• Register Today It's free!

performance suspension

meunier#1

Reaction score
City, State
manitowoc wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer 5.0
I was wondering if there are any kits or if there is anyway to modify suspension for an explorer to make it more trackable both strip n road course

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good road course and strip suspension setup for explorer?

I was wkndering if anyone could send me in the rite direction on getting parts to set my 01 v8 2wd explorer up for road rrack and strip because I haven't found anything for it(no suprise) and wad wondrring if suspension components for other vics mite work. Any help is greatly appreciated

I merged the 2 threads. Please take some time to look around at what others have done, before posting a new thread. It will make things easier to find.

What are your goals as far as an ET at the drag strip-time around the road course? Do you want to be competitive with cars?

Not too worried bout the road courses them selves just want the handling lol. Thank you for merging I have no clue still new to this forum stuff. And as for et definately hoping to eventually push it to tens(or faster) so I wanted to set it up pre emptively so I'd have no worries about traction as I upgrade it.

Not too worried bout the road courses them selves just want the handling lol. Thank you for merging I have no clue still new to this forum stuff. And as for et definately hoping to eventually push it to tens(or faster) so I wanted to set it up pre emptively so I'd have no worries about traction as I upgrade it.

Ok, here is another sub forum for you to look through

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Not to burst a bubble, but 10's? Umm, take a look in here

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197083

That is a list of very experienced "old timers" like myself who overspent highly trying to go fast in a frame based explorer.

The mods performed are listed. Have a few credit cards handy if you still want to play.

Thank you everyone for the info. I looked at the setup those guys were running nand found some of the parts will be helpful with the 349 I have sitting at home that's going to be swapped into mine. I may not hit tens any time soon but I will keep trying lol.

Upgraded sway bar, sway bar end links, shocks, wheels and tires and torsion twist.
There is an exit ramp near here labeled at 25mph, I took it at 62mph and the truck had zero body lean and no tire squeal.

Back