2014 Sport order status anyone? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Sport order status anyone?

Got my window sticker this morning (07/12). Shows a build date for 07/19. Actually, this old man is starting to feel like a kid :)

Ordered: 04/26
First Build Date for 2014 Explorers: 06/03
Vin Issued: 06/14
Window Sticker: 07/12
Projected Build Date: 07/19

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unhappy

Got my window sticker this morning (07/12). Shows a build date for 07/19. Actually, this old man is starting to feel like a kid :)

Projected Build Date: 07/19

That kinda pisses me off! My dealer gave me a 6-8 weeks for delivery from the build date of 06/03 and your stats suggest I won't see my car until middle to end of August as I still don't have a VIN! So much for buying a car for a family road trip. Boo!

Here is my experience so far.

Ordered: 4/18
2014 production starts 6/3
VIN provided : 6/13
Window Sticker showed up : 6/27
Blend Data : 7/10 (assumed build finish date)
ETA to dealer: 8/4

It will be close to 16 weeks it would appear before I get mine delivered from the order date.

My Order History

Here is my experience so far:

Ordered: 6-7-13
VIN provided : 6-27-13
Window Sticker showed up : 7-11-13
Blend Data : 7-16-13 :D
ETA to dealer: 8-14-13
Delivered: :D 7-31-13 :D

This is what I got

Ordered - 5/13
VIN - 6/21
Window Sticker - 7/9
Build date - 7/16
ETA - 8/3 (Dealer provided - Don't know if it makes a difference but I live a little over an hour from the plant)

This is what I got

Ordered - 5/13
VIN - 6/21
Window Sticker - 7/9
Build date - 7/16
ETA - 8/3 (Dealer provided - Don't know if it makes a difference but I live a little over an hour from the plant)

My Sport arrived at the dealer today and I am picking it up on Friday!!

This is what I got

Ordered - 5/13
VIN - 6/21
Window Sticker - 7/9
Build date - 7/16

My Sport arrived at the dealer today and I am picking it up on Friday!!

So was that build date wrong? Is it possible it's built one day and at the dealer the next for delivery?

For my part my '14 sport was ordered on 7/5 and I got the DORA (after the weekend) on 7/8. In standby mode for the Ex now but have already started ordering aftermarket mods based on all the great ideas on the forum.

This is what I got

Ordered - 5/13
VIN - 6/21
Window Sticker - 7/9
Build date - 7/16

So was that build date wrong? Is it possible it's built one day and at the dealer the next for delivery?

It completed production on 7/16 and rode the truck over yesterday to the dealer. So dealership location to the plant obviously makes a difference.

Hi gang!

Shoot me a PM when you're ready for news on your order's status; I'm always happy to take a peek! If we haven't been in contact before, be sure to include your order number/dealership name in your PM. If you have your VIN, I can use that, too!

Crystal

It completed production on 7/16 and rode the truck over yesterday to the dealer. So dealership location to the plant obviously makes a difference.

WOW! "makes a difference" is an understatement!! Congrats on getting yours and without waiting for a train or truck! (for me add a boat).

My friend just got his yesterday as well, first 2014 Sport in the state...

Picked my Sport up yesterday. Thank you Cory, Crystal, Ashley for keeping me informed.

For all you new people. Here is my history. Just remember June 3rd was the first day of 2014 production. Doesn't matter if you ordered a 2014 in April or May

Build Date: 07/19
Projected Delivery Date: 08/09
Actual Delivery Date 07/31

Ordered a 2014 sport

Can anyone let me know about tracking ?

Can anyone let me know about tracking my order

the dealer order is r015 and the vin is 1fm5k8gt3ega47208

thanks
howie

PM Crystal... she is about 3 posts above you in this thread.

Here are my final numbers. After 15 weeks, I picked mine up last Friday.

I ordered a 2014 Sport about 7 weeks before production started, so it sits around 8 weeks after production started before I received mine. So we knew we were in for along wait since we were during the model year cut over time frame. Shipping out West appears to take longer comparing to others who were built around the same time as mine, but not too bad.

Ordered: 04/18
Vin Issued: 06/13
Window Sticker: 06/27
Build Date: 07/10
Projected Delivery Date: 08/06
Actual Delivery Date 08/02 w/ 20 miles on it.

Initial impressions are good, fit and finish appear very good. MFT is really neat. The Ruby Red paint is really nice color. The only thing that I noticed is that on all four rims there is a black ring near the edge of the rim near the tire. Can't tell if it was from the tire mounting process or some covers on the rims from shipping. I waxed the rims but really couldn't get the black ring off, some of it goes through the "Sport" word that is on one section. I'll keep trying to get that off, but otherwise it looks fine, you have to look close to notice it. The car drives quiet, smooth and tons of power, it meets our expectations so far.

Thanks to Crystal, Cory and Ashley who answered the mail and tracked it for me!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered: 7/1
Vin: ~7/31
Window sticker: ~8/1
Blend date: 8/8
ETA: 9/3 (pending update).

The anticipation is getting irritating. I'm getting f'all done at work :)

Back