$2000 Retail Customer Cash for Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

$2000 Retail Customer Cash for Explorer

hottina

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
The current incentive in the Milwaukee area is $2000 Retail Customer Cash. Does the "retail" mean you won't get the $2000 off the price if your leasing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The current incentive in the Milwaukee area is $2000 Retail Customer Cash. Does the "retail" mean you won't get the $2000 off the price if your leasing?
I believe it applies to both purchase and lease. By 'retail' I think they mean that the vehicle has to be bought from dealer inventory. If you have to order it, then I don't believe the incentive applies. As the note says;
1.Program #12376:Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 09/30/2013. Not all Explorer models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details.

Peter

I believe it applies to both purchase and lease. By 'retail' I think they mean that the vehicle has to be bought from dealer inventory. If you have to order it, then I don't believe the incentive applies. As the note says;
1.Program #12376:Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 09/30/2013. Not all Explorer models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details.

Peter

If you order it and the vehicle is to the dealer by 9/30/13 and you pay for by then, you will get the $2000. At least that's how mine worked when I ordered them. The retail means you are purchasing (or using a different bank), not financing through the Ford program.

The lease program current states that you need to contact your dealer. So Ford is not officially offering this to new leases.

Click the "Lease" tab:
http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/incentives/

If you order it and the vehicle is to the dealer by 9/30/13 and you pay for by then, you will get the $2000. At least that's how mine worked when I ordered them. The retail means you are purchasing (or using a different bank), not financing through the Ford program.

The lease program current states that you need to contact your dealer. So Ford is not officially offering this to new leases.

Click the "Lease" tab:
That is where I got the info about 'Take new retail delivery from dealer stock'. I wasn't sure if you ordered a vehicle that it would be considered as being dealer stock.

I looks like the 'Employee Pricing' promo that just ended is the one that offers the biggest discount to the general public of any that they have during the year.

Peter

If you order it and the vehicle is to the dealer by 9/30/13 and you pay for by then, you will get the $2000.

Unless something has changed since I ordered last year, many dealers participate in Ford's incentive protection program, which allows you to lock in most incentives at the time that you order. You get whichever is better--the incentives at time of order or those at time of delivery. If you order, ask whether your dealer whether the incentives are protected.

Unless something has changed since I ordered last year, many dealers participate in Ford's incentive protection program, which allows you to lock in most incentives at the time that you order. You get whichever is better--the incentives at time of order or those at time of delivery. If you order, ask whether your dealer whether the incentives are protected.
When I ordered mine in Dec. 2010 I received the 'Early Order' incentive plus the incentive that was in place when I took delivery. Came to $2000.

Peter

Click the "Lease" tab:

This looks like the $2000 won't apply to mine as it's a lease. The dealer stated $750 is the current lease incentive.

Ford classifies orders in 3 categories, Retail, Fleet and Dealer inventory ( to sit on their lot). Unless you are buying a bunch of vehicles at a time to get fleet pricing, everyone falls under Retail.

However leasing doesn't always allow the same rebates. That is what the dealer can tell you.

If you order, your dealer can lock the $2,000 rebate in so you get it if the vehicle comes in after it expires.

Hi gang,

Questions about incentives are best addressed by your sales rep; give them a call and I'm sure they'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. For inquiries about available incentives, test drives, or brochures, our Marketing Program Headquarters is a great resource. They can be reached at 1-800-334-4375. If you'd prefer, you can reach out to our marketing agents on Twitter via our verified @FordService account.

Crystal

thanks

Hi gang,

Questions about incentives are best addressed by your sales rep; give them a call and I'm sure they'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. For inquiries about available incentives, test drives, or brochures, our Marketing Program Headquarters is a great resource. They can be reached at 1-800-334-4375. If you'd prefer, you can reach out to our marketing agents on Twitter via our verified @FordService account.

Crystal

Thanks!

Hi gang,

Crystal

No offense Crystal (I know you are doing what you are supposed to) but the Marketing Program HQ will only tell someone the current rebates. They will just refer the customer back to the dealer to "best answer their questions". And I would be willing to bet 80% of the dealers don't even know about the rebate lock program that Ford has been running for over 3 years now.

Again, not trying to be negative and I know you are doing what you are paid to do but a lot of times referring the customer to the dealer for information (not talking about warranty issues) will just make things worse.. They are generally not the best resource for information and know less then most of the people on here who take pride in knowing the ins and outs of our Explorer.

And I would be willing to bet 80% of the dealers don't even know about the rebate lock program that Ford has been running for over 3 years now.

I know when I ordered mine the dealer specifically told me that I would get whatever insentive was in place at time of delivery and not time of order.

I know when I ordered mine the dealer specifically told me that I would get whatever insentive was in place at time of delivery and not time of order.

And that is why we can't go to our dealers either. It is absurd that dealers can't be upfront with customers OR be knowledgeable about Ford's programs.

Although it says "2012", it is still a current program.. I had a copy of the 2013 version but it got deleted by me on accident.

2013-02-02_19-39-23_171_zps9e0d32a2.jpg

Back