I Got My '14 Sport Window Sticker (Finally!) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I Got My '14 Sport Window Sticker (Finally!)

mctee

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
It's Here! Delivery 12/21!

Wow! That was quicker delivery than expected!
Dealer left me a message Thursday that '14 Ex Sport would likely arrive between 12/26 and 12/31.
Then called back approx an hr later saying it was on the lot!

Delivery Saturday!

Next issue was winter tires. Not much of anything left in western Canada.
So either a two week wait for Ford 18" steelies and a poor choice of tires or $2K for 20" tires (!).
After calling around all day, big BBY, BC west coastal Ford dealer has EVERYTHING in stock. Plus at smokin' pricing!

Whew! This was taking way longer than I thought it would, but checked again tonight and there it was!

I ordered 09/16 and it was a little stressful reading a few other threads where it appeared that the orders were placed at same or later date than me but window stickers were in hand and delivery ETA's were before December (or already delivered!).

Bianca at FordService.ca was right - she PM'ed last week the Sticker should be along shortly and that me and several of her customers were on the same 1st week of December production / delivery week of Dec 22nd schedule.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That doesn't seem right. I ordered m sport 11/5 and they said delivery was the week of dec 20th. Where r u located?

Canada. West coast.

Im west coast Canada and I have identical build/delivery dates as well.

I just got my sticker yesterday. It has a build date of 12/06. Now I have to see how long until we get it.

........double post....

I just got my sticker yesterday. It has a build date of 12/06. Now I have to see how long until we get it.

It'll be here before you know it, kenv; once it's in your driveway, you won't even remember the wait. :D

Crystal

Mine came off the line this morning around 0600hrs and was going into QC......Im sure the other guys with December 5th build dates are completed now too.

You can check SYNCMYRIDE now and see if it shows the SYNC/MFT version number loaded.

Shows mine getting v3.6.2 today.

Now the delivery race is on........I think us West Coast guys are going to be the last ones unfortunately.

Mine came off the line this morning around 0600hrs and was going into QC......Im sure the other guys with December 5th build dates are completed now too.

You can check SYNCMYRIDE now and see if it shows the SYNC/MFT version number loaded.

Shows mine getting v3.6.2 today.

Now the delivery race is on........I think us West Coast guys are going to be the last ones unfortunately.

Just noticed your AVATAR Sgt1411..... Lucky Bugger! As if you got a shot of your Sport in production. Or atleast that's what I am assuming thats a shot of.

Your correct........lets hope delivery is fast for all of us.........

Did you check your syncmyride account yet?

Yup.... mine is there also.

I also checked it on "etis", looks like all the modules were checked at 4:17 this morning.

Race is on, granted I likely have a slight advantage.

Ya straight North is much quicker...........then across the country then north.

Weather might be on our side....we shall see

Yep. My sport was finished Friday also. Will c how long it takes to get to PA. Ordered 11/5. Only 4 weeks so far. Hahaha

Yep. My sport was finished Friday also. Will c how long it takes to get to PA. Ordered 11/5. Only 4 weeks so far. Hahaha

Your very lucky, my order date was September 13th, almost 6 weeks longer wait so far.

Mine was full load with dual 2nd row captains seats with console.

All options except DVD. Which I am carrying over from my Limited.

Although I just realized the Sport interior leather has white accent stitching and the DVD Headrests from my limited have black stitching.

Minor issue but my OCD might make me hand color the stitching to match.

Build date is on the top of the window sticker, right? Just left of center?
If so, mine looks like it was built a couple days before yours - Dec. 3rd.

What is the date in the box below "SPECIAL ORDER" in small text? Is that the invoice date?

I spoke to my dealer on 12/05. My Sport shows on their report as invoiced 11/22 but no firm shipping date yet. They are still quoting week ending 12/28 but I can't imagine too much moving that week...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think we will be lucky if we get it that last week of December out west here unless they speed it up to get here before the holidays.

Mine is showing December 30th now instead of Dec 28th

All the Sport orders show SPECIAL ORDER right now because dealers cannot order retail stock with current demand.

Back