Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

????????????????????

It's been a month now. What's happening Livernois? Why the delay?

So Anthony, I've recieved my 170/3bar MAP/CAI/programmer and have so far only installed the CAI. I figured to wait for the XV1 tune beofre I play with the programmer... My question is that I am in Cali and I only have the 91 octaine pi$$water gas at the pumps:mad: Is the XV1 compatable with the 91 performance tune, Also, I will be adding a full exhaust from the cats back, dual 2.5" all the way and the big intercooler is mostly built(need to mock up for inlet/outlet placment( and will go on within a day or so of the exhaust. DO I need a different tune when I add in these pieces? Most of my turbo stuff is so old school we just play with injectors/timing/fuel pressure when we add higher flowing companants. Help, I'm being dragged into the 21st century and it's unfamiliar territory!:eek:

AJ

Turbo Upgrade for ~600 whp

Sorry about my wording/mistypes. I love the tune so far. The power is there, shifts are firmer and it doesn't have me missing my 300c SRT8's power as much. While it still doesn't quite compare with that car as far as power, it is pretty close and a hell of a lot more comfortable for the family with way more bells and whistles.

Yes I also meant the 93v2 Perf tune. It will be a while before I step up to the other one, but knowing that I have a few fairly inexpensive bolt ons to get more power will be nice in the future.

This is what I'm ordering in January.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...oduct_Code=ATP-SHO-001&Category_Code=35V6TRAN

It's been a month now. What's happening Livernois? Why the delay?

Simply put, because we want to ensure the best possible results in both performance, and drivability. There are a few things that we have found to improve these two aspects of the Xv1 tune, and therefor rather than releasing something and that is good, but not 100% what it could be, we decided to release it when it has these new changes. Our truck has been on the dyno for a great deal of time, as well as working with local customer's vehicles to expedite this release as much as possible.

So Anthony, I've recieved my 170/3bar MAP/CAI/programmer and have so far only installed the CAI. I figured to wait for the XV1 tune beofre I play with the programmer... My question is that I am in Cali and I only have the 91 octaine pi$$water gas at the pumps:mad: Is the XV1 compatable with the 91 performance tune, Also, I will be adding a full exhaust from the cats back, dual 2.5" all the way and the big intercooler is mostly built(need to mock up for inlet/outlet placment( and will go on within a day or so of the exhaust. DO I need a different tune when I add in these pieces? Most of my turbo stuff is so old school we just play with injectors/timing/fuel pressure when we add higher flowing companants. Help, I'm being dragged into the 21st century and it's unfamiliar territory!:eek:

AJ

AJ,

We definitely plan on offering the Xv1 for 91 octane. While I can't speak specifically on your mods you are doing, our truck didn't need, but benefited from revised calibration once our downpipes and cat-back were fitted.

The only thing to forewarn people with ANY turbo upgrade (which we have been doing for 2 years now) is you MUST have methanol injection installed along with these. We are unfamiliar with the specific ones you posted here, but I know our experience with our billet wheel turbos have proven that you need the methanol before the turbos can be upgraded.

Simply put, because we want to ensure the best possible results in both performance, and drivability. There are a few things that we have found to improve these two aspects of the Xv1 tune, and therefor rather than releasing something and that is good, but not 100% what it could be, we decided to release it when it has these new changes. Our truck has been on the dyno for a great deal of time, as well as working with local customer's vehicles to expedite this release as much as possible.

AJ,

ed.
Thank you for the update on this , can't wait for the tune to come out

You are very welcome.

Any new news on the downpipes timetable? I can't wait to get my Xv1 tune and a set of downpipes on.

Thanks!

Any new news on the downpipes timetable? I can't wait to get my Xv1 tune and a set of downpipes on.

Thanks!

We are patiently awaiting our final validation set for fitment at this time. We appreciate your patience and sorry for the delay.

Thanks!

You won't need any of that stuff during the cold IA Winter. However, I could test it all for you during our Florida Winter 4 month stay....Leaving soon and IC is right on the way.....best regards Plum

You won't need any of that stuff during the cold IA Winter. However, I could test it all for you during our Florida Winter 4 month stay....Leaving soon and IC is right on the way.....best regards Plum

Hey, I like to keep busy!

Thanks!

We are still working on the downpipes, but the exhaust is now in production.

A Livernois exclusive Corsa premium cat-back exhaust system for your EcoBoost powered Explorer Sport. Many hours of r&d have been put into this product and we can not be more pleased with the fitment and sound of this system. We are currently taking pre-orders for the first batch due in mid January.

This system has been designed to feature the same quality you expect from Corsa, and the Performance that you expect from Livernois Motorsports.

Some features that this exhaust has include:

USA T304ss
Full 2.5" Mandrel bent piping for increased flow
Deep Throaty sound, modeled after the successful Corsa system for the SHO
Fully compatible with Upcoming Livernois performance Downpipes for the ultimate performance exhaust (coming soon)

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

To Pre-order this system, please visit this link:

2013+ Explorer Sport Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust - Livernois Motorsports

Never thought the exhaust would make its release before the tune.

Anthony/Livernois......are you any closer to releasing the XV1 tune yet? Sure would be a nice after Christmas present to get it!!!!

IMO these turbos can only flow so much. If you try and go full open wastegates, you are blowing serious amounts of hot air that might actually hurt performance. I think this tune might not of been released yet, because it really is no better then the current 93 high boost tunes they have out. Could be wrong, but that's my 2 cents.

IMO these turbos can only flow so much. If you try and go full open wastegates, you are blowing serious amounts of hot air that might actually hurt performance. I think this tune might not of been released yet, because it really is no better then the current 93 high boost tunes they have out. Could be wrong, but that's my 2 cents.

The fact that at least one person has run 13.0@105 without downpipes on a different tune should tell you otherwise. The best I could do with every mod possible was a 13.32@102 in the best of the best of conditions with my Livernois tune. There is more on the table they just have to make it work all of the time for everyone, not an easy thing to do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The fact that at least one person has run 13.0@105 without downpipes on a different tune should tell you otherwise. The best I could do with every mod possible was a 13.32@102 in the best of the best of conditions with my Livernois tune. There is more on the table they just have to make it work all of the time for everyone, not an easy thing to do.
Allot of factors in what your run at the track. Elevation and air density are huge. The difference between a 102 trap and 105 trap can be as simple as -200 to sea level conditions, to +2000 air density.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back