Possible to Purchase Explorer Sport Rims? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible to Purchase Explorer Sport Rims?

KanewtZ

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
Can I purchase just the Sport Rims?? I'd like to put my own rubber on...will they fit my 2013 LTD?

Anyone have insight?

Cheers,
Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have seen several Limited Ex's on here and on the road that are using the EDGE Sport rims.

Search it out on here, there are pics.

Cant see why not.

why bother? You would be better off going put and buying good aftermarket rims. They will be cheaper, lighter, stronger.
Unless your trying to fake a Sport....

Can I purchase just the Sport Rims?? I'd like to put my own rubber on...will they fit my 2013 LTD?

Anyone have insight?

Cheers,
Matt
I'm sure that the dealer would be more than happy to sell them to you Matt. There was someone a week or so ago looking to sell the Sport rims c/w tires. Not sure where that thread went.
I didn't see a price but he had his contact info included in the post. Another member may have cpopontacted him because they posted a reply that they thought $3000 was a bit much. Not sure how much they sell for through the dealer. Fordparts.com doesn't even show the price. It just says 'call'.

Peter

My wife wanted the Edge Sport wheels on her '09 Edge...until I told her they were $800 each. Moda makes a wheel that looks similar for a lot less, though.

If you want the actual Sport rims, you'll most likely have to go through a dealership... I wanted to upgrade from the 18" alloys my XLT came with, to the 20" polished... But didn't want to fork over the $3,000 they wanted for the wheels and tires. I imagine the sport rims are about the same. I think the best option is to find aftermarket wheels that have a sport look. They'll be cheaper, and personalized.

why bother? You would be better off going put and buying good aftermarket rims. They will be cheaper, lighter, stronger.
Unless your trying to fake a Sport....

Fake a Sport? For the love of..... If someone wants to buy Sport rims so be it. It's their perogative to do so.

KanewtZ. You'll probably have to wait a bit for the OEM sport tires to come out. I agree with the others though. Just go buy some after market wheels that look similar. There are alot to chose from. Enjoy your Explorer. Mod it whatever way you want.

I now have 2 Sports. A black one and a white one. His and hers. LOL. The power is truly remarkable. The ride is a lot better. Just more fun to drive all the way round.

:D

They have a part #. If you go to Fordparts.com.

I asked because I like the way those rims look. I haven't been able to find a comparable aftermarket looking rim, unless someone knows of one?

I've been looking for a similar Sport wheel, and it's been tough... Hard to get a feel of how exactly they look until they're on... Take a look at the Verde Jaggedge- gloss black machined... I believe they come in the correct bolt pattern. Maybe try a 5 spoke wheel like the Savini Black Di Forza Bm-6 (Not sure if they come in 114.3, but just to get an idea of something else) Anyone else have suggestions of a good "sporty" wheel?

Yup. The OEM Sport wheels are nice. I'll find the part number and post it up. They're expensive though!

1007C

Wheel

With 20" Wheels ; 20 X 9 Aluminum Wheel Part #: 1007C
Pack Qty: 1
$745.00
Core Deposit: $50.00

My wife wanted the Edge Sport wheels on her '09 Edge...until I told her they were $800 each. Moda makes a wheel that looks similar for a lot less, though.

These are the wheels my wife decided she liked better than the $800 OEM wheels. Moda M14. The largest size is 18" though, but that's as big as she wanted anyway. $134 ea

moda_md14_mba_ci3_l.jpg

Nice price

Here is the OEM pic for comparison:

epr13_sport_smfeat_aluminumwheel_534.jpg

Wow, number 2 is pretty close for 1/4 the cost.

These are the wheels my wife decided she liked better than the $800 OEM wheels. Moda M14. The largest size is 18" though, but that's as big as she wanted anyway. $134 ea

moda_md14_mba_ci3_l.jpg

Do you have a link for those?

Those may be a snow solution for the SPORT, wonder if those will clear the front brakes.

Not a fan of cheap offshore wheels, but these will look way better than the COP Explorer Steelies...

No link readily available from my phone but I think they were on Tire Rack.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got my spare set of sport rims on ebay... Used w 200 mi... Paid 1001$....They are flawless...

Back