Ford Remote Start Accessory | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Remote Start Accessory

Ordered my 5 button key fob's today. I called 4 dealerships and the 4th was a charm. They will match the price of a dealership I found on the internet (182.00) instead of the $228.00 as long as I print out the webpage. Also, the labor he said would take about 15-20 minutes and be about $85. The other 3 dealerships didn't believe me and the research I did on the internet. They said those people on the forums don't know what they are talking about. I laughed and said, "they know more than you do, especially about these vehicles". The one place wanted to charge me $560. Unbelievable. $267 with installation from my now favorite dealership is awesome for this kit

2011 Explorer XLT w/power-liftgate

Hi Smoktya,

I'm glad to hear that you found a dealership that took great care of you! Let us know how the install went. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I'm picking up a used 2013 XLT at the end of the month and definitely plan on going this route via the DA8Z-19G364-A as I have the power liftgate.

I do have a couple of questions...

Does the kit come with anything other than keys? And if so is it just a simple "plug in a module under the dash" thing? Or is it purely keys?

Does the DA8Z-19G364-A kit with the 5-button key come with one key or two? The ford website says 1 (while the 4 button one say 2) but many people here have explicitly said 2 keys on a few posts. If it's only one it's not a huge deal, just want to know what I'm getting into.

I already confirmed with my dealer they'll hookup the IDS tool and enable remote start for 0.25-0.3 hours service and a few of the service techs there are very familiar with that process from installing other factory remote start modules.

Any additional info anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!

My adviser got back to me, guys. He told me the hood switch would be located near the front driver’s side on the radiator support. It will look like a small plunger type switch that is contacted by the hood when the hood is closed.

He also confirmed the kit does come with two keys; it’s a misprint on the website.

Cory

Super! That at least confirms my 2 key question - that's great!

...Does the kit come with anything other than keys? And if so is it just a simple "plug in a module under the dash" thing? Or is it purely keys?...

Hi Unsta,

Your best bet will be to consult with our parts pros; they are available via live chat here: http://www.fordparts.com/ContactUs.aspx. You can also contact the parts department of your local dealership; they'll be happy to help!

Crystal

OK, so read a few different threads, but didn't see this questions asked.

Just purchased a 2013 Limited, with power liftgate and remote start.
I see that there is a security system for it.

Anyone know what's that do and add?
Will is mess with my MFT and the fobs?
How much would it possibly cost to install?

http://accessories.ford.com/alarm.html
Vehicle Security System - Alarm
Part No: 7L3Z-19A361-AA

I know I'm digging up an old thread here but this sounds like a great thing to do. I was looking into adding remote start to my explorer.

Will this will work on any 2013 explorer? The functionality is there it just has to be enabled?

Can anyone recommend a dealer in the chicago western suburbs that will sell and install the DA8Z-19G364-A kit with the 5-button key. I plugged in my closest dealer and priced them on the accessory web site and it was $500 :eek: There has to be someone close that will do it for under $300...

Yes Schaumburg ford just just did mine

Help me find a dealer that

Has a clue on what any of this Ford accessory stuff. Im not surprised, I have contacted 3 dealers starting with the place we bought it and not one of them has a clue what Im talking. At this point Im not going to say which ones. Has anybody found a dealer in mass. or southern new hamshire that has a clue ?
Thanks in advance.
Mike

Muzi Ford in Needham MA installed my Remote Start System - Long Range Plug-N-Play
Part No: CL3Z-19G364-B .
They should be able to install the one you want.

Tim

Ordered it but,

according to the parts guy at drum hill,the parts supplier for all makes not just Ford filed for bankruptcy last night which means at minimum probably 2 weeks to get it. Thanks for the tip,I had actually forgot about drum hill ford after I posted this which happens to be the closest to me. and he knew what I was talking about. Happy wife Happy life.

Yes Schaumburg ford just just did mine

Thanks. They are a bit far for me. I ended up at the dealer I purchased from with a print out of the remote start key from a place online. They looked at me like I had two heads, gave me a bit of a run around then quoted two hours ($200) to cut and program the keys and flip the remote start on in the computer.

Stopped at the dealer who quoted $500 online. Turns out they they are going to be way more reasonable. They said it would be $60 or so to do the programming. I ordered the keys from them for under $200 so I hope I can get it done for close to what I was hoping -- $250. I'll report back when I have it completed.

Thanks. -- Bud

100 Series Remote Start

Just a quick note on my experience with getting a "Remote Start System - 100 Series Plug-N-Play" (Part No: DA8Z-19G364-A) for my 2013 XLT with a power lift gate. Here is a link to the part on the Ford Accessories website:

http://accessories.ford.com/kit-remote-starter-10493.html

As the title says, it truly is plug and play. You just need to get the new keys, get them cut, program them for your truck and then get the dealer to go into the computer and turn it on. Also, even though the description says one key, two are included with the kit.

