MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FASCINATING. I note that my active park lines are like Peter's and not like yours (the color is different on the lines and the straight lines are green yellow and red) - but your's looks like VinceL's.

I bet I have a theory. Perhaps its not the active park assist, but instead maybe it's the tow package. Anyone here with a Sport, Limited or XLT with a tow package, but NOT active park assist that also has the active guidelines? I have the tow package as well.

Would make sense, you would need the active guidelines to backup to a trailer to see where your hitch is going to hit.

Wow, you have backup camera with active guides and you still are backing up over your lawn and in to a sewer! ;)

Just installed the update today. Great so far. My song indexing problem was absolutely solved. Thanks Rebecca for supporting this forum.

Etham.

Witht the new update under speed controlled volume instead of it being 1-9 settings its now 1-7

Also for text tone and call ringer you can set it as speech to text so it will read off the name.

Updated mine yesterday and went nice and smooth. No real noticeable differences in speed to me so far but that is fine as long as the stability is a little better I will be pleased.

I had no real problems since installing the prior update. Sure I got some funky map problems this past week on the trip down the Blue Ridge Pkwy in NC, if that is better I will be delighted. Fingers are crossed.....

Updated 2 days ago, since then

- Phone "unpaired" twice (iPhone 4s current iOs)
- iPod with 1,423 songs is constantly indexing
- Screen went black for no obvious reasons 3 times, turning off / on ignition and it started back up.

After having massive problems since day one with MFT, that was it for me, lemon law here I come.

- Screen went black for no obvious reasons 3 times, turning off / on ignition and it started back up.

After having massive problems since day one with MFT, that was it for me, lemon law here I come.

Make sure you have video documentation. Things go a lot smoother that way. ;)

Just installed the update today. Great so far. My song indexing problem was absolutely solved. Thanks Rebecca for supporting this forum.

Etham.

You're welcome, Etham; I'm glad you're liking it! :)

We've found these can be caused by a few different things. I recommend turning Auto Phonebook Download off, and making sure you have no special characters or emoticons in the name of your phone or any of the contacts. Here's a helpful link with more information:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/manage-phonebook-sync-myford-touch

Should you choose not to go the Lemon Law route, let me know if you have any questions.

Rebecca

You're welcome, Etham; I'm glad you're liking it! :)

We've found these can be caused by a few different things. I recommend turning Auto Phonebook Download off, and making sure you have no special characters or emoticons in the name of your phone or any of the contacts. Here's a helpful link with more information:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/manage-phonebook-sync-myford-touch

Should you choose not to go the Lemon Law route, let me know if you have any questions.

Rebecca

Happy to report that the latest update is great. All the issues are gone.

Bobby:salute:

Installed the update on Wednesday and I must say, the system itself is definitely performing alot faster than usual, so that's a plus. Before the update the last couple of months my Nav was very slow and I would be on a street for a minute before it would update on my screen. This hasn't been the case at all since Wednesday.

On the negative, I've yet to receive a text through MFT on my iPhone. Guess we'll have to wait and see there, unless anyone has any suggestions on this.

There was always a 'zoom' button. Are you saying that they have changed the name of it.

I wish the update was there for me to download so I can actually see what everyone is referring to. I'll check the site again tomorrow.

Peter

Peter, the zoom feature button is now on the left hand side of the screen instead of the right side.

Installed worked cleanly and no issues for me. I've been through every upgrade since 2.4 back in Jan of 2011 and this one was the cleanest. The install does appear to be stalled a few times during the process so just have some patience with it.

Has anyone successfully downloaded the update via a Mac? I've tried everything and can't get past step 2 where it is telling me I need Java enabled. It is enabled, I've downloaded the latest version of Java, I've cleared my browser/cache/history (Safari). I've stopped safari and restarted it.. Everything I can possibly think of yet still the ford site says it's not enabled (Rebecca, i'm PM'd you).

Any advice out there?

Well my Sport is being serviced right now. Called to get an update my it, and the technician that was checking the NAV issue out seems to feel that the SD Card is bad. They loaded a new one and are out on a test drive. Hopefully that is all that was wrong with my NAV tracking issues...of course I'm not going to go and hold my breath on this just yet. :)

Has anyone successfully downloaded the update via a Mac? I've tried everything and can't get past step 2 where it is telling me I need Java enabled. It is enabled, I've downloaded the latest version of Java, I've cleared my browser/cache/history (Safari). I've stopped safari and restarted it.. Everything I can possibly think of yet still the ford site says it's not enabled (Rebecca, i'm PM'd you).

Any advice out there?

On Safari goto Safari -> Preferences -> Security
Click Manage Website Settings
Click Java
On First Visit To a Website -> set to Allow (no security restrictions)

You should be able to do the download, etc ...
Make sure you change this setting back to "Ask" afterward to avoid security concerns.

On Safari goto Safari -> Preferences -> Security
Click Manage Website Settings
Click Java
On First Visit To a Website -> set to Allow (no security restrictions)

You should be able to do the download, etc ...
Make sure you change this setting back to "Ask" afterward to avoid security concerns.

I've done that I believe. I'm there now and this is what I see.

Fraudulent sites: (checked) Warn when visiting a fraudulent website
Web Content: (both checked) Enable JavaScript; Block Pop-up Windows
Internet Plug-ins: (both checked) Allow Java; Allow all other plug-ins

*If I check on "Manage Website Settings" it brings up an empty list that says "allow websites to use the java plug-in with the settings below" which is all blank and I have a "clear all" button which seems useless since it's blank already.

I've done that I believe. I'm there now and this is what I see.

Fraudulent sites: (checked) Warn when visiting a fraudulent website
Web Content: (both checked) Enable JavaScript; Block Pop-up Windows
Internet Plug-ins: (both checked) Allow Java; Allow all other plug-ins

*If I check on "Manage Website Settings" it brings up an empty list that says "allow websites to use the java plug-in with the settings below" which is all blank and I have a "clear all" button which seems useless since it's blank already.

Did you go to java.com and download/install the latest version? Because I have a drop down that says "Allow (no security restrictions)"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you go to java.com and download/install the latest version? Because I have a drop down that says "Allow (no security restrictions)"

Yup, I've downloaded a few different updates. I followed the link that the Ford site gave me which gave me version 7u25.

Through research about java errors, I found a link for another version from Apple which was labeled as "JAVAforOSx2013-004".

That seemed to solve some java errors for people online but didn't help me. Rebecca said she would mail me a flash drive with it on it but still would like this resolved for future updates.

I downloaded Chrome per Rebecca's suggestion but that gave me a message with a conflicting 32bit java and 64bit chrome not working (or it was the other way around) and recommended I download firefox. I don't want to keep downloading crap just to have it not work.

What is your OS version?

What is your JAVA version?

I'm on 10.8.4 and my java is 1.6.0_51

Back