The SoCal RBV's Club Various Upcoming Meet and Greets | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The SoCal RBV's Club Various Upcoming Meet and Greets

Ok... 300+ miles now and the stop leak has held up nicely. No leaks and no temp problems so far. Also, made it with my old drive shaft. Actually came in handy. A friend of mine was snowed in and I was able to get up to him and pick him up! Just realized I need front recovery points. I was able to pick up a GM (super beef) front tow hook from a suburban at the bone yard. The problem is that they use the tow hooks in order to support the vehicles at the wrecking yard so I was only able to get one.:mad: I will go back this week sometime to see if I can get another.

Slowly but surely.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If anyone is interested in heading up my way there is a run up at Rowler Trail (jefe's old stomping grounds) on the 17th that this off road shop up here is sponsoring. I think I may go check it out. JP needs to stretch her legs:D

Details:

https://www.facebook.com/events/526127770761195/

Zukman and I are going to this...Any one else want to join in? I have seats open if any one wants.. Fam will be at a B-day party...

Renee and I are planning on going. Hope to see some of you there. Feel free to come up and introduce yourself if you see us.

Steve,

Let me check my schedule and if I can make it, can I ride with you on the trail?

let me know. you can leave your ride at my place if you want

let me know. you can leave your ride at my place if you want

I'm in! This will be my first off-road trip since I sold the Explorer... :eek:
What time do you want me at your place? PM the address, please. :thumbsup:

I'm in! This will be my first off-road trip since I sold the Explorer... :eek:
What time do you want me at your place? PM the address, please. :thumbsup:

It starts at 11am and it's about 45 min from my place, so say 9-9:30am. I'll pm you my addy.;)

Had a good time out there today. Thanks again Steve, for the seat. The weather was perfect.

Here are a few pictures that I took.

CJI_2490.jpg

CJI_2493.jpg

CJI_2501.jpg

CJI_2516.jpg

CJI_2577.jpg

CJI_2494.jpg

CJI_2597.jpg

CJI_2565.jpg

CJI_2585.jpg

CJI_2531.jpg

..Cool pictures...

..I run across that Bronco every once n a while and see the "Mangina" Jeep all over the place...

Froader, Stic-o and Zukeman & wife it was great meeting up with all of you. Wish we could have hung out a bit more.

Why was Stic-o taking a strap?

We had a great time. The best part was finding out that the guy putting on the event was the guy that built all the JP Explorers for Universal. And that he was excited to finially meet "JP the Extended tour" , as he has seen it running around town but never close enough t get a good look.

Rick's chair was also in attendence as it is still on board the motorhome. Most of the jeepers were kinda surprised at how well the Explorers did, especially the one that Stic-o strapped off a err in judgement spot.

Had a great time and glad Colin could make it out:thumbsup: The C/K or what's left of it, actually lives around the corner from my place. Cool guy.

21915_10151534212870439_1415050594_n.jpg

Oh yeah...then there was this...still trying to get the story..

19587_548239058541846_242324173_n.jpg

72623_548239041875181_414699455_n.jpg

Zuke, the gauge we were talking about is called ultra gauge.

It will only work on OBDII systems so for us that would be 1996-newer. It won't work on your 1991 unless you transplanted an OBDII system in to it ;)

I will be doing a writup on it once I have tested out the version with the transmission temerture gauge integrated in to it.

Dan

One of the guys (a friend of a friend) that was in the pack I was wheeling with made me smile when he said "Dam that things really looks good and wheels even better". This was from a guy who has about $40K total in to his 4 door Rubicon. I feel kinda guilty given I am in to my Monsterneer for less than $5K.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..For those interested in the Mojave Trail, we are leaving to go explore within the next 30 day's as the dates are set..;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367675

..In the meantime, perhaps a Main Divide rd. trip for the 10th of this month, a week from Sunday?

..Anyone interested?..:popcorn:

Back