Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
...You will get out everyday..

...Rain or shine, it's wheeling time...:biggthump

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been keeping quiet about the Moab run, I didn't want to jinx myself, but it seems everything has worked out.

I will be arriving on the 8th, staying at the KOA (made my reservations at the end of Janurary :D). 1 for dinner.

I've been keeping quiet about the Moab run, I didn't want to jinx myself, but it seems everything has worked out.

I will be arriving on the 8th, staying at the KOA (made my reservations at the end of Janurary :D). 1 for dinner.

About time you said something. :)
See you there Unc!

Anybody have any input on Top of the world? Winch needed, dual lockers, etc...?

..I'm starting to worry since we haven't heard from Paul...

...I've heard those hills can turn a man strange if he is wandering round out there alone..:eek:

brando-Apocalypse-now.jpg

:D

33" MTR's W/Kevlar installed.
Locked in the rear.

Big Pack dog?

That would be locked at both ends and 35s.

What kind of rig are you running again?? I caught the post that said it's not a RBV, but I've never seen what it is:dunno:

About time you said something. :)
See you there Unc!

You should be just fine with 33s and the locked rear.

Alec did it in his 2wd Sport!! Have to say it was one of the craziest things I've seen... but he did it and didn't bust anything. Lot's of this:burnout:

Participant list update
Diff Whack Daddy - Explorer ----- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog------------- 1 for dinner
Albino 94LTD ------ Explorer -----Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Pack Dog ------- 1 for dinner
Jrgaylor ----------- BII --------- Adventure Inn ---- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog ------------ 1 for dinner
Toyota Jon -------- Toyota ----- Adventure Inn---- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner
James T ---------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 9th ---- Big Dog ------------ 2 for dinner
67truckguy ------- Explorer ------Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog? ----------- 2 for dinner
Paul -------------- Bronco III --- Canyonlands -----Arriving May 5th --- - Big Pack Dog ------ 1 for dinner
Rick -------------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands?---- Arriving May 9th------ Lead Big Dog ------ 2 for dinner
MrQ -------------- Explorer ----- KOA ------------ ? -------------------- Pack Dog ----------? for dinner
Kris Guilbeaux ----- Mountaineer - KOA ------------ ? -------------------- ? ----------------- 1 for dinner
MoabB2 ----------- BII --------- Canyonlands------ Arriving late may 9th- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner
GJarrett ---------- Passenger --- Silver Sage Inn --- Arriving May 8th----- Big Pack Dog ------ 1 for dinner
Randall ----------- Explorer ----- KOA -------------- Arriving May 8th---- Big Dog? ----------- 4-5 for dinner
offroader_69_me -- Explorer ----- ? ---------------- ? ------------------- Big Dog
Mrboyle -----------Toyota ------ Area BFE---------- Arriving May 9th ---- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner
NICEFORD59 ------ Explorer ----- KOA -------------- ? ------------------ Pack Dog? --------- 1 for dinner
Gmanpaint -------- FJ ---------- Big Horn Lodge ---- Arriving May 8th ---- Pack Dog ---------- 2 for dinner
Turdle ------------MIA ---------------------------------------------------------------------- You will be missed!!!
Suicide77 --------- Explorer ------Hotel-Camping----- Arriving May 8th---- Pack Dog ---------- 2 for dinner
Jjaganashi--------- Ranger--------no clue where im stayin ? -------------- Big Dog
Benji-Man --------- Explorer ----- Big Horn Lodge ---- Arriving May 9th --- Scrawny Pack Dog -- 2 for dinner
Tbars4 ----------- Explorer or Ranger??? ------------ Arriving ??????
Adamsbro2 ------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands ------- Arriving May 8th ----- Big Dog ----------- 2? for dinner
Kurupt ----------- Explorer ----- ??????????? ------- Arriving May 10th ---- Puppy Dog -------- 2 for dinner
Brian1------------ Explorer ------Primitive Camping--- Arriving May 9th ----- Pack Dog ---------- 1 for dinner
Christian Sturz -- Jeep----------- ???? -------------- Arriving May 10th ---- Pack Dog ---------- 1 for dinner

Maybe;
Birdy ------------- Explorer ----- KOA -------------- ? ------------------ Big Dog
duckhuntinkid - Explorer -
mojavexploder - Explorer -
JTX - Explorer -
offroadkc - Cheby - Canyonlands - Pack Dog?

Big Dog = locked and 35's or bigger
Big Pack Dog= 33's and locked
Pack Dog = 31's or bigger, maybe locked on one end
Puppy Dog= Stock with good working LS

Running dinner total 33

Here isthe tentative plan for the NW crew arriving early;
Monday - Strike Ravine
Tuesday - Kane Creek
Wednesday - Poison Spider Mesa/Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike
Thursday - Moab Rim
Friday through Sunday somewhat open but suggestions
- Elephant Hill
- Cliff Hanger
-Steel Bender
-Metal Masher
-Pritchett Canyon

Ok I have 6 for dinner....and im on 35s locked rear so IS that big dawg or big pack dawg worthy? And ill be arriving on the 9th

That would be locked at both ends and 35s.

What kind of rig are you running again?? I caught the post that said it's not a RBV, but I've never seen what it is:dunno:
Fj Cruiser :
3" Suspension lift
ARB Rear Locker
33" MTR's
Full compliment of skid plates
Dom Rock sliders
Johnny joint Dom Trailing arms
More clearance then the Black hole has on 35's.
Hella Black Magic 500's
Front & rear tow points
Full roof rack
Extreme high lift

The Bad is it still has stock bumpers, and no winch yet. :( Only been a month since I started to modify it tho. Think I did a pretty good job of it so far. :)

The PNW crew has arrived in Moab. Drinking beer and relaxing for the evening.

I did TOTW with just a TT shackles and 31's. Did great :D

Also since im arriving mid day thursday is moab rim an all day trail or will there be an afternoon evening run on another I can hit up

Depends on how far you want to go. The only time I have been on Moab Rim was a night run to the first overlook. It takes less than an hour to get there in a decently built rig. The best part about doing it in the dark is you don't have the whole fear of falling off a cliff bothering you since you can't see anything except where your lights are. :D

I need to pick up some spare hoses for my hydro assist and wire in some lights and I'll be ready to go. See everyone sometime Thursday. :bounce:

Depends on how far you want to go. The only time I have been on Moab Rim was a night run to the first overlook. It takes less than an hour to get there in a decently built rig. The best part about doing it in the dark is you don't have the whole fear of falling off a cliff bothering you since you can't see anything except where your lights are. :D

Im not sure where they are going just saw mention of that trail thursday morning and was wondering if there were plans for thursday night

From what I can see out the window a few high scattered high clouds

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back