2014 Sport order status anyone? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Sport order status anyone?

Hello Bosoxs1969 - Scroll up to posting #11 above (look in right hand top corner for post #) for "FordCustSrvc" posting. Click on their address and send a PM (private message) to these folks (Either Cory or Chrystal will respond - and they are great about doing so !). They will need the Order number and Dealer ID number from the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation) print out the dealer should have given you when you placed the order. With this information they can determine what is going on at the factory with your order. Hope this helps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey gang!

As you know, Cory has been helping out while I've been busy with other projects. Just a reminder that if you're ready for an update on your order's status, all you need to do is send a PM our way with either your order number/dealer name or VIN. We'll do the rest!

Have an awesome week. :)

Crystal

Wow

You ordered on 6/1 (original post) and it will be at dealer next week? Awesome

Hello Bosoxs1969 - Scroll up to posting #11 above (look in right hand top corner for post #) for "FordCustSrvc" posting. Click on their address and send a PM (private message) to these folks (Either Cory or Chrystal will respond - and they are great about doing so !). They will need the Order number and Dealer ID number from the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation) print out the dealer should have given you when you placed the order. With this information they can determine what is going on at the factory with your order. Hope this helps.

Ordered my 2014 Explorer Sport on 5/25....still no vin number from dealer. How long has it been taking everyone for the VIN?

You ordered on 6/1 (original post) and it will be at dealer next week? Awesome

I actually ordered a loooong time ago. I ordered a 2013 Sport and Ford stopped production. So I had to wait for the 2014's to be built. I think I've been waiting three months. I try not to think too much about how long I've been waiting. It tends to drive me a little crazy.

Spoke with my dealer yesterday. My new Explorer should hopefully be in sometime next week. :thumbsup:
My tracker shows the same thing, jdcarter625! The ETA to the dealer is currently next Friday, but that date is still subject to change.

Ordered my 2014 Explorer Sport on 5/25....still no vin number from dealer...
dalowe74,

Welcome! The time frame for getting a VIN assigned varies. Send me a PM with your VIN and/or order number + dealer code and I’ll research it. :D

Must have sent some grease (aka $$$) to Cory and Crystal to pull that off! :)
I’ve worked at Ford for four years and never took a bribe, jetpilot747. :nono:

Cory

I’ve worked at Ford for four years and never took a bribe, jetpilot747. :nono:

Cory[/QUOTE]

Ah, what fun is that!

Joking aside, its much appreciated the personal tracking and prompt updates on our orders. This is great customer service! We see you guys on the forums here working hard to resolve issues on the other threads, so after the purchase support will be strong too I can tell. I've never owned a vehicle that had never had some issues in its life, and I think its an unreasonable expectation to think there won't be with a sophisticated car, so its good to know Ford supports its products like that. Keep up the good work!

[/QUOTE]
Joking aside, its much appreciated the personal tracking and prompt updates on our orders. This is great customer service! We see you guys on the forums here working hard to resolve issues on the other threads, so after the purchase support will be strong too I can tell. I've never owned a vehicle that had never had some issues in its life, and I think its an unreasonable expectation to think there won't be with a sophisticated car, so its good to know Ford supports its products like that. Keep up the good work![/QUOTE]

I agree with this. It's great customer relations!!!

My tracker shows the same thing, jdcarter625! The ETA to the dealer is currently next Friday, but that date is still subject to change.

This gets my hopes up! Unfortunately I travel a tremendous amount for work and it generally works that things like this (our 14 explorer) show up just before or right after I depart for a month + ! With any luck we will see ours in July when Im home!

-Coop

Window Sticker?

My Sport is scheduled for the first week of July (according to Cory). Just wondering if anyone with the same production week has been able to view their window sticker yet. I know they don't usually become available until right around the time of production, but I thought I would check.

I agree with this. It's great customer relations!!!
I really appreciate it, jdcarter625!

This gets my hopes up!...With any luck we will see ours in July when Im home!...
Coop,

My fingers are crossed. :D Drop me a line when you want an update.

My Sport is scheduled for the first week of July (according to Cory). Just wondering if anyone with the same production week has been able to view their window sticker yet...
I’m glad to help, Sunny419. Start checking at the beginning of July for your window sticker link. Here it is, just in case:

Code:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN Here>

Cory

I got my VIN today but no status. A start.

Me too......so from VIN number to delivery, what's been those that ordered Sports experience on time frame?

Also, from VIN to window sticker.....what's that time frame?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Obviously this is not a "straight line" process - as some with later order dates are getting VINs and build schedules earlier than others (with earlier order dates). My guess is it has to do with two things, the dealer's size/allocation and grouping of similar optioned builds together. With that said (and for my order), it was about a month from VIN receipt to "scheduled" build completion and according to my dealer - about two weeks more for ETA to dealership. So, about 6 weeks total. Please note that I don't have anything yet - this is only the schedule. In real time, my order should be built sometime between the end of next week and the first week of July - and I am not able to create a window sticker yet (apparently still not close enough to the build date)

Lastly, if you look at the sequence number portion of the VIN (last 5 digits) you can visit some dealers web sites and find a couple of different window stickers (which have the build date on them) and with a little math estimate when your order will be built. I did this after I got my VIN and it matched up within a few days of the schedule that was subsequently provided. Hope this helps address your question.

Back