2014 Sport order status anyone? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Sport order status anyone?

Obviously this is not a "straight line" process - as some with later order dates are getting VINs and build schedules earlier than others (with earlier order dates). My guess is it has to do with two things, the dealer's size/allocation and grouping of similar optioned builds together. With that said (and for my order), it was about a month from VIN receipt to "scheduled" build completion and according to my dealer - about two weeks more for ETA to dealership. So, about 6 weeks total. Please note that I don't have anything yet - this is only the schedule. In real time, my order should be built sometime between the end of next week and the first week of July - and I am not able to create a window sticker yet (apparently still not close enough to the build date)

Lastly, if you look at the sequence number portion of the VIN (last 5 digits) you can visit some dealers web sites and find a couple of different window stickers (which have the build date on them) and with a little math estimate when your order will be built. I did this after I got my VIN and it matched up within a few days of the schedule that was subsequently provided. Hope this helps address your question.

"Lastly, if you look at the sequence number portion of the VIN (last 5 digits) you can visit some dealers web sites and find a couple of different window stickers (which have the build date on them) and with a little math estimate when your order will be built."

Which dealers web sites do this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I noticed if you got to Ford's website for explorer, do the search dealer inventory option, it will pull all the filtered Explorers in my Zip Code for all dealers. That way you don't have to go to a dealers website. VIN is under each one that comes up, then if you select one, it gives you the dealer name at the bottom and also a link to click to pull up the window sticker which has the Blend Date along the top. Pretty easy to search and do research.

Just out of curiosity, how many canadians have ordered a 14 sport and received a VIN?

I ordered 5/19 and I'm still waiting. Was told 6-8 weeks(from start of June) for delivery and now I'm super worried its not going to be here for my vacation/road trip.

From experience, can anyone give me an ETA from the time they took delivery from the time the VIN was issued? Cheers.

Just out of curiosity, how many canadians have ordered a 14 sport and received a VIN?

I ordered 5/19 and I'm still waiting. Was told 6-8 weeks(from start of June) for delivery and now I'm super worried its not going to be here for my vacation/road trip.

From experience, can anyone give me an ETA from the time they took delivery from the time the VIN was issued? Cheers.

I think I'm a little over two months after my VIN was issued. I was supposed to receive my Ex last week and then again yesterday. Still nothing though. I really wish Ford could give you a better tracker. Walmart can track a box of cereal, but Ford can't give an update on where exactly a car is sitting?

I think I'm a little over two months after my VIN was issued. I was supposed to receive my Ex last week and then again yesterday. Still nothing though. I really wish Ford could give you a better tracker. Walmart can track a box of cereal, but Ford can't give an update on where exactly a car is sitting?

That does not sound promising JD! When did you order and where do u live?

Cheers

WT

I got word today that my explorer is in & I will be picking it up after work tomorrow. I am definitely excited as I've been waiting since the end of March...

I got word today that my explorer is in & I will be picking it up after work tomorrow. I am definitely excited as I've been waiting since the end of March...

Super psyched for you mate. Thats a long wait, where are you located Trappie?

I took delivery of my 2014 Sport today. It's sweet ride.

It felt like I was never going to get the car. I ordered it almost a month ago. My situation was a little bit different though. I actually ordered a 2013. I waited about 2-3 weeks and then was told that they were going to stop building 2013's. Then I had to wait for 14's to be built. It's been a loooong wait, but I'm excited to have the car.

Super psyched for you mate. Thats a long wait, where are you located Trappie?

I'm located in Edmonton, AB. I too had also ordered the 2013, which is why I had to wait so long too.

I took delivery of my 2014 Sport today. It's sweet ride.

It felt like I was never going to get the car. I ordered it almost a month ago. My situation was a little bit different though. I actually ordered a 2013. I waited about 2-3 weeks and then was told that they were going to stop building 2013's. Then I had to wait for 14's to be built. It's been a loooong wait, but I'm excited to have the car.

Wow! That is unbelievable. I ordered my 2014 OVER 2 MONTHS ago and its not being built till nearly the end of July, yet this customer ordered his a month ago and already has it.

