What's been your experience with delivery times? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's been your experience with delivery times?

Fordgrl99

Reaction score
City, State
Unionville Center, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Cory and Crystal have been FANTASTIC giving me updates on my order....but what has been everyone's actual experience with delivery times....how long after production to dealer? I ordered 4/5, got VIN on 5/22 with a blend date of 5/31. Was advised 5/28 that it was in production and today was told it has rolled off the line and is getting ready to start moving to the dealer! Original delivery date was 6/14 and I'm wondering if is going to make that date....I'm hoping for a couple days earlier as I'd love to drive it to my family reunion on the 15th! I live in central Ohio...so really not TOO far from Chicago...right?? LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also ordered on 4/5. The build date was 5/24. My original ETA was 6/19. Called FORD CS a few days later and they gave me an ETA of 6/6. On Fri. i spoke to the dealer who said it should be delivered 6/5. Today, he called and said it was already on the truck from Buffalo to PA and may be here tomorrow.

One can only hope !

I also ordered on 4/5. The build date was 5/24. My original ETA was 6/19. Called FORD CS a few days later and they gave me an ETA of 6/6. On Fri. i spoke to the dealer who said it should be delivered 6/5. Today, he called and said it was already on the truck from Buffalo to PA and may be here tomorrow.

One can only hope !

Thanks for the info! Here's hoping yours arrives soon!

Picked it up today (6/4)

mine was delivered one day after ETA, not ready for pickup until the next, so + 2 on mine

I ordered on 4-3-2013 and still not here yet but dealer thinks maybe 3 more days.

Cory and Crystal have been FANTASTIC giving me updates on my order...
I really appreciate the kind words, Fordgrl99!

Picked it up today (6/4)
mine was delivered one day after ETA...
jfp202 & Ryan327,

Congrats! You’ll be able to post pics soon. :thumbsup:

I ordered on 4-3-2013 and still not here yet but dealer thinks maybe 3 more days.
That’s what my tracker shows, JanB. The ETA is 6/10/2013, but that’s still subject to change.

Cory

Thanks Cory. You and Crystal have been awesome with all of your quick responses and updates. Thanks for letting me know you show the 10th now.

I recently found one that was on its way to the OK City area... the only one I could find with the options I want. Build date is 5/8/13... Still have not received it yet. Dealer says Ford has all their vehicles on Lock Down at the OK City rail yard. Was told today that they are starting to unload, but having to check through 1200 vehicles for any damage... fingers are crossed they can deliver early next week.

Wow oh wow oh wow!! Completely unexpected but the dealer called yesterday morning and the Ex had just been delivered! I was able to take ownership last night!!! Woohoo...been enjoying the new ride all day...although its gonna take me years to learn everything on it!! LOL. Absolutely worth my wait!

And another big THANK YOU to Cory and Crystal for the excellent updates!

I recently found one that was on its way to the OK City area... the only one I could find with the options I want. Build date is 5/8/13... Still have not received it yet. Dealer says Ford has all their vehicles on Lock Down at the OK City rail yard. Was told today that they are starting to unload, but having to check through 1200 vehicles for any damage... fingers are crossed they can deliver early next week.

That does sound ominous....here's sending you my good luck at finally getting mine...maybe it will rub off for you. ;). Keep us updated!

I am picking up my Explorer tomorrow 6-9-2013. First new car in 10 years! Hope this one lasts that long.

I am picking up my Explorer tomorrow 6-9-2013. First new car in 10 years! Hope this one lasts that long.

That's awesome!! I'm Ford through and through so I have no doubt it will last you that long or longer!! Enjoy!

I recently found one that was on its way to the OK City area... the only one I could find with the options I want. Build date is 5/8/13... Still have not received it yet...
abarli65,

Drop me a line via PM with the VIN and I’ll gladly check on the status. :)

...And another big THANK YOU to Cory and Crystal for the excellent updates!
You’re very welcome, Fordgrl99!

I am picking up my Explorer tomorrow 6-9-2013. First new car in 10 years!...
JanB,

Congratulations! I’m sure everyone here wants to see pics. :thumbsup:

Cory

mine was 9 weeks exactly from order day to my driveway

Got word this morning from my dealer that my sport was released and should be at the dealer ready for delivery by tomorrow or Monday.

It is in!! will pickup asahp

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First picture.

Loved my drive home. (2 hours)

868DFC9F-3F8D-4D20-89FA-CB452A77A9BA-9972-000002E3AB36DF8B_zps6ce11694.jpg

Back