2013 Ruby Red Explorer Sport ordered! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ruby Red Explorer Sport ordered!

Ryan327

Reaction score
City, State
Carmel, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Figured now would be a good time to sign up. Just put in my order for a Ruby Red Explorer Sport, 402A, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Tow Package. No dates or details yet but I'll post some updates as I get my timeline.

Pretty stoked, we had narrowed our choices down to either the Explorer Sport of VW Touareg TDI and while we really like the VW it was just too much more to spend.

Now I just have to see how long I can wait before dropping a tune into it....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Figured now would be a good time to sign up. Just put in my order for a Ruby Red Explorer Sport, 402A, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Tow Package. No dates or details yet but I'll post some updates as I get my timeline.

Pretty stoked, we had narrowed our choices down to either the Explorer Sport of VW Touareg TDI and while we really like the VW it was just too much more to spend.

Now I just have to see how long I can wait before dropping a tune into it....

Congrats on the order. I just took delivery last Friday on our Sport. White Tri-coat, 402A, tow package, 2nd row buckets, panoramic window, siena / charcoal seats. The mudguards and the cross rails were not there on delivery. Have to go back Saturday and have them put on. Just passed 200 miles today and put 18% tint on the fronts to match the rear windows. Really enjoying it so far.

Eddie

So how long was your wait time??? Seems like it varies quite a bit looking through the threads!

I almost took one from dealer stock but it had a sun roof which i'm really not into, especially for ~1600, and it had 200 miles on it already, which to me is high for a "new" car. Excited for it to get here, but know it's going to be a bit.

So how long was your wait time??? Seems like it varies quite a bit looking through the threads!

I almost took one from dealer stock but it had a sun roof which i'm really not into, especially for ~1600, and it had 200 miles on it already, which to me is high for a "new" car. Excited for it to get here, but know it's going to be a bit.

I hear ya on the wait. My order took exactly 14 weeks. My dealership did not manage the order estimate very well. They said 10 weeks. I was more upset that the mudguards and crossrails were not at the dealership when I picked it up.

Eddie

Ryan327,

I just noticed you are in NOVA. I work in NOVA but live in MD. Which dealer are you dealing with?

Eddie

Cowles Ford in Hoodbridge.

That was a bit of a wait you had, hope it's not so bad for me. Had my mind set on 8 months. But in the end, it can't be that bad. Waited ~6 months for each suppressor I have :D

Hopefully yours doesn't take too long. I ended up going to Keystone Ford in Chambersburg, PA! The dealers in NOVA and MD wanted me to buy off the lot. I"m glad I held out and ordered what I wanted in the end.

Eddie

Funny how different the experience can be with each person. My guy didn't pressure me at all and actually even suggest that I order one.

I was very happy with the pricing as well and it involved pretty much zero haggling. It's too early to give them a grade, but things have been good so far.

Very good. I was happy with the price too. No haggles. I paid dealer invoice minus incentives, and they gave 8500 for my 06 explorer with 104K miles. 38K out the door.

Eddie

I paid invoice on all options and -500 on the base invoice. Not thrilled with my trade offer so I'll look into selling it myself during the wait...

Figured now would be a good time to sign up. Just put in my order for a Ruby Red Explorer Sport, 402A, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Tow Package. No dates or details yet but I'll post some updates as I get my timeline...

Congratulations on ordering, Ryan327! I'm happy to provide you with weekly updates on your Explorer's status; just send me a PM with your order number and dealer name. :)

Thanks!

Crystal

Thanks Crystal, I will shoot you that info and look forward to the follow ups! My order may not actually be in since they didn't take my down payment yet. They are supposed to call me tomorrow to get it!

Thanks Crystal, I will shoot you that info and look forward to the follow ups! My order may not actually be in since they didn't take my down payment yet. They are supposed to call me tomorrow to get it!

Sounds good, Ryan327. I'll keep an eye on my inbox for your message. :)

Crystal

Back