The service dept at the first dealer I walked into to try to get this installed looked at me like I had two heads. The second dealer, "Westfield Ford" in Countryside, IL, was much more accommodating. I think I just lucked out and got the right guy and he sort of guided me in the right direction. So here is what I did and I think this is the best way to get this done.

Basically, I left the service dept and went to the parts desk. I had a printout of the part from a part supplier with a price much less than $200. Using that I was able to get a pretty good discount off the list price. I ordered the kit on Saturday evening and they called me to tell me that they had it for me Monday afternoon (nice!). When I went in to get the keys, I asked if they would cut them for me which they did for no extra charge!

Here is what I got:

2013-10-28%252019.51.16.png

Note: that right on the other side of the box are instructions for the dealer on how to get info on turning the remote start function on.

I went home, opened the owners manual and figured out how to program the keys to the vehicle. It is super easy and takes less than 5 minutes including reading the instructions.

Once I had the keys programmed to the vehicle I went back to the service department with vehicle (and all 4 keys but not sure this was necessary). I had about an hour wait and then the brought me the truck and the remote start worked first time. I'd say this should cost less then $75 -- I paid less than that. Overall, I got it done for under $250 which to me seems to be what this should cost.

I've only tried it twice but it seems to work pretty good. In a restaurant, I was able to start it from inside the building but it was only maybe 100' away and through a glass window. At another location, I was inside a concrete building and probably 200' away from the truck and it was running when I got outside.

All in all I'm happy with it.

Thanks to the guys in this thread for blazing the trail and hope this helps someone else! If anyone has any questions, post away... -- Bud

Nice post, thanks for this ! I will be getting my 100 series in the next month or so, I will post up how it all went and $$ for it here in Ottawa, ON.

Cheers

Hey Riley,

Thanks for the email. Received in good order. (BTW-my kit is heading this way).

Bobby:salute:

Hi Bobby, (or someone else) Can you please email me the instructions for IDS. My dealer is clueless and not helpful on this. They said I need to install a module on top of the 100 series. I think they are either lazy to research it or want more $$ out of me. I mentioned the forum and dealer said don't believe what you read on the Internet, we've been doing this for 13 years and know it doesn't exist!

Remote start

I have a 2013 XLT without power lift gate. I'm looking to add a remote start. I have read several threads and still have some confusion about how this works.

I'm looking at the 100 series plug and play. Because I don't have the power lift gate I am going with the 4 bottom remote.

I went to 2 ford dealers they seemed not to know what I was talking about. They said it's not just plug and play you need to install the actual remote start unit including the hood switch. Doesn't the 2013 XLT come with the hood switch no matter what? I think I see it in front of the engine drivers side when I look under the hood. And don't you just have to reprogram the computer to activate the remote start?

I have found an on line dealer where I can order the 100 series plug and play for $188. http://www.lombardfordaccessories.c...roductTypeID=5&CFID=25214174&CFTOKEN=29068949

Shouldn't I just be able to order this, take the new keys to a dealer and have them cut the keys, program them to the car, and then reprogram the computer to include remote start? Or are there other things that need to be installed?

If this is the case how long does it take to program the computer? One of the dealers I was at said if it was just a matter of reprogramming the computer it would take at least 2 hours. Several of the threads I read said it takes 15
minutes.

Does anyone have instructions I could bring to the dealer to show them the process.

Thanks
Dave

Added Remote Start

I had the local Ford dealer install my remote start. It worked great this summer. After accidentally turning remote start off in the dash menu it will no longer retain selected settings. When i select 15 min. RUN time it reverts to 10 min. after restarting manually. How do I get settings to stay?

Xfan, when you get the keys, the dealer instructions are glued to the side of the box. They basicly provide a link to a web page in the dealer system. I'd go to another dealer or talk to a different advisor at your current dealer. The programming is trivial.

Oh, and no module is required for the 100 series just programming! :thumbsup:

-- Bud

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had the local Ford dealer install my remote start. It worked great this summer. After accidentally turning remote start off in the dash menu it will no longer retain selected settings. When i select 15 min. RUN time it reverts to 10 min. after restarting manually. How do I get settings to stay?
When you use the remote start initially with the 15 minute setting, does it run for 15 minutes? From what I get from reading your post is that once you start the vehicle manually, the setting then goes to 10 minutes and then you have to set it back to 15. Is that right?
What model remote start did the dealer install and what model Ex do you have? Base, XLT? It would be very helpful if you added the model to your profile so that it will show in the left margin where you name is. Not all models are the same or have the same issues/solutions.
This info may help in members being able to assist you. If all fails, go back to the dealer and have them check it out.
Good luck.

Peter

Back