2011 ford explorer check engine light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 ford explorer check engine light

NEWPORTNJ

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
ST.
My check engine light came on with three codes they all cleared except this one p219a and it stays on any one knows ? Please advise. My lease is almost up i really don't care, but would like to find out. Thank you in advance...:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My check engine light came on with three codes they all cleared except this one p219a and it states permeant any one knows ? Please advise. My lease is almost up i really done care, but would like to find out. Thank you in advance...:)
This is what I found shown on a Ford Mustang Forum;
The P219A code is a bank 1 Air/fuel ratio imbalance. The code is triggered when the air fuel ratio difference per cylinder is greater than the calculated amount.

Peter

Thanks, peterk9 i installed my obd2 and reset the computer and drove car and it's gone. I guess it was a bad burn since i started my car and just took off and did not really let car idle for at least a minute or two but all is well now thanks for your concern and quick help... You are the best.!

Code was reset and came back i guess i must go to the dealer and have it serviced, lease ends in two month i guess i will try to talk to them to let me out early...!

Code was reset and came back i guess i must go to the dealer and have it serviced, lease ends in two month i guess i will try to talk to them to let me out early...!
Good luck with that my friend. If you're looking at another Ford product, you shouldn't have too much of a problem with 'early termination' especially if it is only 2 months.

Peter

Hi peterk9, well i'll be going to the dealer this week. I dont want the sport because it will get me in trouble. I want the ltd tux blk with the peacan interior 302apkg let see what happens i reset code it has not come back today but i took picture of it i got the feeling that it is the gas fill system. Any way i post the out come when i get back from dealer. Take care pk9..!

Well update. Just got my car back after two weeks at the dealer for two items.
1. Paint blister on rim of hood.
2. Check engine light code p219a
well here it is they fixed the paint blister it came out great.
The tech was told by ford engineer to do the following for the above mention code, he did the following replaced two coils and two spark plugs that did not resolve code issue, so they had him check compression, gas pressure and then check exhaust pressure they say that was not good so they had tech replace the cat converter today they ran car for about 45 min on the road they called me to pick up car that all was well so i went to pick up car tip both my service rep and the tech which are two very nice guys and really they did what ford engineers told them to do, well i picked up car drove for about 1/4 mile or so and guess what check engine light came right on again since i have a odb tool i checked and same code came back i'm so pissed off that i rest code and drove from yonker ny to jersey city new jersey about 20 miles or so no light i will call back to the dealer tomorrow and see what they want since i will be getting my new explorer in january i'm going to try to talk them into taking this car back early and i'll just wait for my new one since i have another car ( bmw 330i ) i'll wait rather than to be pissed, but i can say, that i was trouble free for 34 month but that is why i lease rather than buy. when a car give me trouble i dump it...! Well if anyone has a suggestion i'm all ears..!

P.s ford is also saying that they are removing platinum from the cat converter and they are using new material and my tech said that that is the cause of the rotten egg order that the explorer is emitting. Something to think about. Also that the 2102/13 escape are having big issues with the cat converters on the escape and bad wire harness.

Well here is another up date. I was called to go pick up explorer that it had been fixed the cat was replace and car had been driven for about 20 plus miles and no light. I picked up car drive 1/4 mile light came right on took car back got back got into loaner went home very very angry. I then proceeded to call ford c/s and escalate matter and told jen (ford c/s rep) what i have been gowing thru she tells me that she will get in contact with dealership servicing explorer, i then get call that all the injectors are being replace after cat, pcv, air-filter, spark plugs, and coils guess what yup light came back on. I told ford that since i only had two payments left they could pay it off and keep explorer they tell me they can't do that but they will reimburse me one month payment in which i said but make both and keep car they say no. dealer in good faith give me a 2013 ford escape loaner in which i say i have and explorer because of space that i need, now have in mind the dealership tech is doing what ford engineer is telling them to do so i don't blame the tech i blame the so called ford engineer so today 11/26/13, i was told that they are trying to get me into a bigger car in which i need but here comes a nor' easter and i'm not driving to dealer and pay toll's get into driving in bad weather etc... So this is my dilema in which all and all i still love the explorer for 25k never gave me an issue my order for the 2014 ex 302a pkg is being built so i'll just have more patience i love my dealer, Donna the dealer service mgr is very nice Eric service rep also Mike the tech is doing what ford tells him to do so who do i blame ford engineers who claim they know what they are doing. Well this is my circle of issues.

P.s ford is also saying that they are removing platinum from the cat converter and they are using new material and my tech said that that is the cause of the rotten egg order that the explorer is emitting. Something to think about. Also that the 2102/13 escape are having big issues with the cat converters on the escape and bad wire harness.

When you say bad wire harness what do you mean? I'm buying a 2011 limited that has a great OSASIS report, and no problems other than replacing MFT for 51K miles. This one seems to be like a winner.

Do I need to have them check out the wire harness before I buy it? It's CPO so they said they did a huge check on 170 something different things...but they will also fix any issues before I buy.

Newport- You do have a circle of issues, but none as big as the Escapes 7th recall . Good luck with with your Ex and the nor'easter--- Keep that Escape parked away from your house, who knows what else can happen. Ford engineers hhhhmmmmm.

Driver4523, the wire harnest is for the 2013 escape not the explorer.

Will sorry for the late update. The explorer was finally fixed and given back to me last week and after the replacements of the parts mention on this thread the cause of the problem was the pcm dealer was great and ford was also we came into a agreement and my new explorer is ordered and i got my vin number today and built date is first week of jan expect delivery late jan...!

...my new explorer is ordered a got my vin number today and built date is first week of jan expect delivery late jan...!

I'm glad to see that everything worked out, NEWPORTNJ! Be sure to post some pictures when your new Explorer comes home. :)

Crystal

I pity the person who buys this 2011 as a used car !

Plumbago. sorry for the way you feel but if it wasn't for the pay off price i would still stay with this EXPLORER it has a new pcm, cat converter, sparks, and coils and its running like new it never gave me any issue's if we were to think that a car will be always trouble free we are crazy. actually one of my worker's is buying it at end of lease. i tell you i love this EXPLORER it is AWESOME... RIDES BETTER THAN THE 2008 CTS CADILLAC LTD I HAD...

Back