• Register Today It's free!

Question about LED turning signal

simon18309

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Exlorer Limited 4WD
Hi everyone, I am quite new to this family. I just purchased my 2011 ford explorer limited. I swap all my back turning lights into LED. I bought them from this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141018970013

They work perfect without any resistor. However, i found that there is a little amber LED on even when i have my car lock and ignition off. The headlights setting are set to off(refer to photos). Does anyone know how to get those LED off? Any trick could be appreciated. Thank you!

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi everyone, I am quite new to this family. I just purchased my 2011 ford explorer limited. I swap all my back turning lights into LED. I bought them from this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141018970013

They work perfect without any resistor. However, i found that there is a little amber LED on even when i have my car lock and ignition off. The headlights setting are set to off(refer to photos). Does anyone know how to get those LED off? Any trick could be appreciated. Thank you!
Welcome to the Forum simon18309.:wavey:
Unfortunately I don't have the answer but I'm sure someone will be able to assist you with that little problem.
I hope you enjoy your Limited as much as I have mine.:thumbsup:

Peter

Does it fade over time and eventually go out? Our 2011 Mustang dome lights would be on very very very very very dimly after shutting them off. THere was a teeny bit of residual voltage on the line that would power the LEDs super dim after shutting the light off. Had no issues with that onthe explorer though.

Have you checked how visible those turn signals are against brake lights driving behind your explorer about 50' back? It may look clear as day with contrast up close, but trust me drive behind it to fully test it. If the contrast isn't there like stock, I'd definitely recommend swapping out to another type for that reason alone.

If you would like to get rid off this effect, then buy next time LED's with canbus. They help to avoid 2 things - errors and dim. Used to have the same problem on my LR2 and now I use only LEDs with canbus. No problems with them on my FE5

Back