Truck Haven 2013 Rock/Sparks run Pic/vids | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven 2013 Rock/Sparks run Pic/vids

Just made it home. Trip wasn't uneventul ( Sorry Don :) ) but at least it wasn't tires this time.. Report and vids to come later.

In short. Had a great time...

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

John "Rock" Johnstone

Attachments

• 8120_100240393329793_100000314975405_3690_2441550_n.jpg
    8120_100240393329793_100000314975405_3690_2441550_n.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 277

My Father and Myself made it home safely. (And my Buddy made it back to Bakersfield).

Had another great trip with you guys and thanks for always making us feel welcome. :salute:

Heres a few pictures to give a taste. Will upload more later.

Very nice pics everyone! I ended up at my normal spot off of the 78 and Split Mountain rd. because it is better suited for my truck and we have friends with dirt bikes that enjoy Shell Reef.

My pics-
Hanging around camp
HDRTruck.jpg

ArielTruck.jpg

Sandstone canyon
truscks2.jpg

trucks.jpg

justinsandstonecanyon.jpg

Here is Sparksafly'n learning to drive his "new to him" rig with [MENTION=73521]CJExplorer[/MENTION] in the back giving directions. :D

Picture from my link in the return from truckhaven 2009 thread.

10-28-09059.jpg

January? I would love to go.

Looking forward to getting back out there in January:bounce:

I found out about on Thursday, so there was no way I could get there. I have a bone stock Explorer, but will have new tires and about an inch & a half of lift by then. I could do the bunny run.

I found out about on Thursday, so there was no way I could get there. I have a bone stock Explorer, but will have new tires and about an inch & a half of lift by then. I could do the bunny run.

Definitely come on out, the group is friendly and will help you out if/when need be. You'd be surprised what a stocker can do out there and if you're not comfortable with the terrain, there's usually a spare seat you can ride in.

The run in Jan. has traditionally been the "big" run. In the last few years the Rock...now the Rock/Sparks run has grown to be a big run of it's own.

I miss Truckhaven, and wheeling with you guys. :(
But I love the pics and vids! :biggthump

..I forgot to check in but I made it home too..:biggthump

..No pics from me since we had no stockers show up for a little dogs run, I hung around camp enjoying the good life..:D

BTW..What happened to Ritsui and Khiori? I haven't heard from them yet and hope all is well since they didn't show up...I bet that new toyota truck broke down on them..:p:

Definitely come on out, the group is friendly and will help you out if/when need be. You'd be surprised what a stocker can do out there and if you're not comfortable with the terrain, there's usually a spare seat you can ride in.

The run in Jan. has traditionally been the "big" run. In the last few years the Rock...now the Rock/Sparks run has grown to be a big run of it's own.

Sweet! :thumbsup: I live in Banning so this will be local for me.

We made it back just after noon. Unloaded and went to our Halloween party.

Great time out there as usual, it's like a family reunion. ...with out all the awkwardness.

Kids and wife had a blast and everyone got some driving time in.

Thanks to everyone for keeping the rig moving...and on all fours.;)

Oh and special thanks to Tom as the wife is now thinking about the possibility of upgrading to a bigger truck and a camper:biggthump

But I love the pics and vids! :biggthump

Miss you too Bill. I hope your ears weren't burning too bad, we were recollecting some of our old adventures in the ditches :D

Miss you too Bill. I hope your ears weren't burning too bad, we were recollecting some of our old adventures in the ditches :D

...and the dashboard burrito's..:D

. [MENTION=196800]Sp0rtTr4c[/MENTION] , I'm not sure if you are aware of this but the Sport Trac was actually field tested by the Ford Engineers at Truckhaven on a past ExplorerForum run..;)

..As soon as I arrived the scuttlebutt was I had to see Tom's camper and it has everything including a fireplace..:eek:

..By golly, it's does even have a fireplace. I have never seen a camper as big as an RV inside and there is enough room to dance in front of the couch in the living room..:biggthump

..I did get to try out some new camping gear this trip..The new camping table worked out even better than expected..Thanks DAExplorer..:salute:

..And I just bought a new lite weight backpack camp stove for my bike trips and my other single burner needs on the offroad trips...It definitely is a keeper too..

..and there was so much food...It was Thanksgiving in October so in November, I am cancelling my Turkey day food fest..:D

Newbies Wanted

..We definitely need the stock and slightly modified X's, Rangers, Sport Tracs (and whatever else you want to bring to offroad) to show up out here as the trails are all "fresh" as in they have been washed and blown into brand new trails...

..Exploring all these new beginner trails with literally nobody else out there is an experience like no other...We have all the time in the world to help you get acquainted with beginner offroading from whatever you may need to know about your Explorer including maintenance, repair, and it's capabilities in the sandy washes, the beginner hills, and the rougher terrains as you can also follow along with the Big Dog's on the side trails..

..Oh yea..The next big Truckhaven run is scheduled for January so plan some time to join in the fun..:)

This.

BTW..What happened to Ritsui and Khiori? I haven't heard from them yet and hope all is well since they didn't show up...I bet that new toyota truck broke down on them..:p:

Both trucks are fine :p:. I got the Explorer's leaking steering rack replaced and installed a new CB in the Tacoma just in time for the trip :thumbsup:... but ended up sick in bed all weekend :mad:.

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Glad I can at least watch the videos and pretend I was there :salute:.

..That's gotta suck...Kinda like prom and your prom date cancels at the last minute..:(

. [MENTION=4189]RockRanger[/MENTION] ..We wish you and Tracy were out here too..I still haven't sent your package but I believe the koozies are now breeding like Tribbles..

Tribbles.jpg

We are back home; got in about 9pm.

Hit big wind on I580 headed to Altamont pass into Livermore. Talk about crazy! The wind was gusting upto 75mph, and almost blew over a Class-A motorhome in front of us.

We had fun, Thank you Char for watching Isabella on Friday. She was tired, and yet today, lots of energy. :(

First thing Isabella did was run for the grass and potty. She's got to have her grass! :)

Thanks all!

Pumpkin getting air!

Maniak doing it also..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So sorry we didn't make it, but we had our own adventure. Mud decided to be, well Mud! and was a no start. The 250 decided to follow suitand ended up at the dealer to the tune of $450. My surgery got postponed again and then moved to Monday then moved from not 1 but 3 different hospitals. We figured with the luck we were running best to stay home and hide under the covers till Monday. Surgery is at 4pm today.

Oh, on a bright note Icarus is now riding
20131027_113705_zpsd01e9505.jpg
on 37's

Back