Brush Guard questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brush Guard questions

tylereckhart

Reaction score
City, State
Maryville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It won't fit without some modification - the 98 and 2001+ are quite different at the front (all over, really).

It won't fit without some modification - the 98 and 2001+ are quite different at the front (all over, really).

I assumed I would need to fabricate it but i am hoping it would only be about a $50 modification, any guesses on price range?

I bought a second gen (95-01) brush guard once when I had a third gen (02-05) and can tell you that it is not wide enough to even fit around the front, never mind fabricating something for the mounts.

For pretty much the same price you can get a new grill guard from hunter in chrome or black, for 250 or 200 bucks, respectively. I've owned my chrome guard from them for a year and a half now, and not only does it have not a spot of rust or discoloration but it survived a massive telephone collision - only had to buy a new headlight piece and slap it back on.

I bought a second gen (95-01) brush guard once when I had a third gen (02-05) and can tell you that it is not wide enough to even fit around the front, never mind fabricating something for the mounts.

For pretty much the same price you can get a new grill guard from hunter in chrome or black, for 250 or 200 bucks, respectively. I've owned my chrome guard from them for a year and a half now, and not only does it have not a spot of rust or discoloration but it survived a massive telephone collision - only had to buy a new headlight piece and slap it back on.

Thank you very much! That is definitely the route I will take, I really appreciate the help.

See what eBay has for prices too, not just the link I provided. Sometimes you can snag a slightly better deal there.

How about a 2003 Ford Ranger Brush Guard, I just keep coming accross them in my area for a lot cheaper than i could buy new and I would like to take advantage if at all possible.

How about a 2003 Ford Ranger Brush Guard, I just keep coming across them in my area for a lot cheaper than i could buy new and I would like to take advantage if at all possible.

Rangers and explorers really aren't interchangeable.

Back