LED Reverse Light Upgrade | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED Reverse Light Upgrade

I tried removing the (2) 8mm bolts but could not get the tail light to side out. Is there a trick to it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Once the bolts are out, pull firmly back. There is a clip at the front of the light assembly at the point. It feels like it will break, but it's just tight and will come out with a good pull.

yup just pull straight back. hard to grab from anywhere, I try to pry my fingers in at the front edge to push it back, and grab along the black edge in the tailgate jamb to pull it back.

I'm dumb, I just ordered these by mistake off of ebay. They will not fit my limited. didn't realize the sport has different back up lamps. Can somebody please buy them off of me? got them for $28.50 shipped. They will be new in unopened package. I can post a picture of package once i receive it

I'm dumb, I just ordered these by mistake off of ebay. They will not fit my limited. didn't realize the sport has different back up lamps. Can somebody please buy them off of me? got them for $28.50 shipped. They will be new in unopened package. I can post a picture of package once i receive it

They really don't have the same light size???? I ordered some also. Will check it out when they arrive.

What? Looking at the pics the taillights look 100% identical other than the sport taillights have a tint to the red portion. How did you determine there's a difference?

my 2011 limited has ps19w (h16) bulb.

that's strange. Is it a 2011 vs 2013 thing? It doesn't make a lot of sense to have a different bulb just in the sports, but I can see them changing it totally for all of 2013 for whatever the reason.

I might take them.
Send me a PM when they arrive.

Got ours in - should I have gotten four bulbs ?

will install this weekend - thanks !

dam you Josh:eek:
More money I got to spend............

How bout I just bring my truck to your house and you install all the LED's for me?;)

I purchased these on ebay because they were a bit cheaper and the seller had better feedback.

http://bit.ly/10FmWGo

They didn't work and the seller won't refund. I should have just spent the extra $10 on the lights you recommended. Now I have to open a dispute. Beware of this seller.

Got ours in - should I have gotten four bulbs ?

will install this weekend - thanks !

No we only have 1 reverse bulb per light. The other clear section is the turn signal. I swapped those to LED too....info is in another thread.

dam you Josh:eek:
More money I got to spend............

How bout I just bring my truck to your house and you install all the LED's for me?;)

lol sure thing! Order 'em up and swing on down....Explorer Sport Mod Party haha. Maybe we can hitup Etown afterwards lol

I purchased these on ebay because they were a bit cheaper and the seller had better feedback.

http://bit.ly/10FmWGo

They didn't work and the seller won't refund. I should have just spent the extra $10 on the lights you recommended. Now I have to open a dispute. Beware of this seller.

Yeah the down side to those ones is they don't have the perimeter LEDs that utilize the factory reflector to throw light to the sides as well instead of just straight back.

I hear ya though on returns, both sets of my fog light LEDs I tried didn't work, and both sellers are being a royal PITA on returns. The one guy wants to charge me a 20% restocking fee, when it's not my fault they don't f'ing fit an H11 when he advertised them as H11, and the other guy realized he can't accept returns since he uses a logistics center to ship for him in the US since he's in China, and he can't understand what I mean when I say one bulb works and one doesn't. I had to send him pics to show him one bulb doesn't work because he couldn't understand f'ing english! lol

but what I'm saying is I got four of the exact same bulbs in the box....

was that a shipping mistake ?

I was just expecting a pair, where would the other pair go ?

I ordered the leds by mistake. My limited has different bulbs than the sport. anybody want to take them off my hands for me? $25 shipped

I ordered the leds by mistake. My limited has different bulbs than the sport. anybody want to take them off my hands for me? $25 shipped

If you will ship to Ottawa, Canada K1B4L2 (by mail) i'm in no rush.

Then I will, PM me your paypal address for payment.

Thanks Brian

that's strange. Is it a 2011 vs 2013 thing? It doesn't make a lot of sense to have a different bulb just in the sports, but I can see them changing it totally for all of 2013 for whatever the reason.

I have a 2013 Limited. I just received mine and they fit with no issues. So there must be a difference in the 2011 model.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just noticed that the OP bought these bulb for a SPORT ..... i went ahead and bought them too, but i have an XLT .... are these gonna fit mine ?.... :( ... (daaang, i hate it when i dont read the WHOLE post ... )

Back