• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer

mmcleon

Reaction score
City, State
Modesto, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
My work gave me a 2013 Ford Explorer to drive. Nice vehicle but they disabled the radio system. No bluetooth, no cd, nothing. The radio display shows the outside temp and the time. When you push the power button once, nothing happens. If you push it twice, the screen flickers and does nothing else. I am really interested in turning on the bluetooth since it is required in California to talk on your phone while driving.

My work gave me a 2013 Ford Explorer to drive. Nice vehicle but they disabled the radio system. No bluetooth, no cd, nothing. The radio display shows the outside temp and the time. When you push the power button once, nothing happens. If you push it twice, the screen flickers and does nothing else. I am really interested in turning on the bluetooth since it is required in California to talk on your phone while driving.
Welcome to the Forum mmcleon.:wavey:
I think I would go back to whoever disabled the features and ask why this was done, especially since you require the Bluetooth feature. In the left margin it doesn't say which model you have. That would be helpful if you could add that to your profile. Do you have or did you have the voice activated navigation? Do you have the 911 feature that activates in case of a collision?

Peter

I don't know California Law enough to say for sure but it is likely your employer has not checked to see if thats legal. I don't think an employer can disable safety features that are required by law.

Like vehicles that came with airbag off switches the employer cant shut those off when they feel like it. In Canada Law Enforcement has to get Federal Government Transport Canada permission to deactivate airbags with a switch.

Theres not only handsfree BT but 911 Assist shut off in there too, thats probably an issue for them.

Back