2014 Sport Ordered | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Sport Ordered

Good choice in the added feature in my opinion. Love how it makes the interior feel more open. I wouldn't want another vehicle with a moonroof. This is my 4th one with it. :thumbsup:

Peter

So you're saying it's a good choice for this vehicle but you don't think a moonroof in other vehicles is worth it? Or that you won't get a moonroof in your vehicles after this one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So you're saying it's a good choice for this vehicle but you don't think a moonroof in other vehicles is worth it? Or that you won't get a moonroof in your vehicles after this one?
Whoops. I guess the mind was working faster than the fingers.:D
I went back and corrected my post to read "I wouldn't want another vehicle without a moonroof".
Good catch. Thanks.

Peter

Got my window sticker:D:D

Build date is the 16th....ETA is still Dec. 5th.:thumbsup:

The wait is almost over....EX was built on the 16th and is on the way....last update says it should be here between the 24th and 28th....:D:D:D:D:D

Asked dealer not to prep it as it is getting detailed by a local shop and opti-coated. Thinking of getting a clear bra as well. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ihatia...what is opti-coating? I'm nervous about letting the dealership here prep ours...heard a lot of stories about dealerships causing swirl marks.

Found out today our car has been built and has an arrival date of 9 December. If that holds, it will have been a 70-day process from placing the order to dealer delivery. A little longer than the 6-8 weeks we were told, but all-in-all not too bad.

ihatia...what is opti-coating? I'm nervous about letting the dealership here prep ours...heard a lot of stories about dealerships causing swirl marks.

Found out today our car has been built and has an arrival date of 9 December. If that holds, it will have been a 70-day process from placing the order to dealer delivery. A little longer than the 6-8 weeks we were told, but all-in-all not too bad.
The dealer 'prepped' mine and I don't know what they used as far as a wax goes. That was 32 months ago and although I haven't waxed it, the water still beads up. No swirl marks are visible but then it would be difficult to see on my vehicle colour.

Peter

Looks good but its hard to say how long it will really last.

Im just not convinced its better then say a good sealer like ReJex

They never speak of cost?

Did you get a quote at your shop?

He quoted me at about $400 for Opti Coat, new car prep, and 1 stage polish.

Some other places were closer to 500.

Decided to choose the one close to home based on his reviews and ease of getting the truck there and picking up.

I'm interested to see what you think of it once its done because I have never heard of it before.

Truck is at the dealer. Picking up on Wednesday. Accessories need to be added. Got the Husky liners...and was thinking of doing the HID install usring the TRS kit.

Service manager said not to change the DRL to the Parking lights as it will cause issues for a control unit. Said he had a couple show up already.

Not sure if he was telling the truth.

Any Canadians that have done the HID mod have any issues?

Im going to investigate the OEM Ford HID kit mentioned by another poster. Dont know much about it yet but my preference is to stay OEM for warranty issues.

So you have heard of the OEM kit?

Does it actually exist?

Picked up the Ex today:D:D:D:D

No complaints so far.

So far so good. I have some pics taken with my iPhone...how do I upload them?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Picked up the Ex today:D:D:D:D

No complaints so far.

So far so good. I have some pics taken with my iPhone...how do I upload them?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Congratulations on picking up your new Sport. As for posing pictures, the easiest way is to take out an Elite membership which will allow you to post them directly from your computer. You can also check out this thread;http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359901 which along with a FAQ thread on posting photos is found in the New Members Forum 'Sticky' section.

Peter

IMG_0277_zps0fc73c25.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back