Northern Arizona | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Northern Arizona

Reaction score
City, State
Dewey, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Exporer XLT 4x2 4.0 V6
Hey there to all that are around. Looking for anyone in the area of northern AZ.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WittMann isn't to bad. Kind of in that gray area from me cuz it would be one way or the other. Is there any meets that go on in AZ?

There haven't been any big events for awhile. Last summer we ran a couple trails from the Charles Wells Arizona Offroad book that were near Wickenburg. We've run all the trails up by Table Mesa Rd. over the years.

We've also taken the Crown King trail and Senator Highway up to Prescott.

The Prescott to crown king road ain't to bad. Good views. How does someone set up a get together? Meet New people, show off the rigs custom and stock and even do a little trail run.

Just post up a date and see who's interested.:chug:

Northern Arizona 2014 Explorer

Just took delivery of my 3rd Explorer, previously owned a 1989 & a 2006. Keep this thread up I'd like to know more about activities in my area. I'm in Prescott
TBill

Welcome to the forum. I haven't been to partial to the 5th gens, but my wife loves them.

New guy here from Clarkdale, AZ. Just bought a 2nd gen. but I'm not into off-roading. Took the Definity Dakota M/Ts off for a set of Wranglers. More suitable for my general street/tow the sailboat purposes.

Hello all. Wife and I will be in Prescott this coming winter (jan&feb"2015"). I bought an "09" explorer with the hopes of getting off the beaten path somewhat. It is stock so far, am considering a modest lift probably rancho loco, wheel and tire package and maybe some lighting. Hope to meet some people in the area that may have some insight into good places to check out, and also offer advice on accessorizing vehicle.

Prescott to Crown King is a nice trail. It didn't used to be difficult on that stretch, pretty much a graded road, with a ton of switch backs, but you should check locally before heading out.

Yea, I know its an old thread... but hate to start a new one when an old one will do.
Anyway, Its official, come next spring/summer (2017) I'm retiring from 31 years of service with KDADS (Kansas Department of Aging and Developmental Services) and the wife and I are moving to AZ. Just don't know for sure where yet. Her entire family lives in the Phoenix/Mesa area. We'd like to be in the cooler regions (I.E. higher elevations) within a couple hours of Phoenix (Heber/Overgard?) so we can visit the family on weekends, But in the end it boils down to where Sandi can find a full time and I can find a part time.
Anxious to meet as many of you who live in the area as possible and be introduced to the trails I've been hearing about and reading up on.

Yea, I know its an old thread... but hate to start a new one when an old one will do.
Anyway, Its official, come next spring/summer (2017) I'm retiring from 31 years of service with KDADS (Kansas Department of Aging and Developmental Services) and the wife and I are moving to AZ. Just don't know for sure where yet. Her entire family lives in the Phoenix/Mesa area. We'd like to be in the cooler regions (I.E. higher elevations) within a couple hours of Phoenix (Heber/Overgard?) so we can visit the family on weekends, But in the end it boils down to where Sandi can find a full time and I can find a part time.
Anxious to meet as many of you who live in the area as possible and be introduced to the trails I've been hearing about and reading up on.

You might want to check out Prescott, "Everybody's Home Town" we're over 5,000 feet elevation, so no heat like Phoenix, most summer nights temps in the 60's. Here is a link to the Prescott tourism web site: http://www.visit-prescott.com

Prescott is actually very high on my wifes list of possibilities. I'll refer the link you provided to her. thanks a bunch! You wouldn't happen to be on the Prescott school board would you? Sandi's chosen profession is Music Teacher. ;)

Prescott is actually very high on my wifes list of possibilities. I'll refer the link you provided to her. thanks a bunch! You wouldn't happen to be on the Prescott school board would you? Sandi's chosen profession is Music Teacher. ;)

No, retired out here from back east 7 years ago, the school system is always looking for good teachers. Wonderful music program, there is a fund raiser for music programs annually around Christmas time called Acker night, whole town participates live music in most of the stores in the downtown area.

Regards,

Bill

Well that is very promising! Glad to hear it. Sandi loves Christmas and all it entails. Keeping our fingers crossed.

If you like old historical towns, Bisbee would be a nice place to live. The mile high elevation makes for nice year round weather.

Ok, since this seems to be where this thread is going... hehe

We've hired a realtor to help find a house so that issue is dealt with. Next on the list...

My step-daughter is a fitness person who loves to hike... I'm an out of shape 4x4 person who should be getting into better shape. I pointed out to her that with the Explorer I could get the family to hiking trails that may not be accessible with her Kia Soul. I've looked at TrailsOffRoad.com to try and find trails that can serve both purposes, but not knowing the area very well I'm not certain of what would be a good place to start. Any suggestions for an easy to moderate trail that has stops along the way for hiking and scenery?

Oh yea.. in the Phoenix/Mesa area.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great! Definitely on my "to get" list

Back