• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Sport Ordered!

fivebucs

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 JKU Rubicon
Order Date: 30 September 2014

Exterior: Ruby Red Metallic
Interior: Charcoal / Sienna (Does anyone else out there have this combo? If so, how does it look? My wife is nervous but I told her it would look really good)
401A Package
All-weather mats
Splash Guards
Rear Cargo Protector
Tow Package
2nd Row Bucket Seats
Roof Rack Crossbars
Wheel Locks
Rear Bumper Protector

Hoping for a 6-8 week delivery!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice build! I just ordered a similar Sport in Ingot Silver/Black interior...

401A Package
2nd Row Bucket Seats
2nd Row Console
Dual Moon Roof
Trailer Tow Package
All-Weather Mats
Rear Cargo Protector
Rear Bumper Cover

Ordered on 9/12... Trading in the 2012 limited for this monster... :)

Ajar

...Interior: Charcoal / Sienna (Does anyone else out there have this combo? If so, how does it look? My wife is nervous but I told her it would look really good)...

This is my favorite interior, fivebucs; tell your wife she has excellent taste! ;)

Crystal

Crystal,

Thank you for your vote for that interior. She knows she'd like it with the white exterior...just a little apprehensive with the Ruby Red. It's going to be a l-o-n-g 6-8 week waiting period filled with anticipation.

After multiple calls to the dealership I was finally able to get the DORA from them today. Last night's phone call from my salesman revealed that the dealership had used the highest priority code (10) they are allowed to use when placing my order. Upon my arrival at the dealership today the salesman looked kind of grim and said there had been a change in the priority status and that it was no longer a 10.

A long hesitation from me and the salesman knew he had tricked me. He said the order was now priority 1 and they expect the VIN as early as this Friday (10-11-13)!

Sure hope the rest of the build/delivery process goes smoothly.

After multiple calls to the dealership I was finally able to get the DORA from them today. Last night's phone call from my salesman revealed that the dealership had used the highest priority code (10) they are allowed to use when placing my order. Upon my arrival at the dealership today the salesman looked kind of grim and said there had been a change in the priority status and that it was no longer a 10.

A long hesitation from me and the salesman knew he had tricked me. He said the order was now priority 1 and they expect the VIN as early as this Friday (10-11-13)!

Sure hope the rest of the build/delivery process goes smoothly.

Priority codes only play a role to each indivdual dealer, not the overall system. A code 10 and a 99 could mean the same thing if your Explorer is the only one being ordered by your dealer this week.

It doesn't really matter what the dealer's priority was now that it's a 1 with the manufacturer. But thanks for the info.

Dealer not forthcoming, maybe? I ordered Oct 1, VIN received by Crystal Oct 7. Here in Tucson. No blend date, yet. You trust the dealer?
JCB

Not saying I trust the dealer...just that the DORA they gave me shows the priority is now 1...and hoping for a VIN on Friday. Sorry you (gwjoeymed) haven't received a blend date yet. Ordering vehicles is always exciting/frustrating because they can never get here fast enough!!

Not saying I trust the dealer...just that the DORA they gave me shows the priority is now 1...and hoping for a VIN on Friday. Sorry you (gwjoeymed) haven't received a blend date yet. Ordering vehicles is always exciting/frustrating because they can never get here fast enough!!

All Ford vehicles get scheduled very early Thursday mornings each week so if the system doesn't show your order as "scheduled" with a vin number by late Thursday morning (when the system updates changes) it's not happening that week.

How do you know all of this? Have you ordered a Ford in the past and been told the same as you're telling me now? I appreciate the information...but still hoping...

I also got the Charcoal/Sienna seats...I think the two tone looks great.

VIN Assigned

Received message from Crystal (FordService) this morning that a VIN has been assigned to our 2014 Sport! Now waiting for dates to start populating...

Exciting.... ! My window sticker started working last week...... Can't wait... two weeks since we traded in the 2012 Limited and I feel like we're slumming... lol

Hi Crystal -

I am probably just dense, I have not figured out how to PM you. I have my VIN# from my dealer, can I have you check on the status for me? I can post the VIN here or wait for your PM. Thanks

Miraj

Back