Anyone using Sirius Travel Link weather with version 3.6.2? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone using Sirius Travel Link weather with version 3.6.2?

TrueBlue465

Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
In September 2013, I purchased a Sirius Travel Link subscription with weather. My 2013 Explorer was running software version 3.0 in September. The Travel Link weather map worked for about 2 weeks, and then it started taking progressively longer to update the weather radar picture. In October 2013, the update circle icon just kept going round and round. I cancelled Sirius Travel Link.

Last week I upgraded the Explorer software from version 3.0 to version 3.6.2. Is anyone using Sirius Travel Link weather on a 2013 Explorer with version 3.6.2? How well does it work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

works fine for me.. the previous 3.5.1 worked fine with it too.

Works fine for me too with 3.6.2 as well as 3.5.1. Once in a while, under 3.5.1, the weather map would not display the radar image but that was easily fixed by momentarily pulling out the Map card (SD card) for a few seconds and then reinserting it.

Mine works well too.

The only issue I had was the Travel Link Fuel Prices would not update, it just kept spinning.

That stopped a few weeks ago, and it works fine now.

Travel Link replacement

Has anyone used Gas Buddy and Waze in place of Travel Link? Free!!!

UPDATE. Sirius Weather map under version 3.6.2

After using Sirius Travel Link and version 3.6.2 for a few months, I can say that they are working well together. The weather radar maps update about every 10 minutes.

There are two quirks with version 3.6.2. The weather radar map cannot be viewed in track up mode. The weather map can only be viewed in north up mode.

The second quirk with version 3.6.2 is that in NAVIGATION, if you edit a Favorite, the NAME can only be shown in uppercase letters. The keyboard will not allow you to enter a lowercase letter. With previous firmware versions, you could use both uppercase and lowercase letters in a FAVORITE NAME.

Since my last post, I have put 8,000 miles on my 2013 Ford Explorer. The Explorer is a joy to drive. Best vehicle I have ever owned.

Back