91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00 | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00

Found Danny boy's thread on soa conversion. Curious though, will the conversion itself raise the rear of my explorer any?

Just moving spring from on top of the axle to under the axle and changing nothing else will raise it 5.5" or so.. (Going from SUA to SOA).

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, just the conversion itself will raise the rear of the truck approximately 5".

Edit:

Oops, didn't see your post Mark. What he said!

Then how would I lift the front to match it without doing sas?

Then how would I lift the front to match it without doing sas?

Your only option for your generation Explorer is a sloped body lift with cranked torsion bars or a lift kit in combination with a sloped body lift (info about that in the 1st post of this thread)

~Mark

Will all of these modifications fit my 01 Sport? This seems to be the only forum on the web that knows their stuff so I'm hoping someone here knows!

Looking for AAL for 2003 Sport XLT the website linked on the first pages says the EXP13120 AAL won't fit my vehicle.

Will all of these modifications fit my 01 Sport? This seems to be the only forum on the web that knows their stuff so I'm hoping someone here knows!

What are you looking to do to your Explorer? I have a 2003 Sport and have Torsion Keys, Torsion Twist and 2" Shackles in the rear. This is definitely the site to help you out.

What are you looking to do to your Explorer? I have a 2003 Sport and have Torsion Keys, Torsion Twist and 2" Shackles in the rear. This is definitely the site to help you out.

I'm looking to get it lifted and put some 33 inch A/Ts on it. About 3-5 inches of lift just so I can have some fun with my friends and their trucks when they go off-roading and all that.

I'm looking to get it lifted and put some 33 inch A/Ts on it. About 3-5 inches of lift just so I can have some fun with my friends and their trucks when they go off-roading and all that.

Sounds like you may want to do a body lift, go back to page 1 of this thread and all the info on the body lift is there.

im running lift shackles and a tt lift and i have between 32"-33" tires. going to do a 3" body lift and some creative "clearance cutting" and i think i should be able to fit 35" tires. i have a 1999 explorer V-8 AWD though, so i think they sit a little higher than the 6 cylinder ones.

Ok so I can't remember, do I need 883 or 853?

Anybody know? I ordered the 853 but if I need the 883 I can exchange it

You need the 883.

What's the difference between the two, just the bumper brackets?

Anybody got a diagram for the radiator brackets? I can have them made..

...If your truck is a 1995-1997 you need part # PA-853 for the ford ranger, If your truck is a 1998-2001 you need part # PA-883 for the ford ranger. I purchased mine from www.suspensionconnection.com
Click on body lifts, ford body lifts, then ranger...

Can someone please confirm if the parts number is correct? I only see a part #833 and not #883 on Summit's website. Thanks!

EDIT: Better yet, can someone please post the link to the part(s) I need for my 1999 Explorer 4DR 4.0. Thanks again!

this helps a lot

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good Write up here.

Just Doesnt hit on the 97 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD BL

I'm Guesing that the 1997 Mountaineer is just like the AWD 1998 explorer.
So I need the 883 BL too right?I did the TT and Made rear shacles..So they are a little stouter than the warrior shackels and a 1/2'' longer.

With the BL and what I have already done...Im going to atempt 36's with some excessive wheel well trimming.

Just needing to know for sure what BL kit to buy.

Thanks. Jay

Back