my radio presets again (Really Ford? Can you not just write a file to the USB with my option settings and then restore them at the end of the install?)

One thing I did notice was that the cancel "button" that used to appear in the upper left corner of the backup camera screen, that allowed me to shut off the camera feed, is no longer there.

Is that the same way for everyone else, or do I need to do a Master Reset and see if it will reappear?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Button does appear to be gone... :(

So what is up with that?

It was useful for when you were coming out of reverse into drive, but weren't ready to start rolling just yet, and wanted the main screen back.

Morons.......

I wasn't real happy with the change either. Doesn't seem to serve any purpose by removing it.:thumbdwn:

I wasn't real happy with the change either. Doesn't seem to serve any purpose by removing it.:thumbdwn:

oh i am sure it is a legal liability thing...good old america

Edit: i.e. you hit cancel...back up over a child...sue ford

Back