• Register Today It's free!

Once again

Campoli

Reaction score
City, State
Dingmans Ferry PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
I can't get a eat of shackle to frame bushings at all I call and either get a disconnected # or they don't carry it I need to know where I can get the damn bushings all I want is the shackle to frame

Please don't sen me a link in the forum I've called them all
I need to k ow what years will work and from what other vehicles will work
I have a 2000 XLS and its begging me to install these war 153's and i just can't get the bushings I don't even know if I need them but when I tried to remove the old they seemed pretty tight in there and I'd like to have them on hand just in case

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

????

Short answer.. 1995 to 2001 is your corss reference for the Leaf spring bushings.. LMCTruck carries those.. (I just checked their catalog).

I haven't looked for (its not in the LMC catalog picture) or know for sure if your cutoff date is 1995 for the Leaf spring to Frame bushing. I would expect the Frame to Shackle bushing to be the same from 1991 to 2001 but I'm not 100% positive on that.

~Mark

Edit: a quick google search found me this info from http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/502224-rear-frame-shackle-bushings-help-please.html
I finally found the solution. The bushings are the same size as the rear bushings in the leaf springs. I ordered some from the dealer. The outer tube is not needed for the frame.
This site has the correct size also ... www.explorerexpress.com Part #ES42128G
Quick reply from them as to the size of the bushings , which is impressive as the cost is minimal for these and they still took the time to measure them for me. But I already figured out the solution before their e-mail was recieved and ordered them from a local dealer. I will remember them for future purchases for sure.
The ES42128G bushings are 1.375 dia and 3 inches wide effective length.
No idea how accurate that is though..

Lmc gave me the run around ill have to call again I guess

Lmc gave me the run around ill have to call again I guess

The front spring mount bushings are 50-5386

The Rears are 50-5383 (need 2 per side). and the sleeve for inside the rear bushings are 50-5385 (1 per side).

I got those from page 79 from the LMCtruck : 1991-2005 Ford Explorer Catalog (online).

I don't know if they will really work for the frame/shackle mount but that other post I found from the other forum said it would.

~Mark

I don't know if I can trust it ugh ill keep searching

If you find the right answer (or prove that above is right or wrong) post back.. As our trucks get older I'm sure more people will run into this..

~Mark

https://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/

Right here guy is cool it's him and his son
They aren't poly either so they'll last more than a year
Steel sleeve then rubber then a steel sleeve eyelet
$28.98 each

Back