looks like I'll only have the explorer for 2 more days | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

looks like I'll only have the explorer for 2 more days

harlenm

Reaction score
City, State
Shelton, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited(lemon swap)
Test drove the Infiniti jx35/qx60 this afternoon. Was really nice, quiet and smooth.

Trying to figure out pricing, but I'm picking one up tomorrow for a 24 hour test drive.

The sliding 2nd row is a nice feature, and being able to access the 3rd row without taking out the car seat is awesome.

Probably going to take one of the leftover 2013 jx35s that they have on the lot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sucks that things didn't work out for you, but I hope you are happy with your new ride! Post a pic before you go!

Did you have more problems after the Lemon Swap 2013 arrived?

Test drove the Infiniti jx35/qx60 this afternoon. Was really nice, quiet and smooth.

Trying to figure out pricing, but I'm picking one up tomorrow for a 24 hour test drive.

The sliding 2nd row is a nice feature, and being able to access the 3rd row without taking out the car seat is awesome.

Probably going to take one of the leftover 2013 jx35s that they have on the lot.

Sucks to see you jump ship man!:D:) So while i am sure i read some of the issues can you give us a recap (nothing long) about the issues. Or perhaps i'll use the search if its too much. This may go nicely for anyone curious to why switching.

Nothing personal but i just took a look at the JX35 and it looks almost like an Enclave (looks). All things equal i think the EX looks more of a beast IMO. I can respect your decision though.

Did you have more problems after the Lemon Swap 2013 arrived?

Nothing major, just constant nagging things like various rattles, the AC issue, MFT glitches.

Plus the 3rd row is useless. No way to get into it with car seats installed, plus I have the buttons disconnected because I was constantly hitting them while loading the car up.

Easy access to the 3rd row in the JX35 is a huge selling point. Plus, there are dual TV's in the 2nd row, which is nice.

You sure about that?
The videos I've seen show that the seat tilts forward when it slides...
Meaning you wouldn't be able to keep a car seat in it if it's tilting forward (at least not if your car seat is snug as it should be)

Maybe it can slide without tilting, I just haven't seen that...

I have dual TV screens in my 2011. Factory option, each has it's own player or both can watch the same. I just turned 36k miles with no issues compared to my '09 Enclave which had many. I rarely use the 3rd row, though, but without the console it's pretty easy for kids to get back there without even tilting the seats.

I have dual TV screens in my 2011. Factory option, each has it's own player or both can watch the same. I just turned 36k miles with no issues compared to my '09 Enclave which had many. I rarely use the 3rd row, though, but without the console it's pretty easy for kids to get back there without even tilting the seats.

There are no Ford factory dvd systems.

It's all a dealer add on accessory.

Your 2 days are almost up. I'm sure everyone is sitting on the edge of their seats wondering what you are going to get. :D
What ever one you decide on, I hope that you'll be happy with it. Too bad you had such a bad experience (X2) with Ford and the Explorer.

Peter

There are no Ford factory dvd systems.

It's all a dealer add on accessory.

I understand Ford does not manufacture the system, but it came in a box inside the car with a Ford part number, to be dealer installed. Already built into new headrests, but needed to be wired into the existing harness. Covered under Ford's warranty. Maybe they changed since 2011 MY? Fairly expensive option.

I understand Ford does not manufacture the system, but it came in a box inside the car with a Ford part number, to be dealer installed. Already built into new headrests, but needed to be wired into the existing harness. Covered under Ford's warranty. Maybe they changed since 2011 MY? Fairly expensive option.

I didn't think it's covered under Ford's warranty, it says "see dealer for limited warranty information".

I didn't think it's covered under Ford's warranty, it says "see dealer for limited warranty information".

If it is on the window sticker, the dvds are covered under the bumper to bumper. If you buy from the dealer (not on the sticker), it is an accessory and covered 1yr/12k.

Harlenm,

Best of luck and much happiness to you in what ever you decide to do.

If it is on the window sticker, the dvds are covered under the bumper to bumper. If you buy from the dealer (not on the sticker), it is an accessory and covered 1yr/12k.

I recently bought the Ford premium care warranty...do you think the DVD system is a covered item?

^ Nothing is covered under that from my experince

I recently bought the Ford premium care warranty...do you think the DVD system is a covered item?

Yes it is.. it is listed under the electrical section of the esp.

I had the OEM Ford Accessory Invision LT DVD system installed in mine.

Not on the window sticker

Invision just replaced one of the units because the screen wouldn't lock into the unit body properly.

Installed over 1 year ago.

Parts and labour covered by dealer and Invision.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back