2014 Explorer Limited ordered July 2nd 2013 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Limited ordered July 2nd 2013

jsedzzz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer limited
Hello everyone.....I placed an order yesterday for a 2014 limited 301A with trailer tow pkg, crossbars, captains chairs with console, polished wheels and bliss with inflatable seat belts.....I have the order number and would love to be able to track it.....also does anyone know if the captains chairs in the 2nd row are heated on the 2014? This forum helped me a ton make my decision to order.. thanks everyone

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello everyone.....I placed an order yesterday for a 2014 limited 301A with trailer tow pkg, crossbars, captains chairs with console, polished wheels and bliss with inflatable seat belts.....I have the order number and would love to be able to track it.....also does anyone know if the captains chairs in the 2nd row are heated on the 2014? This forum helped me a ton make my decision to order.. thanks everyone

Yes, second row bucket seats are heated on the Limited for '14.

thanks Riley....the salesman couldnt tell me that yesterday but I had a good feeling that they were heated based on what I have read here.

...I have the order number and would love to be able to track it...

Hi jsedzzz.

Congrats on your order! :party:

I'd be more than happy to give you weekly updates on your order status. Just shoot me a PM with your order number and dealer code (they'll both be listed on your paperwork) and I'll get to tracking. :)

Ashley

Decided to change my order to the tri-coat white and also order with no front liscence plate holder. My salesman is checking to see if its too late to change.

Did you hear back from the dealer about no front plate holder? I ordered a sport on July 1st, and hadn't given that a second thought until now.

Yes....the salesman said he changed the order to read no front plate holder. We shall see....

Cool. I'll give them a call :) I suspect both our orders will be built on the same day. It will be interesting to note if there are any differences in our respective experiences.

Got good news from Cory today...I received a ViN # and he said it looks like it will be built the end of the month!!!! Sooner than I expected....thanks Cory for checking up on it! How do I find out the scheduled build date?

Got good news from Cory today...I received a ViN # and he said it looks like it will be built the end of the month!!!! Sooner than I expected....thanks Cory for checking up on it! How do I find out the scheduled build date?

Once you can see your Window Sticker, look at the top line. You will see a "Blend" number which starts with a 1 followed by 2013 (year), (Month), (Date)

Example:120130719 (July 19, 2013)

How do I get my window sticker ? When does it usually show up?

my salesman just called to say that my explorer is scheduled to be at his dealership sometime the week of August 5th.....thats in the 4-5 week range from when I ordered....I got to get my shark fin ordered....and floor mats too...I was thinking 8 weeks, so this is quick..

my salesman just called to say that my explorer is scheduled to be at his dealership sometime the week of August 5th.....thats in the 4-5 week range from when I ordered....I got to get my shark fin ordered....and floor mats too...I was thinking 8 weeks, so this is quick..

It's getting close, jsedzzz! Shoot me a PM when you're ready for an update on your Explorer's status. :)

Crystal

Sports apparently take a bit longer :) I guess that is no surprise though. Still waiting on my VIN 3 weeks after the order was placed.

Got my window sticker today....build date is 08/02/2013....shark fin is in the mail

Explorer had arrived

My dealer called last night and my explorer has arrived! I am picking it up later today.
Timeline:
1) ordered July 2nd
2) built August 2nd
3) arrived at dealer August 6th

I am very happy with the process so far....can't wait to see it in person !!

My dealer called last night and my explorer has arrived! I am picking it up later today.
Timeline:
1) ordered July 2nd
2) built August 2nd
3) arrived at dealer August 6th

I am very happy with the process so far....can't wait to see it in person !!

I'm so happy for you, jsedzzz! I can't wait to see some pictures of your new Explorer; once you get enough of that new car smell, be sure to come back here and check in with us. ;)

Crystal

Back