Ford Customer Service......can you let Ford folks know how disappointing that is to hear. What happened to First In First Out????

First in first out is not how the Ford or the Chicago Assembly Plant order to build system works.

When I was there I saw Lincoln MKZ's, Explorers, Taurus's, and Police Interceptor Sedans/Utilities all mixed and heading down the line. They were producing approx 60 vehicles an hour, and were adding a Saturday shift to keep up with demand.

A vehicle build may play a roll in how your vehicle is scheduled. Say you chose a certain option grouping and there was a delay in a particular part that your vehicle needs. They wont hold the line until your parts come in.

Perhaps a part supplier had a delay in moonroof glass, so any build with a power moonroof gets behind the non moonroof builds. Just an example.

Then there are other builds going down the line. I know that recently the United Arab Emirates National Police Force ordered several thousand Police Interceptor Utilities. So they get priority builds so they can be shipped overseas.

When big Agencies like LASD, CHP, and LAPD order 1000+ Utilities, they get priority.

Many different factors play a role in order to build scheduling.

First in first out is not how the Ford or the Chicago Assembly Plant order to build system works.

When I was there I saw Lincoln MKZ's, Explorers, Taurus's, and Police Interceptor Sedans/Utilities all mixed and heading down the line. They were producing approx 60 vehicles an hour, and were adding a Saturday shift to keep up with demand.

A vehicle build may play a roll in how your vehicle is scheduled. Say you chose a certain option grouping and there was a delay in a particular part that your vehicle needs. They wont hold the line until your parts come in.

Perhaps a part supplier had a delay in moonroof glass, so any build with a power moonroof gets behind the non moonroof builds. Just an example.

Then there are other builds going down the line. I know that recently the United Arab Emirates National Police Force ordered several thousand Police Interceptor Utilities. So they get priority builds so they can be shipped overseas.

When big Agencies like LASD, CHP, and LAPD order 1000+ Utilities, they get priority.

Many different factors play a role in order to build scheduling.

Thanks mate. I already felt that pinch when the Edmonton police force gobbled up all the cities 2013 Ex sports. After that people were putting serious cash down for whatever could be found. I couldn't get my hands on one so I opted to order a 2014. 6 weeks later I received a phone call from another dealer with a 2013 sport.... Pissa!

Cool, who was your dealer?

I have a family friend that works out of Cold Lake, so I went thru him. It was a long drive, but well worth it. I got to see how it really handles on the highway. I will let you all know now, that it's a great vehicle & you'll love it, IMHO.

I have a family friend that works out of Cold Lake, so I went thru him. It was a long drive, but well worth it. I got to see how it really handles on the highway. I will let you all know now, that it's a great vehicle & you'll love it, IMHO.

Itching for it! Enjoy the ride.. what colour did you get? I'm getting the Silver and might paint the callipers. I'll look out for you.

Itching for it! Enjoy the ride.. what colour did you get? I'm getting the Silver and might paint the callipers. I'll look out for you.

I got the white platinum tri coat, with black interior, & it looks awesome :)

JDCarter625,

Where are you located? Just trying to figure out how long it may take to get ours to get to DC Metro (ordered ours in May, build is this Sat 7/13)

Thanks, Brian

I took delivery of my 2014 Sport today. It's sweet ride...
I got word today that my explorer is in & I will be picking it up after work tomorrow...
Congrats on your Explorers coming in, jdcarter625 and Trappie! I’m sure everyone is excited for pictures. :chug:

...Many different factors play a role in order to build scheduling.
Sgt1411,

Thanks for the great run-down! :)

Itching for it!...
I’m keeping a close eye on your order for any movement, WillieTell. Keep up the weekly check-ins via PM. :D

...Just trying to figure out how long it may take to get ours to get to DC Metro (ordered ours in May, build is this Sat 7/13)...
Brian,

My tracker confirms your order is still rolling right along. The ETA to the dealer doesn’t normally update until after production, so shoot me a PM next week. :thumbsup:

Cory

Cory,

Oh don't worry...Lori will be sure to ping you next week ;-)

Thanks, B

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back